It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whose Down With TPP? The Democratic Party.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That is al well and good but why would the prospective Democratic Presidential nominee want this plank in the platform when she is allegedly against it?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well she isn't a Liberal, why people refuse to see that is beyond me. Honestly, if I can put on the dreaded tin-foil hat on for a minute, Bernie's candidacy is a direct result of OWS and had he not been bamboozled by the DNC and the media (whose owners very much want the TPP) from the get go, Hillary would be a vague memory of a nightmare we collectively had. Bernie represents the type of person that should be commonplace within the Democratic Party, OWS drew attention to that lack.

Anyway... enter the worse of two evils that all the GOP candidates represented and then we ended with about the worst of them and bam! nearly all Liberals will forget all that's broken within because Trump is the worst thing ever. This is how the TPP happens and every other damned thing we don't want but swallow and forget about because it's better than _____.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: schuyler

That is al well and good but why would the prospective Democratic Presidential nominee want this plank in the platform when she is allegedly against it?

That really wasn't what I was addressing. People were acting as if a party plank, if passed, became a law. I was simply pointing out that a plank in the platform is a mental exercise often designed to appeal to certain constituencies. We should all be quite accustomed to Clinton's inconsistencies by now. Pointing them out does not seem to do much to her supporters, who don't seem to care.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I agree with your assessment, when a nation of 330,000,000 people puts forth a Clinton or Trump Presidency we have made it about their personalities and not the true issues.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
That really wasn't what I was addressing. People were acting as if a party plank, if passed, became a law. I was simply pointing out that a plank in the platform is a mental exercise often designed to appeal to certain constituencies.

Understood, sorry for any confusion. What I find odd is that this plank does NOT appeal to the base of the party, they are against the deal.

We should all be quite accustomed to Clinton's inconsistencies by now. Pointing them out does not seem to do much to her supporters, who don't seem to care.

True, although I would like to get a Clinton supporter's take on this.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I wonder if it's not simply a snub against Sanders, since the Dems are so pissed at him. Yet Sanders has so many ardent supporters, and the Dems seem to be ignoring them.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

I wonder if it's not simply a snub against Sanders, since the Dems are so pissed at him. Yet Sanders has so many ardent supporters, and the Dems seem to be ignoring them.

It makes me wonder how many of them will be put off by this and either refrain from voting altogether or go third party.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

It makes me wonder how many of them will be put off by this and either refrain from voting altogether or go third party.

I think a lot will be but I doubt many will vote third party. Maybe in time 3rd party will have a chance but most know that is throwing away a vote, or a vote for the worse of the two evils.

I voted Hillary against Obama and Bernie against Hillary. I like the idea of Trump as president to a degree... What is worrisome to me is an article I read awhile back about supreme court justices. The typical age of retirement and or death. It speculated that in the next 8 years several seats will open up. So the next president could potentially change the view of the court.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Definitely Bernie's most attractive selling point.

He was also vocally opposed to NAFTA and predicted illegal aliens would artificially lower wages and destroy the working class.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I think a lot will be but I doubt many will vote third party. Maybe in time 3rd party will have a chance but most know that is throwing away a vote, or a vote for the worse of the two evils.

So as a Clinton supporter what is your take on this decision by the DNC?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Definitely Bernie's most attractive selling point.

I am curious how she is going to try and woo the Sanders supporters.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

We know that Hillary wants to renegotiate the deal.
She's said so.

What Hillary said,
www.ontheissues.org...
edit on 7102016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I passed a headline that said he got his minimum wage amount in.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

She's been a walking target for a long time. She's tough enough for trump.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Her word is golden these days.

What if she "changes" her mind again ?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

People often change their mind when they get new information. If new information calls for a change then flexibility is a strength. It's not fickle.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

People often change their mind when they get new information. If new information calls for a change then flexibility is a strength. It's not fickle.

Absolutely.

Hillary Clinton is 100% genuine as a person and her reputation is impeccable.

She is the only one we can trust with decisions that affect the entire population.

If she's good enough for President Obama, she's good enough for me.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
We know that Hillary wants to renegotiate the deal.

Why renegotiate what you do not want? Why not just pull out?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

What if she has the TPP agreement on another server in her basement.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What if she has the TPP agreement on another server in her basement.

That would be the "5th Column" server.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join