It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Shooting Suspect Wanted To Bring Gun To Trump Protest Rally, Civil Rights Leader Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Three weeks before Micah Xavier Johnson opened fire on Dallas police, he offered to work security for protesters outside a Donald Trump appearance in Dallas. Organizers said “no way” – because Johnson wanted to bring a gun.

Rev. Peter Johnson is a longtime Dallas civil rights activist – and no relation to the suspected shooter. Johnson has led marches for decades, going back to his years with Martin Luther King Jr. He’s lived by King’s ethos of non-violence.

“Young man comes and says 'I’m going to participate, I want to help, but I want to bring my gun,'” Johnson recalls. “I say 'Hell no; you can’t bring your gun.' That’s all I remember about him. I told him you can’t bring your gun to a protest that I’m involved in.”

Dallas Shooting Suspect Wanted To Bring Gun To Trump Protest Rally, Civil Rights Leader Says

This was reported today.

Seems this agent of death was rejected by the reasonable old school civil rights organizers. He wanted to bring a gun to a Trump rally and act as security. Don't think he would have made it by the Secret Service but you never know. There needs to be a public accounting for his involvement in these protests. He must have had intimate knowledge of the planned march well in advance, scouted his kill zone and that requires inside intelligence. He may have been accepted by BLM organizers to gain that knowledge, this is proof he was seeking access to public events through contacting protest organizers.
BLM likely taking in the radical, whereas the seasoned veterans of civil rights protests rejected him, needs more public disclosure.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Three weeks before Micah Xavier Johnson opened fire on Dallas police, he offered to work security for protesters outside a Donald Trump appearance in Dallas. Organizers said “no way” – because Johnson wanted to bring a gun.

Rev. Peter Johnson is a longtime Dallas civil rights activist – and no relation to the suspected shooter. Johnson has led marches for decades, going back to his years with Martin Luther King Jr. He’s lived by King’s ethos of non-violence.

“Young man comes and says 'I’m going to participate, I want to help, but I want to bring my gun,'” Johnson recalls. “I say 'Hell no; you can’t bring your gun.' That’s all I remember about him. I told him you can’t bring your gun to a protest that I’m involved in.”

This was reported today.

Seems this agent of death was rejected by the reasonable old school civil rights organizers. He wanted to bring a gun to a Trump rally and act as security. Don't think he would have made it by the Secret Service but you never know. There needs to be a public accounting for his involvement in these protests. He must have had intimate knowledge of the planned march well in advance, scouted his kill zone and that requires inside intelligence. He may have been accepted by BLM organizers to gain that knowledge, this is proof he was seeking access to public events through contacting protest organizers.
BLM likely taking in the radical, whereas the seasoned veterans of civil rights protests rejected him, needs more public disclosure.

Okay, whatever. When are these protests going to go through the majority of black communities of the gang banger? Like Chicago etc.? BLM? they are irrelevant if they ignore the ultimate problem.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

He did security?
Was he ever employed by G4S as Omar Mateen was?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I'm inclined to think that this Reverend is against anyone exercising their right of self protection as opposed to specifically denying Micah Johnson.

If Jesus had wanted to carry a firearm, pretty sure Reverend Johnson would still have said "hell no".

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Another thread says that he and Omar both attended the same (online) Seminary Course. I had to wonder if they both had ties to the ISUPK.

a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I'm inclined to think that this Reverend is against anyone exercising their right of self protection as opposed to specifically denying Micah Johnson.

If Jesus had wanted to carry a firearm, pretty sure Reverend Johnson would still have said "hell no".

Well the point of this story is not spun into whether the reverend likes guns, if that is all you can see then you have your eyes wide shut.

This violent murderer was actively seeking a protest to infiltrate, this information proves that.

He was rejected by peaceful protest organizers organizing to protest a Trump event.

It's reasonable to question if he approached BLM before their organized protest after seeing this story.

It appears to have been dismissed entirely, and the murderer made extra effort to state no BLM involvement during his hate filled rants to the cops in the stand off. Strange nobody is questioning the truthfulness of such statements by a man on a murderous rampage.

BLM should want an investigation to exonerate their organization since their protest facilitated his actions. Instead we get an instant verdict of no accomplices. That is not even possible to know that early after it happened. It is convenient to avoid tarnishing their cause if they were found to be accepting of him while non BLM seasoned veteran civil rights organizers turned him away.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

aaaaannnnnnddddd there is some evidence of this of course? Its not just a claim by somebody who is being leaned on by powerful forces, some who owes a favour to someone else is it?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

aaaaannnnnnddddd there is some evidence of this of course? Its not just a claim by somebody who is being leaned on by powerful forces, some who owes a favour to someone else is it?

The claim here is that he approached this civil rights reverend to be part of a Trump protest and wanted to be armed as security.

The reverend seen right away this guy was not to be trusted and turned him away. What if it is found that BLM, being the JV league of civil rights protesting, fell for his ploy and helped him? Only a real lengthy investigation can dismiss that possibility. The statements we got from the media of no BLM involvement seem premature after reading this story.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Oh yeah and if this story came here before the shooting, members here wouldve cried that he should be allowed his 2nd and to carry a firearm for security while protesting because all zones should be gun zones.

new topics

top topics

join