It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostbusters (2016) Review. SPOILER WARNING! RAGE ALERT!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Falenor

I just hope they don't try something similar with Top Gun....don't touch my Top Gun !!!

Uh-oh, prepared to get pissed:

As of October 2014, the plot has changed… and it STINKS. Apparently it’s Maverick vs Drones, as the old boy tries to demonstrate to the world that you need human pilots to succeed…and not drones..

“The concept is, basically, are the pilots obsolete because of drones. Cruise is going to show them that they’re not obsolete. They’re here to stay,” explained the producer. Top Gun 2: I Feel the Need, the Need for Greed

They've taken everything from me !!! This World is dead to me now !!!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Saw a preview, and I don't think they could pay be enough to bother! If I want Ghostbusters, I'll pop in a DVD and sit back and enjoy the real deal. The preview was about what I expected when I first saw the preview posters in the local theater. Thanks, no thanks!! Not even free streamed on Netflix!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: neo96

Marvel has gone completely off the deep end with the PC narrative. This is the breakdown of the new phase of comic book releases.

Don't have any problem with this. Comics are a great place to try out new things. A lot of our movies come from comics even when they're not comic book movies. It's a great place to try this kind of content out.

There is likely the aspect that Marvel are responding to both commercial opportunity and brand concerns after some bad press a few years ago, but they're trying something out. It will either work or it won't. Comics have always responded to these things through the decades like the comic code and things like that. They'll probably survive.

Side note, Nazi Captain America is the least of your worries. Captain America has already been black, and a serial killer.

Not much to say about Ghostbusters. Its not my movie. Best thing persons who genuinely just don't like the film could do is stop apologizing for not liking it and ignore anyone being upset about it then not bother discussing it.

Feels like liking or disliking a film has become a political act now.
edit on 11-7-2016 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
GhostBusters (2016) -

Contrary to the wreck of a hype train that the movie had from production to Release, this Movie was Entertaining and worth going to see. Be sure to understand It at first seems like it does not tie into or relate to the classic movies until you get to the Mayors office, the only scene I will directly spoil, he spills the beans that it has happened before and that it was Swept under the Rug and the original team was dispersed and forgotten. (three of the four of them do make appearances and when they do if you watch carefully and listen you can see they are reviving their original characters as if they were payed off to not acknowledge it.) So for continuity sake you can Call this Ghost Busters 3. If you never seen the first two you are in for an Entertaining film. If you seen the first two, there are Easter eggs all over it that are just for fans. A movie that is worth going to see.

The Egon Like Lady is Eccentric and almost like she is in her own movie that just happens to share the same set and filming as the rest, and honestly provides most the good Humor of the film. Oh an yeah there is a Slimer Ghost in this one also...

Now on to could this be a viable franchise, yes if they keep the same cast, it has set up a squeal stinger after the credits that would get the old Ghost Buster Vets going OHHH.

So I would give it 3 and 1/2 out of 5, An entertaining Evening, There is my Review, take it with a grain of salt.

CoBaZ

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Oh my god this movie was absolutely retarded.

I watched 30 minutes of it and had to stop.

And that POS was over 2 hours long ?

Geezus.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join