It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss Army Man....review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
In a film world of remakes, knock offs, sequels, formula, etc, it's unusual to find a movie so unique that it's impossible to categorize.
Total gonzo, wtf, style of film making that leaves you feeling violated, unsatisfied but thoroughly entertained by Dan Kwan, Daniel Scheinert surreal
vision of who knows what. Indescribable existential profane madness yet beautifully strange.
'

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I've been wanting to see that movie. Looks delightfully bizarre.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

It seems to be the go, nowadays, bizarre and violent stories filmed in a jaw-droppingly stunning fashion in awesome surroundings. This formula by itself is alluring. Though I must say I didn’t like the trailer, it looked too silly, stupid and childish.

But I would like to see this movie according to your descriptions and the plot of the movie is promising. Though I hope for little to no violence. I don’t know why most movies are so violent. Do people truly like violence that much so moviemakers would answer a demand ?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucia2389

Do people truly like violence that much so moviemakers would answer a demand ?

Apparently so....Production companies want to make money. They research public opinion and monitor the $$ucssful movies.

If intellectual, challenging , socially relevant movies made money that's what they would make....capitalism!

Swiss Army Man is stupid and childish but those two adjectives don't describe the film; it's much more than that....I just wish I knew what it was.

edit on 11-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join