It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Jump on the ATS bandwagon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:15 PM
It is the Mandela effect in full swing.

I remember clearly this was a place where people denied ignorance.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:29 PM

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

You're quite correct about the change to useless politics and away from high strangeness. Sadly I think that's a generational thing. The yutes don't have any interest in nor curiosity about topics dealing with high strangeness because frankly, they don't believe in anything. Further, because they aren't very bright and don't have any depth of experience, they focus on US politics, an issue of awesome stupid.

I'd venture to say that a lot of people lose interest in conspiracy theories because they are 99% of the time, a giant bottomless rabbit hole and nothing ever stems from conspiratorial thinking except more conspiracy.

Never getting any concrete answers can get pretty old for some.

Correlating intelligence and experience with the interest in high strangeness is a bit of a fallacy. In many, many cases conspiracy nuts are really not very bright at all. 10 Characteristics of a Conspiracy Theorist

But none the less, I mostly agree with the OP... politics, while "real world" are a boring repeating cycle and they get new suckers with short term memory sucked in every 4 years.

edit on 10-7-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:20 PM
I think David64 has put it correctly, it's the mods who decide if it is a repeat article, if there is a different aspect being pursued, (that can and does happen) then I think it should be allowed. In any case, nothing is perfect.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:36 PM
I may be alone on this, but threads on the same topic really don't bother me. Some people have different perspectives on the same issue. To me it's just trivial stuff. How difficult is it to just ignore a particular thread?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:57 PM
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

I like your comment and agree for the most part.

But I think there's a big difference between the typical "conspiracy nut" and those who reflectively and assiduously study strange phenomenon. I've read several serious and in-depth scientific studies of the crop circle phenomenon. Their discoveries or observations of course point to the fact that 99% of crop circles man made hoaxes. Its the odd non-human made crop circles I find interesting.

Then for example there are the numerous UFO sightings that are quite obviously mis-Identifications, but then there's the report of the Japanese Airline pilot of the huge UFO tracking his 747 aircraft in Alaskan air space.

Another example I don't ascribe to the conspiracy nuts is the well documented Men In Black phenomenon.

So yea, I'm with you on the usual conspiracy nutters, but there are some genuinely interesting instances of high strangeness.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:16 PM
WELL I'LL tell you what Disturbs me ..................................... these damn huge Chicken Breasts. You need a system of levers and pullys just to lift them into the pan. Are these Alien body parts ? Or some unknown animal beast ? I'm frightened to even think of what they might have come from. Oh the daily news.......?........ fiction, all fiction.... I'v got a bridge in...... ..... ...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:55 PM
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Every time some big news happens, it fills ATS.

And someone always posts what you just posted when they get sick of it.

This thread was inevitable. But you made it. Even though it doesn't change a thing.

You're partaking in the madness of posting the 'same old same old' too!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:50 PM

originally posted by: Darkblade71
It is an election year, which generally causes lots and lot (especially this election) political thread about controversial candidates.

As far as Dallas goes,
It is big news.
It is a big deal.
It would generate lots of threads I would think.

It is the ebb and flow of ATS.
Today, elections and social strife.
Tomorrow, riots and nuclear war,
That's just how ATS rolls.

And the world and ATS threads are ever changing. At least the "CERN" folks have taken to new topics.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:53 PM
BTS Bro. Just avoid Rant and Faith and it's all good.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:54 PM

originally posted by: bananashooter
What annoys me more is the click bait threads copied and pasted right from the yahoo home page.
Maybe they should do away with stars and flags so people don't have any incentives to post worthless spam articles to get their stats up.

But I am getting so close to having 10,000 stars!
edit on 10-7-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>