It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We continue to toe the line...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I see a lot of BLM topics in the new section, a lot of topics about race and racism. It seems to me that ATS has turned from an alternative news site to a site that constantly pushes the current rhetoric being offered by the MSM. We did it with gay marriage, the rebel flag, the bathroom issue, gay cakes, etc. and now we continue the trend with the latest BLM rhetoric.

ATS seems to ebb and flow with the current MSM newslines more than it has ever done before in my opinon, at least since I started lurking and posting here. There is barely any hint of "alternative news" anymore on here, we have become a site that toes the political line and buys into the political rhetoric that the MSM is brainwashing us with every day.

Hopefully one day ATS will go back to its roots in alternative news, but as of now we are just a news aggregate site more than anything, news that ironically falls in line with the current headlines on the MSM propaganda outlets. On a site whose motto is "deny ignorance", I see a sever lack of such a philosophy from members lately. Liberals this, Conservatives that, gay people this, gay people that, BLM this, BLM that, etc. ad nauseum.

I think it's time we stop buying into the propaganda and start denyng it like we used to. What do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Conspiracy Golden Age hath ended.

Now we see one man's ignorance is another man's denial.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

We did it with gay marriage, the rebel flag, the bathroom issue, gay cakes, etc. and now we continue the trend with the latest BLM rhetoric.

Whose "We"? I'm not we, but I stand with thee.

ATS seems to ebb and flow with the current MSM newsiness more than it has ever done before in my opinion, at least since I started lurking and posting here.

I picked up the front page section of the local newspaper the other day and was musing the same thing. It looked a lot like the ATS front page.

I suppose if there was a conspiracy embedded there it might be that anyone new that comes here goes meh, another main stream website... move along, nothing to see here.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

yea I see it..

But at the same time I think it's just an energetic swing away from 2012 is the end of the world and Nibiru and 9/11...

And now there is less to see...

well I think it's just a flow...

last year I thought ATS was at it's worst but then it surprised me.. The energy right now feels blah..

It's in these down times we should make our own content..
No links..
Make our own content..

so ok I'll make a thread in this next month.
I've only made one before..
and I promise it will be something from me and my own brand of perception.

how's that?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

That deserves a beer.

Would be nice, but don't hold your breath!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Yep. The site sucks now. It's been overrun by political discussions. ATS should get rid of the politics section and go back to being conspiracy driven. It's nothing but Hillary Clinton emails and Trump said this threads. Yawnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Remember the days when it was all about the NWO? Pictures of rail yards being setup for detention camps across America, crazy rituals being performed by famous people etc. People went really far to back up their theories too.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
It's all just people debating what they saw on tv.. blm is the new trump nothing to see here move along
edit on 11-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Although it's not a huge problem for me but it's true, seems at least two BLM threads a day or least news on the movement, saying pretty much the same thing in another state.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I guess perspective is everything... I don't see that.

But I do see a whole lot of folks whining because the ATS monkeys aren't keeping them entertained the way they want and jumping through their approved hoops.

Next thing ya know we'll have people crying about people posting about politics at all. Almost as if they want to shut down any conversation that actually contradicts and even disproves the government sanctioned mainstream narrative.

Oh wait! That's already happening. Nevermind.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That's happening a lot on ATS recently, people shutting down any conversation that contradicts the mainstream narrative. That's the main point of this thread, the mainstream narrative is being pushed every day.

top topics

join