It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Claims 'The Greatest Deterrent'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn

I know I should hit the ignore button, but this guy is just to funny.

woah, just had to add more laughs.

I've had my mouse over the ignore button several times too. But came to the conclusion hes not worth using the feature on and actualy brings a good laugh now and then showing other people how definatly never to become.

I wonder what branch of the KKK hes part of ... :p

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn

I know I should hit the ignore button, but this guy is just to funny.

woah, just had to add more laughs.

I've had my mouse over the ignore button several times too. But came to the conclusion hes not worth using the feature on and actualy brings a good laugh now and then showing other people how definatly never to become.

I wonder what branch of the KKK hes part of ... :p

The "ignore" thingy was invented so the weak minded insane liberal left won't have to deal with reality. Fear of the truth..........So use the button.

The KKK is no different that the muslim terrorist, both are full of cowards.

Anything else "euro-boy?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well, I wouldn't ignore you, but I am unsure where the anger and/or distain comes from. It must certainly come from God.

War is something that must be done only as a last resort because it is absurd, costly, and distructive. God does give those who follow him (and those who don't) the ability to kill those that are evil if need be, but the judgement of men does not come from men.

The War in Iraq is not a war that needed to be fought in the way we fought it. We should be the ones to aid those in need out of love rather than out of anger or hate against those who oppress.

So, does condemnation dolled out in blankets come from the bible? I mean, we all no that no one that is liberal could possibly believe in God.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Saddam was a significant danger to the world. How soon libs forget his "deeds".

Christ, knowing that satan "is" confussion taught love thy neighbor with good reason. Look at where mankind is going.....Total destruction. If man had followed Christ there would be no war. But man is weak and has only evil in his heart just as before the flood.

This planet is spinning toward total destruction. Islam vs Christian vs Jew vs (blank) vs (blank) and on and on and on. As soon as Iran gets enough PU to finish its bombs the final war will begin.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Saddam was a significant danger to the world. How soon libs forget his "deeds".

Christ, knowing that satan "is" confussion taught love thy neighbor with good reason. Look at where mankind is going.....Total destruction. If man had followed Christ there would be no war. But man is weak and has only evil in his heart just as before the flood.

This planet is spinning toward total destruction. Islam vs Christian vs Jew vs (blank) vs (blank) and on and on and on. As soon as Iran gets enough PU to finish its bombs the final war will begin.

A few points:

1) I am not a lib, and can not be confussed with one outside of the "You disagree with the Christian Right's Mandate, therefore I dub thee a liberal." rational.

2) If war was the last resort, we would have tried other option before invading. As one who does not forget Saddam's actions, I also do not forget H.W. Bush leaving thousands of Iraqis holding the bag to get murdered, and more to become refugees after the first Gulf War.

I also remember what he said would happen if we did choose to invade Iraq, and it is coming true before out eyes.

3) The world is no more evil than it ever has been, mainly because man is no more or less evil than he ever has been.

The doom and gloom gets tiring, so what is the point here?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The "ignore" thingy was invented so the weak minded insane liberal left won't have to deal with reality. Fear of the truth..........So use the button.

Anything else "euro-boy?

1) If one thing you say holds any water DrHoracid, please find a single person on this board that agrees with your hatred.

2) Are the admins of this site going to do anything about the radically racist comments that come out of DrHoracids posts?
I could almost swear it’s against the TOS, and I doubt I am the only one that has suggested this.

Anyway to get back on topic, after this Iranian announcement I would be under the impression that any more "incursions" (If there were any) by coalition special forces into Iran might be similar to walking into a yard of starving dogs covered in barbecue sauce, you can't expect them to not notice or react.
I am now very curious as the whether or not this "Greatest Deterrent" is mushroom shaped or not, hopefully more information is released soon.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Anything else "euro-boy?

Correction: The ignore button was invented as a result of the actions of people like yourself, DrHoracid. Nobody really wants to hear your small minded views, especially those of us with a short temper who may reply to your obscenities with haste and subsequently recieve warnings that should be yours in the first place.

What has the intire population of Iran done to you or your country? Why do you want them all to be reduced to radioactive bone fragments so passionatly? More importantly, what are you basing your claims on that they are evil?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Reads like a propaganda PR move by Iran to stave off or halt any type of considered military action against their nuclear facilities, etc.

Yep...you know what they say..."Talk is cheap", and so far, we've just seen talk.

War IS the last resort....agreed, unless you're paladin Bush, and then it's the first option on the table....after a hastily issued ultimatum... Now, I'm sure the Bushies will cry "foul" on that, but it's a factual matter of history, as evidenced twice in his first administration....
"Do this or else...", "Let's Roll!"

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Anything else "euro-boy?

Guess again dude, put them 2 braincells on overtime

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
If they had Nuclear weapons then they would have to be tested. That would have been detected about 3 seconds after detonation, even if the test had occured below ground. The US and Russia have very sensitive detection devices for this kind of thing. I dont think they have them yet, but i do think they are very close.

What about the possibilty of creating nuclear weapon but not testing them, would they risk such as tactic?
Then again it is Iran so the odds are they are lieing.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

What about the possibilty of creating nuclear weapon but not testing them, would they risk such as tactic?

The test is more to prove it to the world that you have the capability, not to prove it to yourself. Without that test to the world, you're just crying "wolf!" as far as the world is concerned....

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Janus' signature says:

"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

That is reflected in my favorite song:

"Si por pobre me desprecias
Yo te concedo razon,
Yo te concedo razon,
Si por pobre me desprecias.

Yo no te ofrezco riquezas
Te ofrezco mi corazon,
Te ofrezco mi corazon
A cambio de mi pobreza."

Translated:

If you reject me for my poverty, I can understand you reason;
I do not offer riches; I offer my heart in exchange of my own poverty."

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

There's always the possibility that they could have aquired a nuclear weapon (e.g - Russian 'suitcase nuke'), rather than developing their own.

I hope that there is nothing to this; going to war with yet another middle eastern country seems like taking the high road to WW3. If there is a threat from inside Iran, it is coming from their leaders, so why answer the threat by bombing their people like has been done in Iraq?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
DrHo, You sound just as bad as the Islamic nuttcases who blew up the world trade center.
For a person who quotes the bible allot you seem to be full of to much hate.
Maybe you should try going to church to calm your anger down a little and try to understand the bible as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well I want to hear Dr. Horacid's views if the rest of you don't.

Also, I have not seen any "radically racist" remarks come from his post. Let's not let this become a Mudpit Moment.

There is no reason to insult someone for having "small minded views", because it is self defeating. Claiming enlightenment over another deconstructs the enlightenedment you purport to have.

So let's fight anger with understanding and compassion. In other words "Deny Ignorance" please.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It is such a liberal "icon" to try to separate governments from the people. The people are the government. The governement "is" the people. It has no power, nor money without the people. It isn't some "thing" that exists all on it own.

Iran is steadily marching to war. They have sponsored terrorism since the "revolution". The "people" overthrew the Shah....they can overthrow this "radical mullah" gov too. If not the radicals can not be allowed access to nukes, and the capability to deliver them. IRAN has chanted "death to America" for many years and that still continues today. Doing nothing about terror brought 911 and will end life on earth.

And, it seems that "tolerance" is just a word for think and speak "my way" in the PC world of the liberals. I "hate" no one except evil. Nor will I be accused of it from the "tolerant" ones.

Islam along with MANY so called "Christian" religions are FALSE. TV evangelist that ask for MONEY are FAKE.

Terrorist are cowards because they prey on the weak, ask others to commit suicide and murder the innocent, because they are afraid of death themselves.

Iran's mullah's are afraid of the US, make no mistake. But their intent has been to MURDER each and every man, woman, and child in Israel. Then force the planet to convert to the false religion of Islam or die.

This is a fight for the survival of Christianity and Judaism on this planet.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Iran's mullah's are afraid of the US, make no mistake. But their intent has been to MURDER each and every man, woman, and child in Israel. Then force the planet to convert to the false religion of Islam or die.

This is a fight for the survival of Christianity and Judaism on this planet.

The intent to MURDER(again, that all caps thing does not make you any more convincing) each and every......is the mentality of a religious zealot. Of course in your infinite wisdom you would no doubt understand that there are many Muslims in the world and not all of them(indeed a great number of them) have no qualm with other people and their choice of worship. Just everyday people like our selves(though you continue to defy conventional definition, Doc
). Also, Islam cannot be stated as false anymore than your "obviously so true because you ascribe to it" religion.

There is not a fight for the survival of Christianity or Judaism; merely a fight for the critical mind..... a fight you seem to be at the forefront against.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Allah is not GOD, nor is budda, and so one, and so forth. Islam was created by satan to fool mankind. Islam denys Christ was the son of God and therefore is a false religion.

Anyone that prays to anyone or thing other than Jesus himself or God has been fooled.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Allah is not GOD, nor is budda, and so one, and so forth. Islam was created by satan to fool mankind. Islam denys Christ was the son of God and therefore is a false religion.
Anyone that prays to anyone or thing other than Jesus himself or God has been fooled.

Why bring god into it? and for that matter, what makes your religion so special just because you were born into it? Don't you realize the zealots on the other side of the pond think just like you, but with the pronouns rearranged? You either really believe all this holier than thou crappola you spew or you're here to cause problems.....many of your posts don't reflect the subject matter and instigate others by the ignorant generalities you insist on using as answers for everything. I choose not to ignore you because your posts remind me of the stagnation of mind that I continually strive against......Dr. Horacid

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

First up, I have no religion. But even I am shocked at that statement. It is singular thought like that, that leads to war and murder.

Hey, lets face it: Religion is a man made thing. I’m not knocking it, I understand why some people believe, but its purely the fancy of man. Period. Its impossible to prove otherwise.

So when I see people who think that what they believe is the only belief and every non believer must die or go to "hell", I get very angry and scared. Because no good has ever come from that and will ever come from that line of thought.

God, or a God, is more responsible for death and suffering than any other thing or cause in the history of mankind.

Man you "believers" need to get a clue and come back to reality so people can stop dieing. And when I say "believers" I mean everybody. The fanatics among you will be the death of us all. Freaks really.

Ok all you "alternate" believers, come with me to Pluto where we can be safe from these lunatics. Heck, we have all the technology anyways, we will be fine....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join