It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Physicist at CERN We've Done Something We Shouldn't Have Done

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
There are no shortcuts to eternal life.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Nope

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ahhhhhhhhhhh . . . so you have bought into the 100+ years of propaganda that there is no such thing as objective truth?

LOLOL.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN
No.

I don't buy into the claim that anyone can tell anyone what the TRUTH (as you put it) is. Anyone who makes that claim wants something from you.

edit on 7/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Can't tell if bats# crazy, or storytelling.

I expected far better material dug up by you, Bo. I'm actually very disappointed you were so easily swayed with this

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

For 6000 years religion has told us about things that science now categorically denies the existence of and yet all mans knowledge and innovation cannot even cure a common cold.Science has hardened peoples hearts so that the divine is not a great part of the human psyche any more but its not a new problem one chap even performed miracles before peoples eyes but they still would not believe the world has always had the smart elect,the wise however not so much.I agree this CERN is more than just physics.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: UnBreakable

And, DENIAL that you have faith that the other drivers will be highly likely to stop at their red light

is NOT the same as NOT HAVING any faith.

Again, for the second time, I don't have faith, but an expectation, that the other driver will stop. Again, I have accident reports to prove it. Expectation and faith are two different things. I don't expect a man to live in the belly of a fish for three days. Yet I have fundamentalist friends that have faith that the Story of Jonas actually occurred. Expectation equals reasonableness. Faith ignores the concept of reasonableness.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I realize you don't.

You evidently remain a prisoner of the constructions on reality

that your rearing left you with.

Rather sad, that.

There aren't a lot of remedies for that trap/prison.

. . . particularly easy ones.

IIRC, they all require an uncommon degree of honesty, vulnerability, humility etc.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

What unmitigated rationalization! LOL.

A rose by any other name is still a rose.

As the Word goes . . .

FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, (expected) . . . and the evidence of things not seen.

You can deny your faith all you want as long as you want.

You can label it everything else under the sun.

That doesn't change the facts.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

IIRC, they all require an uncommon degree of honesty, vulnerability, humility etc.

All of which you, of course, possess in abundance?

edit on 7/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Most bright Christians I know of speak of

A REASONABLE FAITH.

From my perspective

and that of many others,

We don't have ENOUGH FAITH

to be atheists.

Besides, our FAITH IN GOD has been affirmed and confirmed so many times in so many ways, we'd be fools to deny it.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Others are probably perched on better vantage points to judge me on such scores.

I have observed I tend to be orders of magnitude more vulnerable than most folks, however.

Though, I was speaking primarily of the difficult road from your default position to a perspective of faith and an intimate relationship/dialogue with Creator God and He Who IS the embodiment of TRUTH.

There are lots of exceptions. God seems to enjoy His exceptions.

But generally . . . those as entrenched in your perspective as you obviously are . . . don't find an easy road out of it--short of a Damascus road sort of experience. Those do still occur. One just cannot 'command' them to occur and they seem to be quite infrequent.

Though lots of Muslims have been having them the last decade or 2.

BTW, not everyone is mercenary.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Oh Dear!

I wasn't aware that I had a gun to anyone's head, insisting that they read my stuff vs scrolling on by.

There's something rather perverse about poking a dog with a stick and then throwing a fit when he growls back.

What do you suppose attracts such a compulsion to poke in the first place--vs walking on by?

Am I sooooo powerful that such folks have NO CHOICE but to open a thread and throw a fit?

LOLOL.

However, Thanks for caring to bother to exhort.

Hey man, I already said I don't mind your topics. If you want to be agressive talk to the people who do. I'm just saying maybe hard science isn't your thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Trouble is . . .

you personally do not define the language, concepts, constructs.

You may deny all you want all your waking hours.

It won't change the facts.

It is fascinating that you are soooooooooooo allergic to a perfectly reasonable term.

It is more than a little interesting to see you do sooooooooooo many convoluted back flips to avoid accepting what you define with your behaviors and alternate labels . . . as the same thing so many of us notice as FAITH.

But you can call it EXPECTATION, if it helps you sleep better at nights.

You can even call it a REASONABLE EXPECTATION. Most of the Christians I know would agree that their FAITH IS A REASONABLE EXPECTATION based on considerable evidence and experience.

I just know that when at a stop light that's green to you, you could not proceed without extreme caution and delay UNLESS you had considerable FAITH/EXPECTATION that those with the red light would, in fact, at that time and place, stop.

You could call that phenomenon "GREEN HORSE FEATHERS" and the facts would be the same.

edit on 10/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

LOL.

It depends on how one defines 'my thing.'

LOL.

I love a lot of aspects of "hard" science.

I just have a hostile response to the farcical stuff connected with so much blather about such institutions and disciplines.

And others have a hostile response to my perspectives and constructions on reality related thereto.

LOLOL.

Nothing all that new on such scores.

I do much appreciate your more measured tone compared to the tones of so many rabid naysayers.

edit on 10/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
keep questioning everything...nothing wrong with that.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

There's a lot of crud on the thread but there are some interesting bits here and there.

Not sure if a wider view of it would be worth your time, or not.

You are welcome to lower me several orders of magnitude in your rankings, if that suits your sensibilities, as it evidently does.

Not that I enjoy disappointing, of course.

Yet, like Popeye, I Y'am what I Y'am.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Thanks.

That seems to be in my bone marrow and blood. LOL.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

My own tendency is to take things at face value until PROVEN otherwise--while avoiding being so open minded that my brains fall out.
You failed.

Accepting any claim at all with no evidence is not being open minded. It is letting your brain fall out.

Amazing
. I couldn't imagine that being sane was a possibility if one started to take everything at face value.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Can't tell if bats# crazy, or storytelling.

I expected far better material dug up by you, Bo. I'm actually very disappointed you were so easily swayed with this

Yea.. anyone with an imagination can make a robotic text-to-speech video. Anyone who puts faith in this videos "truth" is an idiot.

If anyone disagrees with this fact, ill be happy to write up a few pages and paste it to text-to-speec and then to a youtube video.

I'll make sure to be extra stoned when writing.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join