It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25th Anniversary - Largest Mass UFO Sighting Ever Recorded - Mexico City, July 11, 1991 -Revisited-

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: klassless

Same as color-inverted but "Heat map", ditto Picasa

Tell me, why did you place heat map in quotation marks?
Would that be because it has nothing to do with heat? What exactly do you think that color inversion shows?
edit on 7/11/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Same as color-inverted but "Heat map", ditto Picasa

Tell me, why did you place heat map in quotation marks?
Would that be because it has nothing to do with heat? What exactly do you think that color inversion shows?

The quote marks because that's what Picasa calls the effect and I was quoting Picasa's term.

It may not have anything to do with actual heat, it's a Picasa term. But it does highlight the "craft" and what could be heat much like a contrail before it shows as white, the heat emanating from the engine and how it affects the air.

I can't accept the Venus explanation for the daylight videos. A scalloped-edge Venus?

You got a daylight photo of Venus to post?

edit on 07/03/2016 by klassless because: To complete thought.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

It may not have anything to do with actual heat
It doesn't.

I can't accept the Venus explanation for the daylight videos.
Tell me, have you ever observed a total eclipse of the Sun?
I have, and daylight is not a description I would use.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I can't accept the Venus explanation for the daylight videos.

Tell me, have you ever observed a total eclipse of the Sun?
I have. And daylight is not a description I would use.

I can't remember if I have or not. But at 1pm-plus the sun was still waiting in the wings. The sky's blue color and the white fluffy clouds don't impress you? Are you answering like Oberg with his favorite claims about darkness, shadow, etc. Does it look like anyone is videotaping an eclipse or is that going to happen later?'

How would you describe daylight? What would convince you it is or it is not daylight? Have you ever seen a bright blue sky at night with white fluffy clouds?

Where in the universe is your Planet 10?

edit on 07/03/2016 by klassless because: To correct format.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I can't remember if I have or not.

Then that would be a no.
Because it is not something you forget.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Thought the mass sightings were debunked as balloons..

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I can't remember if I have or not.

Then that would be a no.
Because it is not something you forget.

You know, Phage, you have some nerve making yourself an authority on my mind. I've been around the block more times than you have. Eventually you tend to forge some things no matter how mind-blowing they may have been when you experienced them. What if I answered yes instead of being honest if I had seen a quality video of a total eclipse. I could then lie to you 'cause I would provide convincing detail which you could not refute. Perhaps going that route will figure in my future replies.

edit on 07/03/2016 by klassless because: To correct grammar.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I've been around the block more times than you have.
No you haven't.

What if I answered yes instead of being honest if I had seen a quality video of a total eclipse.
I would have then inquired further.

I could then lie to you 'cause I would provide convincing detail which you could not refute.
Not if it involved the visibility of planets during a total eclipse. Not if it involved your lack of experience in that regard.

Perhaps going that route will be figure in my future replies.
That would be awesome. Lie all you wish (I'll keep that in mind) if you feel it necessary but be aware that it is frowned upon here.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I've been around the block more times than you have.

No you haven't.

Post your age and if you are older than me I'll acquiesce. If I'm older than you put on your running shoes!

What if I answered yes instead of being honest if I had seen a quality video of a total eclipse.

I would have then inquired further.

I don't need to qualify myself if like a hill of beans it doesn't matter in the long run.

I could then lie to you 'cause I would provide convincing detail which you could not refute.

Not if it involved the visibility of planets during a total eclipse.

I have not said the opposite. Of course stars and some planets would be visible, it' gets damn dark!

Perhaps going that route will be figure in my future replies.

That would be awesome.

But I would regret lying just to impress you. Not worth it.

edit on 07/03/2016 by klassless because: To correct format.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Post your age and if you are older than me I'll acquiesce. If I'm older than you put on your running shoes!
It's against the T&Cs to solicit personal information from members but it should be pointed out that laps around the block is not necessarily related to age.

But I would regret lying just to impress you. Not worth it.
Lies don't impress me.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

The replies thus far in this thread are certainly not what I was expecting! I think the most important piece in "figuring out" UFOs is in identifying as many as possible where we can determine (or at least consider) the less fantastical explanation. By ruling out what is not, we can better know which we cannot explain.

As for the claims of daylight videos where it could not have been Venus, the argument would be better made by giving us at least one example showing the time, the full daylight (not immediately pre/post eclipse) and the object in question presenting similarly in full daylight. The screenshots given don't address this at all. If you have a bona fide debunk to the debunk, I'd say it's worth the effort to share it with us.

I want "real" mass sightings, but I don't want to fall for an event believed by many simply because of a lack of knowledge and understanding. At this point, I think Bonez nailed it - please, if you have evidence to present that he's not on target, please share!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: klassless
Never mind that the sighting started just about 1pm in bright daylight witih a blue sky full of small-size and large-size clouds.

You can clearly see in all the videos that the sky is different shades of blue. Some dark, some bright. All having to do with the type of camera, and camera settings. The sky remained blue through the entire eclipse. Certain camera settings will brighten the sky much brighter than it actually is.

Show me a photo or a video of Venus under those circumstances.

Venus is the third brightest object in our sky next to the Sun and Moon (said that already in the OP). Venus can be seen in broad daylight with the unaided naked eye. You just have to know where to look for it. No eclipse or darkening of the sky is needed.

Moon and Venus:

There are hundreds of images on Google to see more if you like.

the UFO could be seen to spin and as it moved it left a trail of what some called "smoke" with a better explanation being ionization.

The object never moved, and no witnesses reported that it moved. It only appeared to move because the camera was moving.

There was no spinning. There was no "smoke". It's all appearance due to the poor camera CCD's of the time. Here's an image from the OP. I added some arrows where you can see your fake smoke:

Wow LOOK! The time stamp is even smoking!
Poor, slow camera CCD's cause that. Most especially in low-light situations.

To add insult to injury, almost all of these videos were recorded on VHS or some other kind of magnetic tape. Which is horrible when it comes to video artifacts, color loss, etc.

Still think it's Venus? I hope not. We don't need no stinkin' planet!

Still don't think it's Venus? I hope so. We don't need no stinkin' planets being misidentified again.

edit on 11-7-2016 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

It's against the T&Cs to solicit personal information from members but it should be pointed out that laps around the block is not necessarily related to age.

I don't know in what country you're located but in America it is a famous phrase and defined as (especially the second one):
"have been around the block
1. to have had a lot of experience of a particular situation His lawyer has been around the block a few times and knows what to expect.
2. to have had a lot of experience of life, especially difficult or unpleasant experience His girlfriend looks like she's been around the block a bit."

Live and learn, I say.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yes, it's about experience. That's why I said age does not necessarily have much to do with it. Your assumption that you are older than I is irrelevant. As is your "heat map" and your claims about what is visible or not during an eclipse. As you say, experience matters. As you have never experienced an eclipse, you have no experience to relate to. Similarly, as you have never been on orbit, your opinions about what occurs there are not really valid yet you reject the observations of those who have.

edit on 7/12/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

damn ufo's

top topics

<< 1   >>

join