It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Claims 'The Greatest Deterrent'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Don't know much about this yet but the headline ticker at News.bbc.co.uk states that Iran says it does not fear attack as it has developed the greatest Deterred.

Are they coming out and saying they have nukes ?

Bit more info coming through now

""We can claim that we have rapidly produced equipment that has resulted in the greatest deterrent," the defence minister said, without giving details.

Full story

BBC News Iran

[edit on 18-1-2005 by trinityschild]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If they had Nuclear weapons then they would have to be tested. That would have been detected about 3 seconds after detonation, even if the test had occured below ground. The US and Russia have very sensitive detection devices for this kind of thing. I dont think they have them yet, but i do think they are very close.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Could the devlopment of Nukes in Iran just be a ploy for the fact that they were already given a nuke by one of our many friends that have them such as Russia China, France. I would guess you could buy a lot of oil with one of those and no need to test the tested.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Perhaps they are speaking of something biological. Personally I am much more scared of something like that. Sure a nuke is devastating, but given our ability to move around the world a biological weapon in the form of a virus (or something similar) would seem much more devastating as it could wipe out everyone that doesn't have a vaccine.

Lukefj

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
Could the devlopment of Nukes in Iran just be a ploy for the fact that they were already given a nuke by one of our many friends that have them such as Russia China, France. I would guess you could buy a lot of oil with one of those and no need to test the tested.

I suppose thats possible. I cant see any of the Nations mentioned supplying Nukes to Iran though. If they had a Nuke then it may be one of the Russian Suitcase ones that went missing a while back. Im not sure if the Russians ever accounted for all the Suitcase size Nukes that they had.
In order to be an effective detterent they would need something quite a bit bigger. I cant really see a Country selling that kind of hardware to an Islamic Republic like Iran. But selling them the means to make their own, well ... thats a different matter all together.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by Janus]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Reads like a propaganda PR move by Iran to stave off or halt any type of considered military action against their nuclear facilities, etc.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
In my opinion the greatest deterrent to the Bush administration would be turning Iran into another Iraq.

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
You know what this means right? The High Holy King George needs to act sooner rather than later. Its coming folks....sooner than I thought.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The biggest danger is that Iran will find itself in a tied situation and decided to take the middle east with it and launch all his nuclear power over the other countries.

Armagedon friends.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is nothing to be worked up about. For one thing, there are a lot of conflicting voices in Iran. Did this come from Khatami or Khameini (spelling?)? You might remember that Iran's Revolutionary Guard has in the past claimed that "soon, when our Khameini gives the order, our missiles will destroy western civilization".
The vague phrasing is not unintentional either. It is designed to do only one thing: increase speculation and thereby increase media coverage in America. They want every hawk pundit on FNC to go into horrific what-ifs about what this BS statement could mean, because this is going to scare the pants off of moderates and doves, thus robbing a war on Iran of much support. I'm really hoping that "news analysts" (read well paid speculators) will keep their often inept little paws off of this story and not make a mountain of a mole hill.

EDIT:
Marg, in my opinion the greatest danger is that Iran's menacing propaganda will increase support for war and eliminate all possibility of a gentler sollution which might otherwise be possible. I've said it before and I'll say it again- Iranians in general are not evil extremists and they aren't bad people. If we helped them instead of attacking them we could change their country from the inside out. I don't want my buddies in the USMC shooting them up if it can be avoided.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well Vagabond, that Iran has nuclear capabilities is for sure.

Why? because India, Pakistan and Israel does, and by the way is some rumors that Egypt is also in the van wagon of nuclear power.

Now, we don't know for sure how many "martyrs" of the cause will have their hand on nuclear devices either.

Yes destroying Iran, may very well spark attacks of nuclear devices around.

But that is the risk we have to take, in the name of war on terror right?

Human lives are expendable and replaceable.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
wouldnt their stock of 10,000+ missiles be enough

1. since they can hit israel hard if the israelis decide to attack

2. the anti ship missiles that could take out several US war ships and a couple hundred crew men/women

3. if the US invade the iranian armed forces wont line up to surrunder
after the iraq prison thing

so the US/Israel facing large loss should be a detturent in its self

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

"We can claim that we have rapidly produced equipment that has resulted in the greatest deterrent," the defence minister said, without giving details."

If they are referring to nuclear weapons, then maybe America will have to think twice before it's imperial band wagon marches forward.
I find it funny that the US is so angry over countries like Iran producing nuclear weapons in SELF DEFENCE (If they are producing them at all) when the US itself still maintains so many operation warheads. (6000+ I believe?)
What gives them the right?

Also about this point:

If they had Nuclear weapons then they would have to be tested. That would have been detected about 3 seconds after detonation

Could not testing be done on an extremely smaller scale, say in a laboratory under strict condictions? I know scientists have created small scale experiments for things like supernova's but seeing as im no expert I wouldnt have a clue if they could achieve the same success.
Anyone know?

[edit on 18-1-2005 by Johnny Redburn]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn

"We can claim that we have rapidly produced equipment that has resulted in the greatest deterrent," the defence minister said, without giving details."

If they are referring to nuclear weapons, then maybe America will have to think twice before it's imperial band wagon marches forward.
I find it funny that the US is so angry over countries like Iran producing nuclear weapons in SELF DEFENCE (If they are producing them at all) when the US itself still maintains so many operation warheads. (6000+ I believe?)
What gives them the right?

God gives us the right to vaporize evil.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

I know I should hit the ignore button, but this guy is just to funny.

woah, just had to add more laughs.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by Johnny Redburn]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Can you go a little more into this (I hope you are kidding, or making some reference to Bush being a divine handyman for the world)?

Just wondered.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Iran will become another Iraq x10+.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Somebody please, please suverely impair Dr.HoRacist with a blunt object. A mild backhand from a moderator just simply isnt enough in this case.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
After some intense searches, I was able to find some data on the new Iranian Deterrent System or “IDS” for short. Also known an the "Greatest Deterrent". The actual name of the main weapon in the IDS system was written in Tajik. But I found a very loose English translation. Its called: "The Kick of Allah”

Visit the link to see a pic of the “Kick of Allah” in action.

WARNING, the pic shows an advanced, extreme weapon of obvious consequence…

www.michaelcoyne.com.au...

[edit on 18-1-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
America was founded by decendents of the 10 lost tribes of biblical Israel. The US is the greatest power in history due to this fact. The original covenant is still in effect. Those that attack "Israel" will be paid back 10 fold.

Except for the revelution America has never fought and "offensive" war. Always a defensive war. Example Japan attacks Pearl Harbor, (2800 dead). Truman nukes Japan, hundreds of thousdands dead.

OBL (global terror) attacks on 911, 3000 dead. GW attacks back...hundreds of thousands dead.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join