It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, Which one is correct then?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: In4ormant

The behaviour of others shouldn't influence you.

What are your beliefs now?

That was only one of the many reasons...

My beliefs now... I Know God exists...

Its not a belief anymore, nor has it been for a long time...

I do believe the gospels are the words given by God to his son... but they've been tampered with, and they're not what Christianity tells its people

I do believe the OT entity is not God, but either an entity posing as the true God... or a fabrication of Man... Might be an alien... thats a tough one

Hell doesn't exist... and we all go to "the Afterlife" but we have no idea what that entails... perhaps a return trip here... but "the second death" is not real... the spirit is immortal, and a part of God

thats a pretty good summery

I know God exists too.

What led to yous beliefs about the OT? You seem to have done a good bit of research.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: forthelove

Somewhere else it says, the one that strikes the second blow starts the fight.

Right, tell that to the judge.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Originally posted by Akragon
actually the whole virgin birth thing is a deliberate mistranslation... one used to suit "prophecy"

Oh right, you mean it should be translated as “young woman”, instead of virgin…?

Originally posted by Akragon
And i don't believe for a second that Thomas called him God without Jesus literally slapping him... lol

lol

In a wider context though many are calling Jesus God today; so in a way, that part of the prophecy has come true…

I’m not saying Jesus is God of course…

- JC

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

What led to yous beliefs about the OT? You seem to have done a good bit of research.

The two God's are incompatible

Gnostic writing only reinforces this idea, but it wasn't the reason i figured this out...

There always seemed to be a problem with the OT God when i read the books... something never seemed right

then Jesus pretty much makes it clear, though it seems like he's pointing to this entity... i don't believe that to be the case at all... This was a God no one knew of... They've never seen nor heard of this God

A God of Love which there is no equal

There are hints of the true God within the OT... but thats about it in my humble opinion

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Gnostic writing only reinforces this idea, but it wasn't the reason i figured this out...

There always seemed to be a problem with the OT God when i read the books... something never seemed right

then Jesus pretty much makes it clear, though it seems like he's pointing to this entity... i don't believe that to be the case at all... This was a God no one knew of... They've never seen nor heard of this God

There are hints of the true God within the OT... but thats about it in my humble opinion

They do seems like polar opposites. How do you reconcile God? I read some of your earlier posts just now. I guess I'm a little confused on where you stand. You say you know God exists but some of your posts give the impression that's not your belief.

Why do you say God exists?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

They do seems like polar opposites. How do you reconcile God? I read some of your earlier posts just now. I guess I'm a little confused on where you stand. You say you know God exists but some of your posts give the impression that's not your belief.

HE works in our lives every day...

You see a disconnect because i don't believe in the Christian God... at least that would be my assumption

Though i've had many.... lets call them "encounters" with God in my life

God is not a person... He is Spirit, and Life

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

HE works in our lives every day...

You see a disconnect because i don't believe in the Christian God... at least that would be my assumption

Though i've had many.... lets call them "encounters" with God in my life

God is not a person... He is Spirit, and Life

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaathSader

It doesn't say the Messiah is God that has never been a Jewish belief.

You WANT something to be true and instead of just saying ok, it doesn't say Jesus is God but I still believe it you are doing the dance.

I would respect honesty more than inventing meaning that isn't there.

I'm not Jewish.
Thought you had figured that out by now.

You apparently don't know the roots of Christianity are Judaism and that it is a perversion of the Jewish belief in a Messiah.

If you are not Jewish then why do you worship the Jewish God?

I never said you were Jewish my point is that whoever created the New Testament had no idea what the Jewish Messiah was and made up a pagan version of a dead Jewish Messiah ressurecting from the dead.

Why would a Jewish Messiah start a pagan religion? Christianity is a pagan religion it just won't admit it.

edit on 10-7-2016 by DaathSader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

It doesn't say the Messiah is God that has never been a Jewish belief.

You WANT something to be true and instead of just saying ok, it doesn't say Jesus is God but I still believe it you are doing the dance.

I would respect honesty more than inventing meaning that isn't there.

I'm not Jewish.
Thought you had figured that out by now.

You apparently don't know the roots of Christianity are Judaism and that it is a perversion of the Jewish belief in a Messiah.

If you are not Jewish then why do you worship the Jewish God?

I never said you were Jewish my point is that whoever created the New Testament had no idea what the Jewish Messiah was and made up a pagan version of a dead Jewish Messiah ressurecting from the dead.

Why would a Jewish Messiah start a pagan religion? Christianity is a pagan religion it just won't admit it.

Your beliefs are your own. May you enjoy them

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I always do but I was asking why, if you're not Jewish, do you worship the Jewish God?

Albeit in a pagan fashion?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Why would it be a mistranslation? How exactly would a young woman giving birth be "a sign"?

Shouldn't the sign from God be unique? Lol

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: forthelove

Somewhere else it says, the one that strikes the second blow starts the fight.

Right, tell that to the judge.

Before or after they hit you twice?

You have a right to defend yourself...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Why would it be a mistranslation? How exactly would a young woman giving birth be "a sign"?

It wasn't unique my friend...

The so called "virgin birth" is a very old concept

I'll get back to you in detail when i get home

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

sigh... the virgin birth

First of all this is something that is outside of "miracles" factually...

Yes Jesus healed and resurrected, removed disease, walked on water... made said unwalkable substance into wine...

Except God isn't human... so how can he procreate with us...

Now one can say, "God can do anything"... but it seems to me that HE doesn't work outside of his own rules for the most part...

Most things do have a logical aspect to them in the "Legends" of Jesus... people have had miraculous healing throughout our history... people have even been raised from the dead... it even happened in the NT after HE was gone...

Though Jesus was exceptional, being the "Son of God"... but how do Christians say he was "fully man, and fully God" when HE could not have been fully man without being born the same way as every "creature" in the history of life as we know it?

The issue is actually quite simple...

Almah... is the word used in the NT... which can be both Masculine or Feminine

Said word holds no sexual status... or show anything that has to do with that idea

biblehub.com...

Usually, IF not mostly the word is translated as a "young person"

Except...

bethulah is Always feminine, and means Virgin...

As the bible says...

The girl was very beautiful, a virgin (בְּתּוּלָה), and no man had had any relations with her”
Genesis 24:16

I took the woman, but when I came near her, I did not find her a virgin (בְּתּוּלָה)”
Deuteronomy 22:14

And they found among the inhabitants of Jabesh 400 young virgins that had known no man.”
Judges 21:12

Why be ambiguous IF the writers actually meant to say She was a virgin?

And im pretty sure Jesus wasn't into signs... just for record

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Now one can say, "God can do anything"... but it seems to me that HE doesn't work outside of his own rules for the most part...

God created the first Adam from dirt. I don't think it would be hard for Him to create Jesus from a woman's egg. In the resurrection He will create entire new bodies, for many people who don't even have bones anymore.

And you're wrong, according to the OT Concordance "Almah" appears 4 places in the OT as "virgin". Genesis 24:43, Song 1:3, Song 6:8, and the passage in Isaiah.

Strong's H5959
edit on 7 11 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Oh lovely you're awake...

God created the first Adam from dirt.

Dirt?

i know it says it in Genesis... but really?

In the resurrection He will create entire new bodies, for many people who don't even have bones anymore.

Wow dude lol...

Straight out of a comic book!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

That's what the Bible says. Same as with Jesus being born of a virgin. I'm pointing out that based on what it already says is capabilities of God, the virgin thing is a piece of cake.

And I added to my post above for you from the Hebrew lexicon.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

And yeah I'm awake, people are leaving the bars and I'm going to work. Lol

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

And yeah I'm awake, people are leaving the bars and I'm going to work. Lol

You suck... LOL

i left the bar a few hours ago...

That's what the Bible says. Same as with Jesus being born of a virgin. I'm pointing out that based on what it already says is capabilities of God, the virgin thing is a piece of cake.

And I added to my post above for you from the Hebrew lexicon.

Except its the wrong Word...

as i've said and demonstrated..

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Apparently...

They will worship the Son of God... as it says

My position is that the Son took on flesh, that He is God. That's why the angels worship Him.

Oh i know... that is the standard Christian position

Regardless of its truth... Keep in mind i was a Christian all my life...

I know your beliefs brother

Explain your conversion, tell me your testimony.

I won't do that in public...

but if you'd like to know... YOU know where to find me

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join