It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-duty cop in Missouri kills home invader after online Black Lives Matter argument, family says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

An off-duty police officer shot and killed a home invader in suburban St. Louis on Saturday evening, and family say the two had recently had an argument about the growing unrest over police violence.

the suspect was known to the family. At the time of the incident, the police officer was home with his wife, mother-in-law and two children. They ran upstairs to hide when the suspect appeared.

The suspect, identified as 20-year-old Tyler Gebhard, then grabbed a concrete planter and threw it through a window in the rear of the house when he was denied entry to the home. Once inside, the off-duty officer shot him. He was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

Off-duty cop in Missouri kills home invader after online Black Lives Matter argument, family says

this BLM is a disgrace, and inciting way too much violence. this is not how the likes of MLK would engage in race relations.

the media plays a massive role in all this shenanigans. all this x vs x. them vs us . some vs them etc... its ridiculous.

its almost like we're de-evolving

I hope it gets better before it gets worst for the love of christ... now families in their own homes arent safe jut because of facebook bickering.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

this BLM is a disgrace, and inciting way too much violence. this is not how the likes of MLK would engage in race relations.

the media plays a massive role in all this shenanigans. all this x vs x. them vs us . some vs them etc... its ridiculous.

its almost like we're de-evolving

I hope it gets better before it gets worst for the love of christ... now families in their own homes arent safe jut because of facebook bickering.

Just how does two people having an argument and taking it to far become the fault of BLM?

Get a grip.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Tyler Gebhard, then grabbed a concrete planter and threw it through a window in the rear of the house when he was denied entry to the home. Once inside, the off-duty officer shot him.

This is the only important bit in the whole story. I'm not a fan of the way BLM does things, But this has nothing to do with them. Stop.
edit on 10-7-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

Edit: See my below comment for clarity to what i meant.
edit on 10-7-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

+49 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

Tyler Gebhard, then grabbed a concrete planter and threw it through a window in the rear of the house when he was denied entry to the home. Once inside, the off-duty officer shot him.

This is the only important bit in the whole story. I'm not a fan of the way BLM does things, But this has nothing to do with them. Stop.

Sure it does, the BLM supporter was a typical radical who went to another persons home to do bodily harm over his beliefs.

+30 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
this stems from
a disagreement on views on blm and police shooting what are you talking about.
a correlation cannot be more direct.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

Police told KMOV the man had emotional issues and had issued threats to the family online before the shooting.
An uncle of Gebhard's, Patrick Brogan, of Waterloo, Illinois, told The St. Louis Post-Dispatch Gebhard and the officer had been arguing on Facebook. He said Gebhard, who was biracial, empathized with the objectives of the Black Lives Matter group.

So they are arguing over BLM and their goals, which he agrees with, then the guy threatens the family online and to top it off, goes to their house. After being refused entry, he throws a planter through a window and comes in to the house to...what? Tea and cookies?
Or make good on his threats?

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Good Job Officer!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

this stems from

You're trippin.

If you have an argument with a Donald Trump supporter online, and that person comes to your house and tried to break it, and you shoot him, are you going to blame Donald Trump?

This is a lone nut. There is no correlation.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

If you have an argument with a Donald Trump supporter online, and that person comes to your house and tried to break it, and you shoot him, are you going to blame Donald Trump?
No. Not unless he gets elected. Because everything is always the President's fault. Including my hangnail.

edit on 7/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Moral of the story..... Wait till the person steps into your house to fire. That way it's a clean shoot.

edit on 10-7-2016 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

I find it interesting that both sides of the political debate frame things as "just a crazy person, nothing to do with the bigger issue" when it fits their narrative and the opposite when it's something they oppose. If the person wasn't aggitated by "issue A" in the first place, they wouldn't have got violent in the first place. Call it like it is, both sides please.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I seem to be getting some hate, But all im trying to say is, You can't blame an entire organization based on one lone persons actions. For example,

Let's say im in a game guild/clan, and as a member i get into an argument with a rival guild/clan member, I escalate it and shoot the guy. Is my guild at fault? No.. I am, as a person.

Same goes for the BLM group and police groups. I'm not saying BLM is an angel though (there a terrorist group as far as im concerned).

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

this stems from

You're trippin.

what he said

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

If the person wasn't aggitated by "issue A" in the first place, they wouldn't have got violent in the first place. Call it like it is, both sides please.

Ok, If a person gets violent over a verbal disagreement they are unstable in the first place.

Police told KMOV the man had emotional issues and had issued threats to the family online before the shooting.

edit on 7/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Understood. It's the issue that pushed them over their already unstable edge.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

An issue which could be, "your dog crapped in my yard."

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
honestly, I don't know what the purp was hoping to achieve . what if the father wasn't there and it was just the wife and kid...this isn't how arguments are debated or resolution to disagreement in race relations.

i don't have a Facebook, but I wonder if previous threats/argument can be pulled up from Facebook? is the re a history function? or something along the lines.

I don't know if police dept took down the back and forth as evidence or what not.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Waiting for someone to come along and call this cop a murderer.

Waiting for someone to say this guy shouldn't have been shot for arguing with a cop on Facebook.

Waiting for yet another baseless protest.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Being crazy doesn't condone violent behavior. Mental health issues left alone by friends and family seems to be a common denominator among many of these instances. "Well we knew he wasn't right...."
edit on 10-7-2016 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Being crazy doesn't condone violent behavior.
Correct.
Similarly, because there was an argument about BLM preceding the illegal entry into the home, it does not mean that BLM is "responsible."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join