It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons Today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Here is an interesting exerpt from the unjust media. Me being a brand new Mason, wonder about our true purpose. Maybe some enlightened Mason can shed some light on the subject. I suppose the Templars could have been completely different than Masons today for completely different reasons. For instance, the battles they fought may have been won, but once won, the warrior faces a new battle, that of maintaining.

Are there battles yet to be won?

Do the Masons intend to replace all popular religions of the day with paganistic religion?

theunjustmedia.com...

Previous chapters have examined the Templars' secret history and how they became Masons in turn. Not that the Masons are identical copies of the Templars, but their intentions are the same-to replace monotheistic religions like Christianity and Islam with pagan belief systems and a materialistic worldview, aggressively targeting all religious organizations.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Right after we take over the world... that's when we plan on converting everyone to our religion (I'm being sarcastic, for those here who may have believed me).

???TgSoe...
I've followed your posts here sense Oct, and upon look'n through them can almost find when you were initated. I am aware that you are a new mason, but am wondering why you joined if you can even think that you are/were going to be persuaded in any manor? You of all people should know in whom you put your trust. And my Diety may be diffrent then yours, maybe not, but does that mean that one of us should bend to the other. That doesn't sound brotherly to me, and I can't imagine one mason expecting anyone to not have a backbone of their beliefs.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
Previous chapters have examined the Templars' secret history and how they became Masons in turn. Not that the Masons are identical copies of the Templars, but their intentions are the same-to replace monotheistic religions like Christianity and Islam with pagan belief systems and a materialistic worldview, aggressively targeting all religious organizations.

That was most certainly not the intention of the Knights Templar. The Templars were orthodox Roman Catholic monks, dedicated to protecting Christianity, not "pagans" or "materialists".

Masonry doesn't give a hoot about what a person's religious beliefs are. As for its own members, it only cares about a belief in God, but this requirement is philosophical, not religious. For the upteenth time, it is absolutely unmasonic for the Fraternity to meddle with religion in any way. Masonry simply doesn't care.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

That was most certainly not the intention of the Knights Templar. The Templars were orthodox Roman Catholic monks, dedicated to protecting Christianity, not "pagans" or "materialists".

ML, is absolutely right. In fact I'd go so far as to expand on his definition and say that the KT were ultra orthodox Catholics. Documented history shows that they observed a way of life that could only mean that they were followers of Catholicism.
The fallacy that the Knights Templar were gnostic, satanic, pagan or anything other than a Catholic Order, is the remnant of centuries' old propaganda. Propaganda that was used by a greedy king to lay his hands on the Order's wealth.

The Templars were completely different to the Masons because the two groups have hardly anything in common other than the belief in a Supreme Being. If you study the real history of the KT, you will see that their whole way of life revolved around the Catholic faith but that Freemasonry does exactly the opposite - it allows the individual to be a member of any faith.
Also there is absolutly no evidence whatsoever that proves Freemasonry to be a descendant of the Knights Templar.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Even though there is a touch of speculation, I'd recomend reading "Born in Blood" for more info on the Templars. While despite some disbelief by others, I do believe in the Masonic-Templar connection. But I agree that the Templars were a Roman Catholic Order. NOT Pagan, etc...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO_Cowboy

You of all people should know in whom you put your trust. And my Diety may be diffrent then yours, maybe not, but does that mean that one of us should bend to the other. That doesn't sound brotherly to me, and I can't imagine one mason expecting anyone to not have a backbone of their beliefs.

The Catholics used to say give me 100 children 0 to 6 years of age for Catholic indoctrination and 90% of them will die staunch believing Catholics. We tend to believe what we are taught as youth, the rest of our lives. Some people worry themselves nearly to death trying to make sure thier lives line up with a certain religious doctrine they have been taught. Maybe some things should be changed.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

For the upteenth time, it is absolutely unmasonic for the Fraternity to meddle with religion in any way. Masonry simply doesn't care.

Okay ML, if you say so but a lot of people have wasted a lot of paper on the subject for some reason.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cotwom
Even though there is a touch of speculation, I'd recomend reading "Born in Blood" for more info on the Templars. While despite some disbelief by others, I do believe in the Masonic-Templar connection. But I agree that the Templars were a Roman Catholic Order. NOT Pagan, etc...

Well there certainly are a lot of writings that suggest there was some type of connection. I plan to read that book next Cotwom, my 3rd degree Masonic buddy has just finished it and absolutely loved it.

As strict as times were in thier day I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they were a bit anti-religious secretly that is.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Okay ML, if you say so but a lot of people have wasted a lot of paper on the subject for some reason.

Maybe, but are any of these people actually Masons? Masons only agree on just a few things. but we all agree that politics and religion are taboo in the Lodge. A Masonic Lodge is just simply not the place for it. All important Masonic writers, from Pike to Mackey to Coil to Voorhis to Gould concur on this single point.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I just recently found that my great-grandfather, my grandfather were masons. And my grandmother and my mom were in the Eastern Star. Of course I'm a girl and I know I can't be a mason. But is the Eastern Star anything like masonary? Should I join?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Alias, I assume you have been to their website?
www.easternstar.org...

I don't know if anyone can tell you whether you should join. What are your thoughts on the matter?

I am also a woman, but do not plan to join Eastern Star or Co-Masonry. I do, however, consider many of the Masons here my friends.
If no one here replies to your question, feel free to u2u me, maybe I can be of some help.

Also, co-masonry allows women:
www.co-masonry.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

The Catholics used to say give me 100 children 0 to 6 years of age for Catholic indoctrination and 90% of them will die staunch believing Catholics. We tend to believe what we are taught as youth, the rest of our lives.

This is not necessarily true. In my generation, many, many children that were indoctrinated in the Catholic Church at an early age lost their faith.
How could that happen you ask? Well, during our childhoods, Vatican II came along and caught us at a vulnerable age. A lot of what we were taught was suddenly changed.
I think those abrupt changes made us question what we were taught. I know I did.
Sorry for the hi-jack.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Going back to the first post : and the first comments on the templars from the link provided:

The Order of the Knights Templars has its roots in the crusades. To some extent, we had explored it in our previous works, The New Masonic Order (1995) and Global Freemasonry (2002). This order was originally founded to fight for Christianity, but over time-as the Templars acquired immense power, adopted heretical teachings, and established a capitalist system based on material gain, their order fell afoul of the Church.

Rumors circulating about the Templars led to years of investigations, revealing that the order was blasphemous and that it performed black magic rituals, similar to today's satanic sects. The order was subsequently declared unlawful. The Knights' liquidation and arrest arose from a joint decision by the French King and the Pope. Some historians regard the Templars' trial and subsequent liquidation as one of the most significant social events of the Middle Ages.

This is totally opposite to the true historical facts and follows the infamous taxill Hoax.

Templars: www.templarhistory.com...

Taxill Hoax : www.masonicinfo.com...

The question is then asked

Do the Masons intend to replace all popular religions of the day with paganistic religion?

When the question is based upon a false premis the only answer that can be given is NO.

There is no direct link in history between Freemasonry and the Templars. The Templars were a Catholic order , Catholics are not encouraged to join Masonry by Catholic decree.

The other points have already been covered.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

The Catholics used to say give me 100 children 0 to 6 years of age for Catholic indoctrination and 90% of them will die staunch believing Catholics.

This is not necessarily true. In my generation, many, many children that were indoctrinated in the Catholic Church at an early age lost their faith.
Sorry for the hi-jack.

Well it might not be completely accurate , okay they're part of that 10% that slipped through the cracks, LOL. Its probably still safe to say though that most people will die of the faith they are instructed in as children don't you think. I think you can apply that to all religion not just Catholic.

I mean the Satanist child may grow up, rebel and become a Christian for a number of years but before he or she dies, will repent and return to Satanism. I think its built into us like the Salmon who swim the long journey up river to mate and have offspring.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by billmcelligott
Going back to the first post : and the first comments on the templars from the link provided:

This is totally opposite to the true historical facts and follows the infamous taxill Hoax.

Templars: www.templarhistory.com...

Taxill Hoax : www.masonicinfo.com...

The question is then asked

When the question is based upon a false premis the only answer that can be given is NO.

There is no direct link in history between Freemasonry and the Templars. The Templars were a Catholic order , Catholics are not encouraged to join Masonry by Catholic decree.

The other points have already been covered.

Well I didn't intend to offend any Masons out there just seeking truth. Most of the Masons I have met thus far are probably better Christians than I am.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Certainly not a question of being offended, simply clearing up the facts.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by billmcelligott
Certainly not a question of being offended, simply clearing up the facts.

CW Ledbeater said, " that the Templar was entitled to three horses, a squire and two tents. He also said that a templar was of high bloodline. Married men were recieved as well but only on condition of bequeathing one half of thier property to the order. No women were admitted".

They were aparently pledged to observe the three Evangelical counsels poverty, chasity and obedience.

Freemasonry and it Ancient Mystic Rites- CW Leadbeater

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

The Catholics used to say give me 100 children 0 to 6 years of age for Catholic indoctrination and 90% of them will die staunch believing Catholics.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Well it might not be completely accurate , okay they're part of that 10% that slipped through the cracks, LOL. Its probably still safe to say though that most people will die of the faith they are instructed in as children don't you think. I think you can apply that to all religion not just Catholic.

I mean the Satanist child may grow up, rebel and become a Christian for a number of years but before he or she dies, will repent and return to Satanism. I think its built into us like the Salmon who swim the long journey up river to mate and have offspring.

TgSoe,

I can't speak for anyone but myself of course. but I wall have to say that, at least for me, what you're saying here is partly true. I was brought up going th the Church of Christ, not the most open minded folks, although good people, generally. I was, am, and always will be Chistian first. But what I am learning as I study more is that ALL the religions of this world (with the exception of the mockery that it called Satanism and the like) are founded on the same universal principles.

Even as a non-Mason (still waiting
) I can answer this question with a resounding "NO" and feel pretty good about it. Now what I do believe is that Masons teach the fact that all those tenets that you find in each of the various religions of the world are UNIVERSAL, and they concentrate on what unites rather than divides. Furthermore the material is presented (according to my friends here, whom I believe) in a philosophic way rather than a religious one. As it has been said countless times, Freemasonry makes no qualms about religion, that's up to the individual Mason.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think I can safely say after meeting a few real Masons that they are far from being anti christian. Everything in the lodge has plenty of scripture involved. I just love to ruffle the feathers of a few Masons a little. Theres no sence in just letting them sit there all calm on the roost .

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I think I can safely say after meeting a few real Masons that they are far from being anti christian. Everything in the lodge has plenty of scripture involved. I just love to ruffle the feathers of a few Masons a little. Theres no sence in just letting them sit there all calm on the roost .

Well my friend, that's fine and good if that's what you want to do, but at times your posts seem to be downright dichotomous.

As a Mason I would think you would be rallying with your new Brothers than "ruffling their feathers". Now asking questions and having a desire to know the answers to your questions is one thing, but posting things just to get a rise doesn't seem very constructive to me.

Whatever floats your boat man, you're still cool with me.

<<   2 >>

join