It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Physicist at CERN We've Done Something We Shouldn't Have Done

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I must apologize!

This topic got me reminiscing about my "early days" such that I took a look back in some of my old journals.

Specifically, to the Crone's "bone", so to speak.

And I must confess that I mis-remembered the poor donor of that artifact; it was not a ram, though she claimed it as such, and I was not about to call the lady a liar or a fool in front of those she lead.

She was, most likely, merely mislead into believing what she had been told.

The article in question actually belong to a large dog, as I recall in my notes.

But, belief is nine tenths of reality , they say.

link   

I must apologize!

This topic got me reminiscing about my "early days" such that I took a look back in some of my old journals.

And I must confess that I mis-remembered the poor donor of that artifact; it was not a ram, though she claimed it as such, and I was not about to call the lady a liar or a fool in front of those she lead.

The article in question actually belong to a large dog, as I recall in my notes.

link   

I must apologize!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Methinks the OP posted in the wrong forum.

ALL CAP POSTING THREADS SHOULD GO HERE
www.abovetopsecret.com...
CAN EVERYONE HEAR ME OK?

K~

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: gunshooter

Evidently you joined the blathering hoard in

REFUSING

to take the OP as offered.

I did NOT ask if folks believed the contentions of the video to be TRUE or FALSE.

I already knew where the usual actors and clowns would come down on that issue.

THAT was not my interest nor my intent about the topic. That was NOT THE TOPIC.

The TOPIC WAS to PRETEND IT WAS TRUE

and to then discuss the THEREFORE WHATS . . . hopefully in a brainstorming way that would tease out all manner of possibilities and their consequences.

I find such exercises fun as well as educational.

I do NOT find the usual blathering DOGMA screeching about the doctrines of the Religion of Scientism very educational at all. And that was certainly not my objective in the OP.

Maybe I should get a new hobby . . . rushing around pooping freely for kicks on all their Religion of Scientism threads in every obnoxious way I could imagine. It would at least be fair play.

I suppose no one of very interesting perspectives is willing to bother discussing the hypotheticals and therefore whats of the OP.

Oh, well. I tried.

Sheesh.

BTW, the personshood assaults are old hat and more boring than they even are offensive . . . though they are also low class and usually full of rank hypocrisy.

I've bolded your use of "personhood assaults" in this one post to point out the rank hypocrisy that you surround yourself in.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Dragging us back to the OP.

The voice-over kept referring to scientists being under "threats of extermination" should they disclose the truth.

If there's one truth that I have learned working with academics, is that civilian scientists cannot be kept silent. If one was threatened that would be the green light to publish. There are 2,500 scientists at CERN backed by a vast network in academia who do research and contribute. No chance tat there's secrets of this nature.

The things covered in the OP are implausible at best, especially the conspiracy to cover up "the truth". The Video proves anyone can put anything on YouTube and someone will believe it.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

He wants us to pretend it is real...

Okay let's play..

"I now bow down to the true Masters! the critter priests of the religion of scientism I now hope they can give us all personal robots".

done.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Perhaps you would do well to check your math.

Your "all" seems to have a funny definition.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

There are words that refer to individuals

And words that refer to groups.

In English . . . groups are made up of individuals.

However, individuals are not considered groups.

And a group is not considered an individual.

Further . . . when a group's membership is ill-defined in terms of those who are specifically members, or not . . . that lack of clarity gives room for any number of individuals to be OR NOT TO BE in said group. Of course, some may well self-identify as members of XYZ group at their own discretion.

Saying that said specific scientist at CERN is a lying hoaxer in the video could be considered a personal assault, were he a member here.

Saying that scientists at CERN have been known to distort the truth doesn't implicate any specific individuals.

edit on 10/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

WAIT WHAT? TYPE LOUDER I CAN"T HEAR YOU OVER THE DIN OF YOUR GENIUS.

K~

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

No, just no. I have my own reservations about CERN. Buy no proof it has done anything wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thanks for ignoring the purpose of the OP.

It's become a ritual tradition.

Sigh.

edit on 10/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
OK I need you to understand something here.

This was WRITTEN in a short story forum on Reddit.
NoSleep is a place for authors to share their original horror stories.

Do not spend another 6 pages attacking people for not wanting to discuss the scientific and moral implications of a made up work of fiction, without your very first line at least disclosing this is not a true story, but authored by....on the following forum. Instead you INSIST this may be real.

Do not ask us to suspend our belief in order to have a "serious " debate about Frankenstein or The revenge of the Mummy either, without your first line being; "this is a work of fiction, not real but let's discuss the evils of science."

This is a known work of fiction and to present it as otherwise is hoaxing,
I reread your OP again (no easy feat given your writing style), and you DID NOT MAKE IT CLEAR you wanted people to simply agree it is real to engage in science bashing.

Ask a mod to edit in the first line of your OP.
Following is a work of fiction from Reddit, please pretend it is real to engage in science bashing and edit out all the parts in your OP where you allude this could be true...

You should also source the author of this fictional story from reddit on this.

Because you wish to discuss the evils of science and accuse it of being occultist, this thread should perhaps go to BTS religion and faith.

edit on 10-7-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

It is not in my nature to pretend a false narrative is reality and run with it.

And you ended your post with humans riding the dragon so ya know..

There are plenty of wacky ideas about CERN that I would pretend to be true to talk about it, like portals opening for instance, but that silly video was boring and so obviously untrue it hurts my soul that it was brought up as a topic of discussion.

I love random youtube quests I too was on something about putin which morphed into CERN at some point, but I was listening to bible people talk about KJV changing because of mandela effect because of CERN.. It was more entertaining and has more of a point to it about discussing reality than some Mafia/Secret society, that runs the world, yet also gets arrested??

It's too specific and too fake.

It hurts my soul so I won't partake.

Your OP didn't show your own thoughts in your own thought experiment.
Why don't you pretend it's real and tell us what you would do or why you even care?

So as an example this video is much more FUN and it still has your Christian part to it, but in even more fun ways. The guy uses his OWN VOICE.. AND, he seems to understand physics including cluing me in to further research on antimatter.

maybe you would like it?
and maybe you would stop being so mean?
You are acting like a child not someone who loves his brother as himself.

here enjoy:

CERN the opening of portals to bring in satan and his demonic kingdom in the last days of the great tribulation which we are so close to right now if your filled with the holy spirit and a born again christian follower of Christ saved by his blood you know you discern and can deduce these end time signs events and prophesy coming true everyday

13 Flags on this thread has me worried hahahaha...

@zazz:

edit on 10-7-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

The name of the scientist telling the story is given.

Maybe email him and ask him about this?

Other names are mentioned as well.

Also: Phage...

What sort of "proof" were you looking for here? Listening to the account I can't think of any proof that might suffice.

I have to ask. .is there any story you don't believe?

Because I have never seen you even hint at not buying something someone said.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

I have to ask. .is there any story you don't believe?

Because I have never seen you even hint at not buying something someone said.

maybe this one?

the Bible is fake:

edit on 10-7-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

[EVERYTHING that crosses our perceptual capacities

is evidence.

DENIAL of that is . . . simply . . .

BRAZEN DENIAL.

Whoops. The story is cool, but sic fi. Then again sic fi is how ideas are born.
As far as the desired result, opening doorways, thats achieved through the spirit, not machines.

Cern is a giant TV yoke. They are trying to find the tiniest little bits of matter in atoms they can classify...

Wee I was a kid I learned the futility of singing...

Therrres a... hair on the gnat on the wart on the frog on the branch on the log in the hole in the bottom of the Seeee!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Have you ever considered, "perhaps I should take a break". You post a fair amount about very questionable click-bait sources. At some point people are going to tire of it.

I personally don't mind the stuff, but I think some get tired of it.

Maybe stick to things that don't involve hard science.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Ok, Basically what you have in that youtube link is nothing more then you see some members here write up in a post. Throw that into a voice synth and place the audio in a video editor and throw in some jpg's and that is basically what this "video" is.

Sources - 0
Claims - many
Credibility = sources

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Let me get this straight. A little man made circle that collides atoms is creating doorways to other universes yet......the actual universe that collides atoms on a scale and energy level infinitely greater produces nothing.

You guys make my head hurt. Just damn.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join