It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You ATS, I love you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The last few weeks have been devastating.

I want to thank ATS. The owners, the moderators and the members.

Thank you all for allowing us to exchange ideas and opinions without banning us outright if our opinions don't meet a narrative. Thank you mods for being impartial. Thank you members for posting things, even when I disagree.

I appreciate this site so much.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yeah, it's been a tough week.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Rather, it's been a tough life.

I am just glad that Putin pays me with vodka

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It's only as devastating to me as much as I'm involved.

200+ people got murdered by a bomb last week in Baghdad but I must have missed the threads about that.
Nobody I know died last week so luckily the word devastating is inappropriate for me.

I think too many folk get overly emotionally sucked into other people's tragedies so yes you are correct, it is good when mod's take appropriate action to facilitate reasoned debate.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
It's only as devastating to me as much as I'm involved.

200+ people got murdered by a bomb last week in Baghdad but I must have missed the threads about that.
Nobody I know died last week so luckily the word devastating is inappropriate for me.

I think too many folk get overly emotionally sucked into other people's tragedies so yes you are correct, it is good when mod's take appropriate action to facilitate reasoned debate.

A small dose of sympathy and/or empathy never hurts.

You should try some.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I think what the member tried to say was that, where was this empathy last week, for the victims in Bagdad?

We should try some, instead of ignoring them.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I have a small dose of sympathy and empathy for anyone suffering in the world, can't cry for everyone though.
Crying for whatever your 'news' feeds tell you to is not my thing though. I could spend all day crying and feeling brokenhearted if I liked just watching news from any [insert ruined nation].

ATS has become like mainstream western news and bitching or caring about whatever MSM tells you to.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Well, we don't want to

get overly emotionally sucked into other people's tragedies
, now do we??

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Yeah, it's not something I do if I've experienced no personal loss myself and don't know anyone else who has.
As I said, I can't cry for everyone in the world, but go ahead, cry for whatever unknown people your MSM feeds you if you like.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

can't cry for everyone though.

You cant cry for everyone, but you expect everyone else too?!

How thoughtful of you.

Youre assuming a lot with your careless comments.

Regarding Dallas, I have family there, and I live a short drive south.

I dont have any family in Baghdad. Fairly simple. Few or no threads on a Baghdad bombing doesnt equate to not caring. Some events simply hit closer to home.

You could always create a Baghdad thread to champion!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Cry for whoever you like, and don't invent added value to my words.
I neither expect anyone else to cry for anything or make calls for them to do so.

Why exactly are my comments careless?
ATS presents itself to the world as an international site so I'll make my comments from my perspective here in the UK.
A handful of people get killed and the whole 'recent posts' page is all about it. Sorry, but I don't feel sad about it when I read news from outside of the US.

If ATS presented itself as a US centred site then I'd be careful...it does not though, unlucky.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Here's the Baghdad bombing ATS thread you must have missed

Of course, your comment wasnt careless nor an assumption, just an honest mistake I'm sure!

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand it is harsh when there is no relation...
Op, I love the Moderators and ATS too
I've taken years to cry and experience the real world,
Keep returning, here.
In response to Bagdad.
Thanks Domo 1.
Luckily in school there is good teachers, explaining world events,
Without that, I may as well leave.
Great thread🚬

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Cheers for that, as I said myself, I must have missed it as the whole 'Recent Posts' page was filled with US deaths of a few people and everyone caring about that.
Pick a story and decide which you focus on and cry about.
...or get all emotional even if you didn't know anyone who died, or anyone else who did.
Maybe you do, but I'm sure all the emotional folk arguing on ATS don't all know someone.
Just members sucked into US MSM and showing that ATS is really just full of folk who watch it religiously.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Cry for whoever you like, and don't invent added value to my words.
I neither expect anyone else to cry for anything or make calls for them to do so.

Why exactly are my comments careless?
ATS presents itself to the world as an international site so I'll make my comments from my perspective here in the UK.
A handful of people get killed and the whole 'recent posts' page is all about it. Sorry, but I don't feel sad about it when I read news from outside of the US.

If ATS presented itself as a US centred site then I'd be careful...it does not though, unlucky.

Lol I only clicked on this thread beacause I had a bustup with the OP the other day and we resolved it and here are you kicking up dust and shaking feathers lol.

Hows things mate? been a while but I see you are still saying it as it is and then having to explain why

Peace.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I live 5 hours from Dallas, and have loads of family there. I haven't cried, either. Or paid a whole lot of attention. Does that mean I am terrible? Or if I accept a bit of brow beating, does that forgive me?

At the OP...I love ATS, too.
For the same reasons as you.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

A small dose of sympathy and/or empathy never hurts. You should try some.

I think he covered that when he mentioned 200+ people that got murdered by a bomb last week in Baghdad...
But hey, that's just how it is over there right? Come on, look at how the media focuses on certain things always, and be watchful of getting played my them, and their agenda...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

The good stuff, or the foil topped? which is actually pretty good, if you've already got a good start. 'course, I don't know if they have that anymore...we used to trade for booze when I worked up in Alaska. Amazing what you can get for a few pounds of fresh fish...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

The last few weeks have been devastating.

What happened and what does it have to do with ATS?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SemperFried

World events happened?

...and events effect people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join