It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-duty cop in Missouri kills home invader after online Black Lives Matter argument, family says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoonLightStars
This happened a few houses down from my Mom. Her husband went to school with the lady who lives there. It was actually her son-in-law who was the off duty police officer. The Mom, her daughter, and her grandchildren climbed out a window as the intruder was coming in. The intruder went to church with them. This family is involved with counseling and the intruder was off his meds and they had not been getting along during their sessions.

Correct...so let's blame the BLM movement, get some click-through with a hyperbolic, misleading headline in trade for fanning he flames of violence and hate..This is America!!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I guess the question of whether BLM can be held in part responsible for this depends upon a few key questions:

1) Did someone in a leadership position within BLM solicit or order this act of aggression? The answer appears to be no.
2) Does the standard rhetoric of BLM advocate or encourage (implicitly or explicitly) violence against police? I'm not really sure what the answer to this is. Perhaps someone can comment on this.

Yes, by the way, I do blame the Nazis for what happened during the holocaust, as that organization was directly involved.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

You can blame an organization if their message conveys that it's OK to use violence to get your point across. If you can't debate a topic without throwing a tantrum, disrupting others who don't want to be involved, or using violence- then you'll never be heard at all. People have no problem hating Germans because of hitler- and that was how long ago? Do I agree that police should use deadly force as quickly as they have been-no, I dont. However when I'm trying to go to the hospital and can't get there because blm shuts down the road, I stop caring about your cause real damn quick. There is a difference between strong black people and ghetto fabulous. Once you try to instill fear in someone else-you might get a reaction you may not want, possibly a fatal one.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
BLM is a movement, it is not a terrorist organization that sent this nutter out to bash in a cops window.

Im glad the cop did what he did, that was his right and I would have done the same thing, however, BLM is not at fault.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Natural selection in real-time.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I will agree that not all BLM supporters are bad.

However, until the good BLM supporters start speaking out against and turning in the bad BLM supporters they deserve the reputation they are receiving.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

The attacker's opinion that let him to try to do bodily harm to the police officer in his home does have a lot to do with what he did. The police officer and the criminal had an argument, which I am certain was heated, over the recent protests. They had an online argument over BLM. So how is it not relevant to what he did when it was what made him decide to attack this officer which the assailant knew and knew to have a family?...

If the BLM was not calling for the murder of police officers it would be a different story, but they have been calling for the murder of police officers and white people... So it does have everything to do with crimes like these.

I wonder when the Obama administration is going to label as violent and hate groups organizations like BLM and other similar groups that are inciting violence, and murders based on race.

No one should be physically attacked over a disagreement, or because difference of opinion.

edit on 11-7-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: rollanotherone

Do you blame the entire nazi party for the atrocities of WW2, or just the individuals who pulled the triggers and gas switches?

Are you comparing BLM to a national party which actually has to power to commit genocide?

Are you saying the BLM WOULDNT do the exact same thing?
What is the saying? Absolute power and something about corruption?

Here. This is what you're "defending".

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Are you saying the BLM WOULDNT do the exact same thing?
No. I'm saying they don't have the power.

Here. This is what you're "defending".
I'm sorry, I was not defending those people or anyone else in particular. I would however defend anyone's right to free expression. No matter how stupid they are.

edit on 7/11/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I'd say so. Certainly the DA/grand jury would. Though on the face of it, a grand jury wouldn't seem necessary...

Certainly the DA will have a look.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well, seeing as how they've already led protests that have led to violence, I would say they're already on their way.
And yes, free speech expression is fine and all, but when members and sympathizers call for the deaths of certain people, don't you think that's taking it a bit too far?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

don't you think that's taking it a bit too far?

I do indeed. That's why I don't listen to it.

However, do you think that because someone on youtube is ranting about something, it indicts every member of the group? Do you think that the most vocal and obnoxious members represent the group?

Last week I was watching Hannity on Fox. There was a reporter on scene in Louisiana who was interviewing people on the street. What I saw was this; Hannity was telling the reporter to ask very leading questions and the reporter did ask those questions (It was obvious that he was uncomfortable doing so). You know what the responses were? Pretty much the opposite of what those leading questions were aiming for. The responses were articulate and thoughtful. It pissed Hannity off that they just wouldn't say what he expected them to say. He thought he was so clever, but he kept trying.

edit on 7/12/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I saw that, too.

Disgusting bit of flim-flammery that is Hannity's thing. He may not be a bigot, but he's not far off the mark. Nor is he the only one.

I've watched many of those you tube videos, and they provide all the proof needed that he's not alone.

Idiots to the right, idiots to the left...and none of 'em have an original thought in their heads. It's why I try not to listen to any of it, and make up my own mind, and walk my own path. ...and try to convince others to do the same. Not always successfully, seldom so, in fact.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
I will agree that not all BLM supporters are bad.

However, until the good BLM supporters start speaking out against and turning in the bad BLM supporters they deserve the reputation they are receiving.

This ^ this^ and this ^

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
ameica is so messed up. feel sorry for the decent people of america.
such racial tension

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

but....it wasn't

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Not attacking or anything, just commenting..

Thank God WWII wasn't white on black. Can you imagine the #storm between those races today, considering all the other stuff the two deal with to this day. But it wasn't white on black, it was white on white, er, German on Jew, aaaah, aryan on non-aryan.. um. ja. this excrements gotta quit. sewers are backing up. poo's flooding the streets. knee deep. and I'm tired of the smell, quite frankly.

What do you call a person who, although understanding of the stems of hate in society, and hates the word hate, HATES racism so much. Because that last irrational sentence sums up my stance, though confusing even me, it does.

PS I try not to blame anyone... I blame us all. While it is important to shout from the rooftops about things that are necessarily important to us, there is /almost/ no use in us bandying about rambling and protesting constantly even almost in war with each other and our shared property. It just takes a change in you/me. A positive one, not skewed by personal prejudices.
We can be the person we want to be, have the ideals we want to, because we are free to do so. However, I think it goes without saying that you don't need to be a douche about it. Nobody need be treated lower, especially if they personally have done no wrong to you.
**silently creeps off of his soapbox and back into the wild**
edit on 2016/7/12 by Jimjolnir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Jimjolnir

Ideally yea. That would be great. Truthfully, it'll never happen. I wish life were a Dr. Suess story with a moral teaching and a happy ending, but that's not reality. And I don't think there is an answer to solve it either. Sad. I know.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Yea, let's not get on the Fox and Friends thing. Rupert's poster children for intelligence.
And the other side of the coin is just as bad.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Neither can be considered an accurate reflection of reality with their attempts at spin. Nor can youtube.

However, in the case of what I'm talking about, the reality sometimes appears. The many cannot be judged by the actions or noises of the few.

edit on 7/13/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join