It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump could be considering lifelong Democrat for vice president

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

hah, yeah. How surprising that the Times would take things all out of context for their own purposes.

Mr. Trump’s campaign and his supporters dismiss the talk as the fantasizing of frightened liberals or frustrated establishment figures.

yep, that's it.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Everybody knows about Trump's bipartisan past.

It is funny how almost nobody knows that Elizabeth Warren was a republican for most of her life.

I don't really care what party Trump belongs to. I am voting for the man, not the party.

I have pretty much come to hate the Republican party itself. But this election I have come to hate the Democrats even more for supporting a corrupt, evil criminal.

I have voted for Democrats in the past, and also independents and Republicans.
Even in local and state elections, I look at all candidates of every party - everyone who is running, and pick the person I think is best for the job.

That's what gets me about the Democrats who are hanging onto Hillary in spite of her crimes. Is devotion to a "party" so important that you would sell your soul and throw away morality?

edit on 7/10/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/10/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

well said! "Stealing votes" is what the 'other side' does...

edit on 10-7-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

One point I'd make about the General being a 'life-long' Democrat. That 'can' be defined as an OLD Democrat. Old democrat values....remember those?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

'Fraid not. I know who will be either Secretary of Treasury or VP though under Trump. I'm making a thread at some point.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I do not think it would be a good idea to use the guy who has been advising you on a foreign policy, when your foreign policy ideas are seen by experts as foolish.

However, every candidate floats a member of the other party in VP consideration. Have we forgotten the Clinton Kasich rumors? The problem for Trump is finding somebody willing to take on the Trump stigma.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

If he chooses Dennis Kucinich or Alan Grayson that would sink Hillary's ship.

She would have to move more far left.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There are rumors that Trump plans to announce his VP pick at his rally tonight.
If so, the suspense might be over soon!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
There are rumors that Trump plans to announce his VP pick at his rally tonight.
If so, the suspense might be over soon!

And if they all say "no?"

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Actually it is confirmed for Friday. Can't wait to see.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's gonna be Christie.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
It's gonna be Christie.

The only one with nothing to lose.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

I.... don't know.
Trump is live streaming tonight's rally on his Facebook. He is with Pence.

edit on 7/12/16 by BlueAjah because: fix video

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
This is from someone in Trump Tower(not this minute, but overall). Nothing major, but I trust em.
edit on 12-7-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
At this point Trump could pick Hillary as his running mate, and his cheerleaders would do a 180 and begin to praise her.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The Gen would be a good choice, considering Biden negotiated the SOF in Iraq and look what happened.

And being an old school dem is not a bad thing.

Cristie, no.

Pence, don't know anything about him. I doubt it would be him.

Newet, there might be a better position for him than VP.

Not sure who else is on the short list.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
While I would welcome Trump choose a gov't outsider, in the end it really doesn't matter who is second on the ticket...

This election will completely focus on Trump vs Clinton....

Somehow, probably planned and implemented years ago, the folks in the US have only tuned in to the elections every 4 years...

We as citizens, have a much higher responsibility every year to cast votes, be it a county board of supervisors, to who will represent us in our state legislature... these happen much more frequent than the media promoted celebration/ ratings grab that is the contest for the highest office in the land...

If you have an issue with the state of the nation, I urge everyone to participate in every election.... not just the farce that is the 4 year cycle of electing the President..

You want change? Focus on your local elections... and by all means vote in those...

The National election media circus seems to have shifted focus on our own communities... If you kick back for a moment, you just might see that ignoring the opportunity to change your neighborhood by electing game changers, you are only prolonging the change you seek locally...

We should all have pause that our choice for the highest office of the land, is a rich TV show celebrity vs a life long member of the establishment who could give two shytes for folks of any color who lie beneath her....

I don't know about you, but after my 50+ years on this planet, I am disappointed that in a nation that I have fought and served for, cannot spend the effort to reject what our Republican & Democrat servants have done with their voter given privilege to serve the nation..

They seem to revel in having those on either side, hate... yet do nothing to end the divide...

Younger folks, with limited experience are quick to jump on the side that appeals to them, creating another generation where the D-R divide rolls along.....

Strip away party affiliation, strip away the corners the partys want to draw us in... ask yourself... is this productive?

I think not, but hey, I am just another citizen who's past the mid century mark on earth... been there done that...

I would hate to see my childrens' generation fall prey to what I have already experienced...

THe folks have lost too much, paid TOO much...

It's time that the folks change what has been the norm in DC.... to do that, we need to vote every chance we get... local, county, state.. and yes nationally.... I can't emphasize enough how important your local elections are... If you want to change DC.... start with your community...

It's up to us... YOu know damn well the establishment won't give 2 shytes if you stay home until their 4 year production is unveiled that is what they are counting on...

[rassin frassin /rant]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join