It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May set to be PM as Leadsom quits race

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
news.sky.com...

Breaking now.
Just waiting on the 1922 committee to confirm it.

Personally I am gutted as I've never had any faith in May's morals or competence.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Brexit x May = Destruction of our country. Talk about living in interesting times.

Rev

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well, Leadsom did make some quite inappropriate remarks. Probably due to her inexperience, but inappropriate nonetheless.

I know May gets some people hot under the collar, but she should be good. However, the choices she makes in posts around the Cabinet table will be the real indicator of her intent.

I also think it's good to have a person from the EU Remain camp leading the BREXIT negotiations. I just think she'll run rings around the groupthink that represents the male dominated top of the EU.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
What a disaster

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Here Here

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I disagree with May's stance on the EU (she was for remain) however I at least get the sense that she is going to trigger Brexit and that she will listen to the people. I also feel she will be a much better negotiator than Andrea Leadsome.

Let's see what happens - if May does not Brexit then she won't have the job for long.
edit on 11/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I think a lot of people are going to wish they hadn't voted to leave the eu.

At least with the eu there was some chance of the conservatives anti human policies being reigned in a little.

And let's face it, at the moment and for the foreseeable future, no other party has a chance in hell of taking the power from the torys.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I reckon this was the Tory's plan B all along. Only UKIP actually wanted Brexit.
Next GE will be a doozy.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I disagree with May's stance on the EU (she was for remain) however I at least get the sense that she is going to trigger Brexit and that she will listen to the people. I also feel she will be a much better negotiator than Andrea Leadsome.

Let's see what happens - if May does not Brexit then she won't have the job for long.

May will not "listen to the people". The only thing that will happen is that the refurendum will be literally upheld as in the UK will withdraw from the EU. May is there to ensure the alternate trade agreements are put in place. Since the promises of the brexit campaign are impossible.

I don't know why you brexiters still cling to these promises. The truth about immigration, trade etc is slowly revealing itself.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
So all the Brexiters have done a disappearing act. Tells me everything i need to know.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Just as Labour is completely out of touch with its membership, so it seems are the tories.

I see a big mess coming. And UKIP may just pick up the pieces. Twitter is abuzz with tories renouncing their membership in favour of ukip

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
news.sky.com...

Breaking now.
Just waiting on the 1922 committee to confirm it.

Personally I am gutted as I've never had any faith in May's morals or competence.

I'm sure it won't surprise you to know I disagree. We don't get the clown, the backstabber, the naive/incompetent or Crabbe/Javid who are promising, but too soon.

Not sure what you know about May's morals, more than me obviously as I admire the fact she pushed for gay marriage and actually got Abu Qutada extradited which is more than Labour could manage. I like the fact she didn't mind telling the Tory party some home truths - publicly, and that she was willing to talk frankly to the Police Federation.

Not sure which of that you've got an issue with, if you honestly thought Leadsom would have been better I can only assume that's because she was in favour of Brexit.... if you knew anything else about her before that apart from perhaps she was a relatively low level minister than I'm impressed.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Well, she has flip flopped on echr, she was responsible for those awful vans telling people to go home.
She plays the politics of expediencyvery well, but not for the nation.

I really have zero faith in her. Just incase anyone doubted my position.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Theresa has said she had and her husband had a heartbreaking struggle to have children. Finding they couldn't was a devastating blow.

Of course we were both affected by it. You see friends who now have grown-up children, but you accept the hand that life deals you
www.mirror.co.uk...

She cares about others who are in difficult circumstances.

And yet it never occurred to them to help a parentless child and themselves by adopting? I've known many people who feel loving gratitude towards foster parents and adoptive parents for the family life they made possible.

I believe that whole episode was a charade.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Of the two she would get my vote. The first time I saw her it was like.................. May's sexy, I'd love to spend the night with here. Not sure about her politics but give her a go

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Reply to : Yorkshirelad

Which truth are you referring to? Which promises are you referring to?
Remain lost - get over it.
edit on 11/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Of the two she would get my vote. The first time I saw her it was like.................. May's sexy, I'd love to spend the night with here. Not sure about her politics but give her a go

Just how drunk were you the first time you saw her?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I am concerned. Deeply concerned

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Just how drunk were you the first time you saw her?

Exactly. She's at least a 20 pinter. At least. Might even be smack involved.
edit on 11-7-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

Well, she has flip flopped on echr, she was responsible for those awful vans telling people to go home.
She plays the politics of expediencyvery well, but not for the nation.

I really have zero faith in her. Just incase anyone doubted my position.

Regarding your last point, that's absolutely your right, as is mine to say I had zero faith in Johnson, Gove and Leadsom, just in case you had any doubt. I also have zero faith in Corbyn should he end up at some point as a PM as I think he's in his current position as a result of a protest vote that went badly wrong - just in case you had any doubt.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join