It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, Which one is correct then?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: Akragon

a reply to: In4ormant

This is true, but HE did not mean ONE and the same... or even equal to the Father....

When two people are married they also become ONE... does that make them the same person?

And as far as him saying when you've seen me you've seen the Father... Is he not considered an image of God, just as a son is an image of his Father?

When one looks in the mirror... is that image equal to the person you see?

How do you know what he meant?

The people around him thought he believed himself God because they stoned him for it.

All one has to do is read the gospels to see what he was clearly saying...

The JEWS wanted to stone him because he made himself like God according to their ideas, which were and always have been wrong... Even today a jew will not even type GOD... because its an association with God.

He said he was the son of God... that is making the association without even calling himself God...

Read John 10

He makes it very clear that he said HE is the SON of GOD... Not God in the flesh

Aramaic:
Yeshua said to them: “Timeless truth I speak to you: Before Abraham would exist, I AM THE LIVING GOD.

English:
Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

Seeing God here. "I Am"

This is not equal to saying " I'm God" it is the most abused passage in the NT.

Person to Jesus: "You are good!"

"Only God is good!" is his angry reply, clearly saying he is not God because he is not good(enough?).

He would not say that if he was God.

ETA:

I am is not the name revealed to Moses which was "Eheyeh Asher Eheyeh" or "I will be what I will be"

Basically telling Moses to tell the Israelites that they should mind their business.

Same thing Jesus was doing to that crowd. Cryptically confusing them.
edit on 10-7-2016 by DaathSader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Aramaic:
Yeshua said to them: “Timeless truth I speak to you: Before Abraham would exist, I AM THE LIVING GOD.

Now why would you add "The living God"

Thats just dishonest...

English:

Seeing God here. "I Am"

I AM only means he pre-existed Abraham... nothing more

I didn't add it, I took that entire quote from an aramaic translation.

Again it is interpretation.

Just as it is with this
And he said unto them, You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaathSader

This is true, but HE did not mean ONE and the same... or even equal to the Father....

When two people are married they also become ONE... does that make them the same person?

And as far as him saying when you've seen me you've seen the Father... Is he not considered an image of God, just as a son is an image of his Father?

The people around him thought he believed himself God because they stoned him for it.

The JEWS wanted to stone him because he made himself like God according to their ideas, which were and always have been wrong... Even today a jew will not even type GOD... because its an association with God.

He said he was the son of God... that is making the association without even calling himself God...

Read John 10

He makes it very clear that he said HE is the SON of GOD... Not God in the flesh

Aramaic:

English:

Seeing God here. "I Am"

"Only God is good!" is his angry reply, clearly saying he is not God because he is not good(enough?).

Not wholly good because he took on flesh.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

No you found said translation on a Christian website... who were being dishonest...

Or you added it to the text yourself...

From the Aramaic bible...

57. The Jews said to him, “But you are not even fifty years [old] and [yet] you have seen Abraham?!” 58. Eashoa told them, “Amen, amen, I am telling you, if Abraham had never been born, I am [the One] who Comes [the Omnipresent Allaha]!”

And even this has been twisted to their own agenda... the words in brackets were added to make it grammatically correct

edit on 10-7-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

a reply to: forthelove

First if you are going to study the Bible you need to know who was originally written too and why. the eye for an eye teaching was for Israel in the land. which pretty much ended in 70AD.

the turn the other cheek is for Israel, the Jews in preparation of them coming into the kingdom. This does not apply to Christians today because under the church teaching we are told, as much as it layeth with us we are to live peaceably with all men.

So that would mean if need be we can defend ourselves if under attack because obviously we cannot live peaceably with someone who is attacking us.

to explain the turn the other cheek and how it works in the kingdom it goes like this. Jesus Christ will be sitting on the throne, being God he sees all that is going on in his kingdom. If someone slaps you are to turn to him the other and if he is doing it unjustly, before he can strike the other cheek Christ will judge him immediately. Judgment comes swiftly in the kingdom.

Learning to rightly divide the word of truth is a commandment to the Church today.

One other things is an unsaved person trying to study the Bile is futile because the Holy Ghost is the instructor

The one that is correct for today is neither one. One was for Israel in the land (ended 70AD) and the other is for the Jews in the kingdom (not yet to be manifested).

Paul's teaching is for today

Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

edit on 10-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Read John 10

Aramaic:

English:

Seeing God here. "I Am"

So your argument is he was, then wasn't, but is again God?

I don't think so.

Wholly good argument it was (mine) and you come with that?

He was in the flesh when he spoke the words you claim make him God.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

No you found said translation on a Christian website... who were being dishonest...

57. The Jews said to him, “But you are not even fifty years [old] and [yet] you have seen Abraham?!” 58. Eashoa told them, “Amen, amen, I am telling you, if Abraham had never been born, I am [the One] who Comes [the Omnipresent Allaha]!”

And even this has been twisted to their own agenda... the words in brackets were added to make it grammatically correct

I have no reason to lie so please stop insinuating I did. Here is the link.

biblehub.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Read John 10

Aramaic:

English:

Seeing God here. "I Am"

So your argument is he was, then wasn't, but is again God?

I don't think so.

Wholly good argument it was (mine) and you come with that?

God took on flesh. So he made himself like man. Obviously man is lesser than God. Your taking the actions of God and then saying "look! he's a man so he can't be God"

God can do whatever he likes.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Read John 10

Aramaic:

English:

Seeing God here. "I Am"

If he was in the flesh he is not God, is that your argument?

Because that means he wasn't God when he was on earth, when he said "before...I am"

That makes your previous argument invalid.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

And he talked to God in heaven while on earth. So God did not come in the flesh at all.

"And God can do whatever he wants" doesn't make your argument true it is a blanket statement covering the unbelievable trying to say "it's possible" and is not convincing.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

biblehub.com...

Look im not saying its your fault... but it is almost routine that people will accept things to conform to their confirmation Bias...

Notice NO other translation has "the living God"... Not one...

Because it wasn't said... the sentence stops at I AM...

Look at the rest of that book... It uses that same phrase all through out the book...

And Yeshua spoke again with them and he said: "I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Light of the world.

18"I AM THE LIVING GOD, I who testify about myself, and my Father who has sent me has testified about Me."

"When you have lifted up The Son of Man, then you shall know that I AM THE LIVING GOD, and I do nothing for my own pleasure, but just as my Father has taught me, so I am speaking.

Simply a horrible (Christian) translation full of lies... Things Jesus did not ever say...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Read John 10

Aramaic:

English:

Seeing God here. "I Am"

If he was in the flesh he is not God, is that your argument?

Because that means he wasn't God when he was on earth, when he said "before...I am"

That makes your previous argument invalid.

I never said he wasn't God while in the flesh. He was merely stating that his presence, in the flesh, was not good like God. He didn't want men to believe that the flesh could be as God was.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DaathSader

Oh you are saying that he was saying that he is not "wholly good."

I didn't get it at first because it is nonsense and adding words to the Bible that DON'T EXIST.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

biblehub.com...

Look im not saying its your fault... but it is almost routine that people will accept things to conform to their confirmation Bias...

Notice NO other translation has "the living God"... Not one...

Because it wasn't said... the sentence stops at I AM...

Look at the rest of that book... It uses that same phrase all through out the book...

And Yeshua spoke again with them and he said: "I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Light of the world.

18"I AM THE LIVING GOD, I who testify about myself, and my Father who has sent me has testified about Me."

"When you have lifted up The Son of Man, then you shall know that I AM THE LIVING GOD, and I do nothing for my own pleasure, but just as my Father has taught me, so I am speaking.

Simply a horrible (Christian) translation full of lies... Things Jesus did not ever say...

I dont accept it to confirm myself. The relationship I have with God far exceeds anything I have ever read or studied in the Bible.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I didn't get it at first because it is nonsense and adding words to the Bible that DON'T EXIST.

I haven't added anything

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

What you are doing is assuming that which is not even a reasonable assumption.

" Only God (not Jesus, Jesus is not God) is good."

Means exactly that and no more. Honestly that is not even plausible what you are trying to say.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

And he talked to God in heaven while on earth. So God did not come in the flesh at all.

"And God can do whatever he wants" doesn't make your argument true it is a blanket statement covering the unbelievable trying to say "it's possible" and is not convincing.

I imagine that your trying to use absolutes. God is in heaven so he can't be on earth and in the flesh at the same time.

I would imagine that omnipotence could solve that conundrum.
edit on 10-7-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I haven't added anything

Yes, "wholly good" are your words.

"Only God is good."

Is what was really said and meant.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The relationship I have with God far exceeds anything I have ever read or studied in the Bible.

See that i can agree with...

Just saying, Jesus didn't ever claim to be God.

Its a fact... no matter how much anyone wants to read into what he said... and THAT is a disgusting translation of the bible in a language no one speaks... And the Aramaic that exists today is nothing like what Jesus spoke

but you are free to believe whatever you wish

He was merely stating that his presence, in the flesh, was not good like God. He didn't want men to believe that the flesh could be as God was.

Thats a very Gnostic statement brother

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I haven't added anything

Yes, "wholly good" are your words.

"Only God is good."

Is what was really said and meant.

I was saying Jesus meant he wasn't wholly good. As in completely good like the Father because he was in the flesh. It was my interpretation, not adding words to the Bible. Are you the only one who gets to interpret here?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join