It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about doing a background that isn't terrible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It's getting embarrassing.

Here...

ATS looks like crap. Stop it. It looks like you're trying to sabotage the site.

The background stuff is terrible, it's universally hated.

Good job dicking with the site and not saying anything during these troubling times.

ATS is embarrassing. Nothing about the shootings of police that I've seen. Changing a crap background is just sad.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

You made us all feel like we were small and getting screwed.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

You made us all feel like we were small and getting screwed.

I lolled!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I hate the low resolution..

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I just wish there where a option to turn the background solid black.. its better for my sensitive eyes.

Or just a option to remove the background and make ATS fit the whole screen.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
nevermind.
Screenshotception.
screeeeeeenshotception

An option to turn background images on and off.

K. Thx.

edit on 10 7 2016 by kaelci because: meh.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Lol I love the open tabs, nice touch.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

This is how I see it..

iPad ftw
edit on 10/7/16 by Chadwickus because: crazy screenshot of a screenshot of a screenshot

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Crazy.

Screenshotception.

edit on 10 7 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

HA! You win! I thought it was going to take a few more pages.

AND I just realized I got too saucy.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Well this is just my opinion, but some people who used to use this site more often (hint hint) kind of stopped due to feature bloat. First off, there are so many options an not all of us have the time or inclination to figure out what all the links and icons mean or do, or how to turn on and off things. For example, it's become so cartoonish-looking over the years that some people (hint hint) who might enjoy descreetly browsing this informative content at a place of work don't feel comfortable doing so because the graphical overload screams: "I am wasting company time on some kind of entertainmaint site!"

It would be really nice if there was a stripped-down "office-use-friendly and blandly unobtrusive" minimalist version of the ATS interface. For all I know there already is, but there are so many bells and whistles on this thing I don't know where it might be hidden if anywhere. Signal-noise ratio in terms of design has always been my biggest gripe about ATS. The content and moderation remains great as always.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's time for something a little more refined.

I offered ATS use of some of my abstract artwork for use as backgrounds some years ago but it seems they still want the conspiracy theme pics.

I find the current ones a little tiresome and bland in colour. I understand the need for low res as they are just backgrounds, but come on.....get a little more creative chaps.

The offer still stands to use my fractal artworks like these and I'm sure they'd work great in low res:

etc

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I agree. Something dark (softer on my eyes) and neutral, it'd make the site look more professional, too.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
First World problems.

Suck it up cupcakes

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Well, this is the appropriate forum for feedback about ATS, so whatever world that puts us in, this is the right place.

Now if you'll excuse me, I suddenly feel the need for a snack...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I rarely see the background image as I rarely have the browser window maximized.

Just an option to turn it off in account settings would do imo, just like avatars. Whatever background image they choose or let someone else choose will be boring to see after a few times, just like avatars.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I can't stand the 911 image, it is upsetting and every time it comes up it frustrates me it is even there as a constant visual reminder.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It is not perse a first world problem of course, I'm sure the people from the second or third world will be happy with whatever setting can bring down their use of bandwidth.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I have one right now. I have lived within 50 miles of NYC my whole life, I don't need that

top topics

<<   2 >>

join