It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stefan Molyneux: The Truth About The Alton Sterling and Philando Castile Shootings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Another thing - the cop admits that the tail light was not busted. It is implied but not stated that the cop wanted to check him out because he had a "wide nose" just like the picture of the armed robber.

Well most black men have wide noses. The dreads aren't mentioned at all.

Are we to believe the "all black people look the same to me" defense.

And what was all that innuendo about how Castille was smoking weed while employed as a cafeteria supervisor. How much contact does a cafeteria supervisor have with kids in a school? And certainly people in far more direct contact with kids smoke weed.

Now this Anton one - yes he was a bad man. but he was on the ground being held down by two cops. From their superior position, if they felt threatened, why did they not shoot his shoulder? Why did they shoot to kill.

I am not buying this video at all. Its a biased attempt to smear the victims and a very credible witness.

Tired of Control Freaks

It was not because of the wide nose, that was part of it. The license plate matched a BOLO.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
Ah a video attempting to smear the victims in order to justify their murders.

OP, in the event of Mr. Castile's murder, do you believe he behaved correctly by announcing to the officer that he was a licensed carrier to the officer?

Do you believe that the officer had a right to shoot him four times and watch him bleed out in front of his family? If so, why?

What part of Mr. Castile's past warranted the discharge of a weapon into a car with a child in the back seat? His speeding tickets? Or the citation for turning on a no turn on red?
Did you watch the whole video?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Watched the entire video, very interesting and troubling at the same time. If all these sources pan out to be true, I can see how these police officer will not be charged. I think the main stream media should do the same kind of background check on these victims as this guy has done. However, it seems like the media is more concerned about taking the side of outrage sometimes rather than reporting on facts.

Today's MSM engages more in dialog, interviews and rehashing the same narrative instead of doing thorough investigative reporting and supplying the facts to their viewers. It seems like they're more concerned about being accepted by their viewers instead of exposing truth. Heaven forbid if they alienate a segment of the population who don't like hearing the truth or their coverage goes against government and their corporate interests.

I have to admit, I found Reynolds being so calm and nonchalant about her boyfriend being shot in the seat next to her was extremely odd. I would think most girlfriends would have been hysterical at the very least! Let alone being calm enough and taking a video of her dying boyfriend!

Hopefully the truth whether for the victims or the officers involved will prevail in the end.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I watched the whole video and I did not hear anything about a license plate matching a BOLO. I heard that Castile matched the picture of the BOLO mostly because of the "wide nose".

Further, if the license plate matched a BOLO for armed robbers, I do not believe only 2 cops would have stopped the vehicle.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

please enlighten us - what exactly did the girlfriend lie about? How has her story changed?

As for her cool and calm demeanor - she has a gun pointed at her - how hysterical would you behave under the circumstances?

I would suggest she was in fear of own life at that point. I am amazed she had the nerve to videotape with a gun at her head (the cops partner was on her side of the car at this point).

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1

OP, in the event of Mr. Castile's murder, do you believe he behaved correctly by announcing to the officer that he was a licensed carrier to the officer?

Do you believe that the officer had a right to shoot him four times and watch him bleed out in front of his family? If so, why?

What part of Mr. Castile's past warranted the discharge of a weapon into a car with a child in the back seat? His speeding tickets? Or the citation for turning on a no turn on red?

Yes. What does his past have to do with him being shot and allowed to bleed out?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1

Yes. What does his past have to do with him being shot and allowed to bleed out?
It doesn't. Stephen says in the video, explicitly, that his past didnt get him shot; resisting arrest did.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Amazing how many opinionated people who quote the research of others claim somehow to have all the facts.

You Tubers and keyboard commandos, radio show hosts and pundits.

You can quote all of the charges that have been filed but that doesn't amount to a conviction, and a conviction does not amount to a justified death sentence.

It's all the same and means nothing.

I have nearly been shot by a cop because I was walking around at night and just happened to be wearing similar clothes as someone who did something somewhere else. I have a few things on my record. I guess I deserved to die too then....For going for a walk with a criminal record.

edit on 10-7-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

Castile was not under arrest. He was killed for declaring that he was a legal gun owner

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Another example of why it is not a good idea to talk to the cops except to respond to their requests for ID and insurance and registration.

Really, anyone with half a brain already knows that.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The guy is commenting from his white comfort zone with the standard operating proceedure of release the offenders prior track record,invent imaginary threats to the officer concerned or excuse the lack of professionalism through invented mitigating circumstances,discredit the witnesses then quote biased statistics its a denial sequence I see just about every time.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think the past behavior of these victims has to be called into question. If they've resisted arrests in the past, tried reaching for their gun on previous arrests, or have been in jail, or involved in crime using a gun or other weapon, than it would surely show that the victim had a precedence of resisting arrest and reaching for his gun.

I'm not claiming these police are innocent, but usually people who are known to escalate situations and be confrontational usually don't change overtime. If they have a criminal background or on parole, all the more, why would they risk putting themselves back behind bars?

I just don't understand how anyone white or black would even want to argue or escalate a situation with the police! They're armed for pete's sake! With all the police shootings that have been televised and in the news, you would think people would be concerned enough to just follow an officers directives! If they're truly innocent, people need to think of the possible grave consequences and save their anger and frustration for the courts. Innocent and law abiding individuals don't run and escalate a situation with the police, period.

I still say the women who watched her boyfriend die next to her, really didn't act like someone who really cared about their boyfriend. Many of my own relatives and strangers found it very odd. Many people I've talked to said they would have been hysterical and at least console him as he took his last breath. Instead, she video records him as he's dying? What normal person experiencing and seeing a stranger, let alone someone they cared about being shot beside them would act in such a way? Recording our dying girlfriend or boyfriend would be the last thing on most of our minds!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The guy is doing the very thing he criticized others over: jumping to conclusions without knowing all the facts and before any investigation reveals all the known facts.

As well he is one-sided and biased...

Why doesn’t he wait until the investigation is over?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I just want the truth of the events.

Do you want the truth, or do you want your beliefs confirmed?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I think the past behavior of these victims has to be called into question. If they've resisted arrests in the past, tried reaching for their gun on previous arrests, or have been in jail, or involved in crime using a gun or other weapon, than it would surely show that the victim had a precedence of resisting arrest and reaching for his gun.

The problem being that the officers involved would know nothing about the suspects' past behavior, and even if they did, they would need to treat each case as being fresh.
edit on 10-7-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

You did read the title of the video, yes? The officers name has been released, I'm sure there will be more on him soon.
He did not show any other images or videos in his video. He linked them in the description.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
@supremecommander

Do you know what led up to the shooting besides the aftermath video? I too would like to know.
edit on 10-7-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Glad you got something out of it.

Regarding Lavish, people handle stress differently. I got to say she was likely in shock and feared for her own life at that point.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Do you have any facts to back that statement up? Sounds like a line of bull to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Folks are free to come to their own conclusions. Highlighting the deceased backgrounds certainly highlights the life they chose to live.

If you can't see the way the media is trying to push a narrative and not fill you in to facts, you truly missed the point of the video.

-Plainly stated, their prior acts did not condemn them to death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join