It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jump on the ATS bandwagon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Could I be any more p!$$ed off?

Fellow deniers of ignorance keep jumping on the overcrowded bandwagon whenever a significant news story breaks. This latest shooting in Dallas has many members creating superfluous threads-the homepage is clogged with different iterations of the same story and it makes the site look like a parrot sitting on a pirates shoulder.

The recent and constant Trump threads were also ad nauseum and I'm at my wits end with how some folk continue to make mountains out of the same molehill. I plead to my fellow members-If someone has already covered the topic, please don't start another thread if it is not necessary unless you have any new revelations just contribute to another members thread that provided the original information.

News is news but opinions or social commentary isn't news.
edit on 10-7-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Or...you could just ignore the ones you don't like and let the Mods handle any repeat threads.
Just my 2.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

edit on 2016-07-10T11:15:15-05:002016Sun, 10 Jul 2016 11:15:15 -0500bSunday1507America/Chicago1611 by corblimeyguvnor because: edited

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I know its frustrating.

But we also see many recurring threads about recurring threads.

Are they both equally bad?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
But if I dont start my own thread how will I feel important and get all the flags
. But you do make a very good point

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What annoys me more is the click bait threads copied and pasted right from the yahoo home page.
Maybe they should do away with stars and flags so people don't have any incentives to post worthless spam articles to get their stats up.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

edit on 10-7-2016 by bananashooter because: double post

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Look at the latest homepage...Dallas this, Dallas that, Trump this, Trump that...

I'm sick of all the parroting and yet no one seems to be doing anything about it-for once can I would like to be greeted with a page that isn't plastered with one specific story. You have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find anything to do with UFO's or the supernatural-It was a different story 13 years ago.

I've been visiting this site for more than a decade and in recent years has leaned to politic rhetoric and has swayed away from the high strangeness that made this site what it is today.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
What annoys me more is the click bait threads copied and pasted right from the yahoo home page.
Maybe they should do away with stars and flags so people don't have any incentives to post worthless spam articles to get their stats up.

Be careful the MOD will get you

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I'm beginning to wonder if the mods and skeptic are still behind the scenes as much as we think they are.

Over the last 6 months to a year I've noticed a sharp decline in quality control on here..also lots of members I remember from before are now gone

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It is an election year, which generally causes lots and lot (especially this election) political thread about controversial candidates.

As far as Dallas goes,
It is big news.
It is a big deal.
It would generate lots of threads I would think.

It is the ebb and flow of ATS.
Today, elections and social strife.
Tomorrow, riots and nuclear war,
That's just how ATS rolls.

IMO

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen
I see the same thing, some MODs seem to be on the job, others, well lets say not so on the job and very one sided. I would put my money on the owners have lost intrest and are trying to sell ATS

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I hope you don't mind that your rant spurred one of my own... Not so much about the duplicate stories, but about WHY ATS members (and probably a lot of people online) feel the need to go a bit crazy as time goes on and we deteriorate as a nation.

I've been staying away from ATS for the most part lately, because of the strange obsession that people seem to have with EVERY single aspect of the top 5-6 news stories in the media. There's the US presidential candidates, US racial tension/police relations, LGBT issues, gun ownership, war and terrorism and maybe an abortion thread thrown in there... That's most of the threads, it seems. And that's EXACTLY what the cable media is focusing on. EVERY aspect of the popular stories... This "addiction to media" is really kind of a cult behavior. It's like, as soon as someone reads a news story, they have to hurry and post it on ATS (or Tweet it), to get the inevitable 'buzz' going between people on their team and people on the other team. And sometimes, there isn't time to do a thorough search, because someone else might post the thread. It looks like an obsessive/compulsive behavior. Or an addiction.

It's the same people, for the most part (and I fully admit to being one of those people in the past) who engage time and time again, on the same few topics, with the same opinions, the same sources to prove one's 'side', the same emotions and inevitable 'fights', requiring mod intervention, etc... What the hell are we doing? What is this game we're all playing? These are the questions I've been asking myself.

The more I stay away from the "news", on TV or the internet, the more clarity I have, and the less obsessed I feel about every detail of the story. I still look at ATS, because of the rare interesting thread, but the old stand-bys still threaten to draw me in. I hope to keep that to a minimum.

a reply to: Darkblade71

I think you're absolutely right. Have you noticed it being this bad every election? Or is it getting worse with each one? From my position, this year takes the prize.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
I'm beginning to wonder if the mods and skeptic are still behind the scenes as much as we think they are.

I'm sure they are..I've never seen a time when ATS was adrift in blue water without captain and crew.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

a reply to: Darkblade71 I think you're absolutely right. Have you noticed it being this bad every election? Or is it getting worse with each one? From my position, this year takes the prize.

It was pretty bad last election too.
But yeah, this year seems to be a lot worse.
Every election year ATS goes crazy...lol

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You're quite correct about the change to useless politics and away from high strangeness. Sadly I think that's a generational thing. The yutes don't have any interest in nor curiosity about topics dealing with high strangeness because frankly, they don't believe in anything. Further, because they aren't very bright and don't have any depth of experience, they focus on US politics, an issue of awesome stupid.

But, there is hope! After this election and the typical non-results in terms of poltiical solutions to the nation's problems, the millennials will become disenchanted with politics and start taking an interest in the world around them and the obvious bits of high strangeness. So............things go in cycles.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Amen !

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

(Don't forget all the birther threads and Obama stuff - it's the same feelings just new face to fear/hate and apply all known evil to depending on ones POV. )

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I hope you don't mind that your rant spurred one of my own...

I don't mind at all-I just think some folk can fall victim to their own egocentricity.

Why drive to work when you can car pool? why be the chef when there are so many cooks around? Truth be told I do toot my own horn but I am also a bumbling idiot; however this bumbling idiot does implore modern journalistic integrity and the latest games of chinese whispers on this site is disturbing.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I remember the days before ATSNN.

The day ATSNN was rolled out, members became news junkies, including myself.

To be honest, I liked it better before. But those days are long gone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join