It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An honest conversation about race.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You seem to have made your mind up already, that even acknowledging the existence of race is racist. It's impossible to touch the subject in this way. How are we to approach it if people's knee jerk reaction is that even discussing it is racist? It's a discussion that needs to be had.

And I'm not an American.. I don't define people singularly by their race either. There's so much else, but race is indeed a factor.

You are the one used genes divisively, segregating humans because they have minutely different genetic make up. I pointed out all life shares 90 percent or better genes so it becomes irrelevant to use genes as argument in discussion of race. Something racists do a lot.

No, no, no.. This argument of yours is flawed. If it is indeed true that we share 90% of our genes with all creatures of the Earth then this speaks for my perspective. That even 10% can make such an enormous difference speaks of the relevance of genes. If only 10% makes up the difference between me and a banana fly then surely even the most minute of genetic difference will amount to quite a difference in the real World.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
I found this to be an absolutely fascinating video. We live in a day and age of white guilt and shame. We live in an era of "white privledge." Race has become a taboo of our time. Are all races inherently the same? Is there systemic racism in the police force here in the United States? Communication is the solvent of all things. Where true communication is, truth can be uncovered; where there isn't communication and there is only censorship, truth cannot be uncovered. Watch this whole video and let the dialogue begin. m.youtube.com...

You do realize that the video is centered around Jared Taylor, from the New Century Foundation, right? They're a white supremacist organization. This kind of makes the premise of an "honest conversation" about race impossible.

The New Century Foundation is an organization founded in 1994 known primarily for publishing American Renaissance. From 1994 to 1999 its activities received considerable funding by the Pioneer Fund,[1][2][3] and has been described as a white supremacist group,[4] which its founder, Jared Taylor, denies, calling it white separatist.

Okay, so maybe he's not really all that bad. Maybe he's just gotten some bad press or something...Wait, really Jared?!

Taylor advocates segregation as a natural expression of racial solidarity while denying that his views constitute white supremacism. Viewing societal problems as racial in nature, Taylor upholds white racial homogeneity as the key to peaceful coexistence with other races.

Wikipedia

So...we should bring back segregation? I mean, I'm pretty sure that's just what I read.

I know what that looks like to me.

So, in order to call this an "honest" conversation about race -- we can't use the video in the OP to base our discussion around.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

You seem to have made your mind up already, that even acknowledging the existence of race is racist.

I'm not blind, I see racists for what they are.

Haters. Google Nazi racist doctrine.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You do realize that the video is centered around Jared Taylor, from the New Century Foundation, right? They're a white supremacist organization. This kind of makes the premise of an "honest conversation" about race impossible.

Thank you mystic. I was wondering how they could just sit and listen to that spew without booing him off stage.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

If you're gonna pontificate about the non-existence of race you better be willing to defend your perspective with rational arguments, not blind emotional opinion based on nothing but dogma.

I suppose that you would be a racist too if you were to acknowledge differences in races? Is this true?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

If you're gonna pontificate about the non-existence of race you better be willing to defend your perspective with rational arguments, not blind emotional opinion based on nothing but dogma.

Thats what racism is silly. Blind, irrational, contrived from nothing. Enjoy your torch light processions, cross burnings and death factories, I mean arms factories.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

But in this situation you're the one ignoring evidence and resorting to name calling.

You have done nothing to actually prove that race is irrelevant, further you seem to believe that simply believing in the notion of race is racist. In reality this is not the case.

This blind belief of yours is bordering on religion and I am a heretic(racist) for challenging it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join