It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three countries urge caution traveling to U.S. amid protests, violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
With all the turmoil in the U.S. it seems at least 3 countries are warning their citizens to be careful when in the United States.

They are highlighting the protests and the Dallas police shootings as possible danger zones.

2 Middle East countries, Bahrain and United Arab Emirates, and The Bahamas (very close to the U.S.) are concerned.

Many foreign countries have students in the U.S. as well as visitors and many immigrants.

Three countries urge caution traveling to U.S. amid protests, violence

Three countries have warned their citizens to stay on guard when visiting U.S. cities rocked by sometimes violent protests that erupted after a string of police shootings of black Americans.

The United States regularly issues travel warnings urging Americans to either avoid or exercise caution in countries marred by violence or political instability.

Now America is the focus of concern by foreign governments in the Middle East and Caribbean as protesters marched in U.S. cities throughout the weekend after police killed black men in Louisiana and Minnesota.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well, the UK Foreign Office advice is pretty much unchanged and also urges caution...

Violent crime, including gun crime, rarely involves tourists, but you should take care when travelling in unfamiliar areas. Crime associated with the illegal drugs trade is a major issue in Mexican states bordering Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas. Some foreign nationals have been among the victims of crime in the border regions, but there is no evidence to suggest they have been targeted because of their nationality. Research your destination before travelling, be vigilant, and follow the advice of local authorities.

FCO Source

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The countries from the middle east are probably more worried about anti Muslim sentiment than anything else..

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Right because the cops will 'mistake' middle eastern people for 'black'. !!!

The Bahamas does have a legitimate concern.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Right because the cops will 'mistake' middle eastern people for 'black'. !!!

yes you can almost get killed for mistakenly thought to be black.

its probable. and similar has happened. (Indian man)
walking while appearing black

Alabama police officer arrested after Indian grandfather left partially paralyzed

Someone had called police to report a thin black man walking through the neighborhood looking at houses. Police encountered Patel and Parker was recorded throwing the man to the ground after officers made numerous unsuccessful attempts to communicate with him.

Parker has said Patel resisted orders and reached for his pockets

of course he was....

Patel was visiting his son and grandson and had been out for one of his usual morning walks when police stopped him. Patel said through an interpreter that he had been in Alabama for roughly a week before being slammed to the ground and seriously injured.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm surprised thse whole world hasn't put the US on alert.

When we hold our police force to higher standards than our politicians. . .

edit on 10-7-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I live in Canada. Last time I visited your country, my truck overheated at the border. As I was filling up the rad with water, 3 border guards showed up and watched me fill the truck. 2 of them had their hands on their sidearms at all times. Felt very intimidated. Sorry to say I won't be visiting your country to spend my money ever again. Your country is very scary.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
idk its just funny to me considering the fact that everyone tries so hard to get into the US!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
The countries from the middle east are probably more worried about anti Muslim sentiment than anything else..

Just til you wait, it becomes Anti-Chinese. Your going to see economy go to shhs.
edit on 10-7-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join