It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Physicist at CERN We've Done Something We Shouldn't Have Done

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: BO XIAN
Nice dodge about JPL's horrific dark occult beginnings and leadership.

What "horrific dark occult beginnings" would those be?

This perhaps.
motherboard.vice.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: BO XIAN

35 years+ of writing on the internet can you explain this?.

That's possible actually, I myself was on ARPA through control data corporation in 1978 using a tty43 and a 300 baud acoustic coupler. Some of us were actually using the pre-internet and early Internet when only intelligent life swam in the sea of electrons.

As far as the OP, not an impossible concept, just improbable. 40tev lol. CERN is allegedly capable of simulating the big bang particle interactions at 14tev, that is what they state as their maximum energy level. Of course, they also said the could maintain black holes in magnetic bubbles lol. I'd like to see them try at even 14 Tesla. Actually, not really as the potential for failure and human error is very high.

This whole thing reminds me a little of a Dean R Koontz novel called Carpe Noctem, or size the night. The intrepid hero finds a mysterious experiment gone horribly wrong. In trying to create a time travel device, they create a dimensional portal that operates "sideways." Another similar novel is The Mist by an author I can't be bothered with because he's turned into am SJW turd.

Truth can be stranger than fiction, but I think in the case of the op's youtube source, this is likely fiction promoted by the anti-CERN crowd after reading a novel.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I prefer both. He deserves it by now. If he needs to learn his lessons the hard way, so be it. I'll apply the pressure.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

I prefer both. He deserves it by now. If he needs to learn his lessons the hard way, so be it. I'll apply the pressure.

Deserves what exactly?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

To be called out for pushing nonsense on the forums, then whining like a little bitch when people present their counter arguments.

It's pathetic.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

To be called out for pushing nonsense on the forums, then whining like a little bitch when people present their counter arguments.

It's pathetic.

You do know what forum this is in don't you?
Taking things a little personal.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

THAT assumption

PRESUMES

that you KNOW for CERTAIN

EVERYTHING there is to know

about opening doorways into other dimensions.

Color me more than slightly skeptical.

. . . which . . . on reflection . . . is the typical stance of the Religion of Scientism . . . particularly when confronted with even a wild haired idea that jangles their lofty omniscience and/or sensibilities.

hey, remember that time you posted the CERN experiment that opened a massive interdimensional portal? the one where you specifically mentioned PROOF in your title until the mods changed it for you?

oh wait, that was a lightning storm. nevermind.

edit on 10-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

Perhaps your detector is broken.

Nope, my detector works fine. It's a bs detector and has never failed me. As for going through a green stoplight, I don't have faith that the other guy will stop at red. I have the accident reports to prove it.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Nope, my detector works fine. It's a bs detector and has never failed me. As for going through a green stoplight, I don't have faith that the other guy will stop at red. I have the accident reports to prove it.

Now my BS detector is going off, how about yours?
Does it work on yourself?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

you dont happen to have a spare, do you? maybe you could loan one to bo xian for a while. seems his might be on the fritz.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

you dont happen to have a spare, do you? maybe you could loan one to bo xian for a while. seems his might be on the fritz.

Or........he posted a video that doesn't have any corroborating evidence and did so in the SW forums like he was supposed to.

That is what the forum is for.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
BO XIAN:

I'm a Physicist at CERN

LOL! No you're not. Not in this life, or the next three, pal. With an imagination like yours, you could be a writer...if only you could write.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just another display of human disregard for the human celestial relationships. What they tried to do was create a singularity on a regular human being, which probably destroyed her liveing matrix, had she been an anoited human being, she would have survived only the anoited can come-and-go. If they want to be succesful they must put an individual who has been prepared and taught to move through singularities, for their consciousnes would move from one vehicle to the next, without disruption and spiritual reality would be being confirmed. By calling father a regular human being and trying to put her in the place of an elect of God -a human singularity- only ignorance is shown by commiting blasphery to the Living Divine Image.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Not a lot to explain.

As a Radioman, actually, I worked with the military net in 1970. Counting that, it would be 46 years.

But that was not near the same as forums etc.

That began about 1981. I wrote a LOT on Compuserve under a blind, deaf music proofreader for the Library of Congress as the SYSOP. She was a treasure. I forget her name and the names of the sections on Compuserve. I wrote mainly on her forum.

We helped a lot of folks who were suicidal and actually saved one life thereon--though we had to involve the police to do that.

That's about it.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Well put, imho.

Folks are quite unprepared for the TRUTH that will be outrageously stranger than fiction that's not that far ahead of us.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I gather you have a very difficult time distinguishing between notes quoting the speaker on the youtube vs the OP poster.

Your assertions might be less embarrassing if you could learn to distinguish between those two sorts of things.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Wait.. so Bo, did you realize this was a work of Reddit fiction? If so, how can you even state things like:

6. The video AS PRESENTED is plausible in at least some respects. My own tendency is to take things at face value until PROVEN otherwise--while avoiding being so open minded that my brains fall out.

7. OF COURSE, it could be a hoax; a delusion of grandeur; a game by a bright young adult etc. etc. etc.

8. AND, it MAY WELL BE EXACTLY AS STATED.

Because if you knew this was indeed fiction.. then how can even put #6 and #8 with any sense of intellectual integrity? Or even a straight face? What sort of responses were you hoping to get? If something is a work of fiction.. you should clearly state so in your post. A disclaimer: This is a work of fiction from (giving credit where it is due), but this discussion is if the below were actually TRUE (capping it for your benefit, because you totally would cap it).

Posts like this make me want to simply ignore certain posters.. as I know their threads will be full of misleading gibberish.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I believe the issue with JPL is a fitting aspect of the short story in the OP.

I believe that whatever CERN is up to; whatever is going on there . . . has a more or less seamless connection back to the origins of JPL.

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Nice dodge about JPL's horrific dark occult beginnings and leadership.

What "horrific dark occult beginnings" would those be?

"JACK PARSONS AND THE OCCULT ROOTS OF JPL"
www.spacesafetymagazine.com...

. . .
But very few people are aware of Marvel Whiteside Parsons (a.k.a Jack Parsons), co-founder of Jet Propulsion Laboratories. Parsons made major contributions to rocket development, particularly in the area of solid fuel propellant. The solid motors on the Space Shuttle and the motors in the Minuteman missile were based on the solid propellant technology that he invented. He was a founding member of Aerojet Corporation, and he even has a crater on the dark side of the moon named after him. So why isn’t he as celebrated as the other founding fathers of spaceflight? And what was that about the occult?
. . .

Space Safety » Engineering » Rocket Design » Jack Parsons and the Occult Roots of JPL

Almost everyone in the fields of space and aeronautical engineering are aware of the names of Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, Robert Goddard, and Werner Von Braun. These men undoubtedly laid the groundwork in rocket development which allowed mankind to leave the cradle of Earth, and take our first small steps into the cosmos.
Jack Parsons (Credits: JPL).

Jack Parsons (Credits: JPL).

But very few people are aware of Marvel Whiteside Parsons (a.k.a Jack Parsons), co-founder of Jet Propulsion Laboratories. Parsons made major contributions to rocket development, particularly in the area of solid fuel propellant. The solid motors on the Space Shuttle and the motors in the Minuteman missile were based on the solid propellant technology that he invented. He was a founding member of Aerojet Corporation, and he even has a crater on the dark side of the moon named after him. So why isn’t he as celebrated as the other founding fathers of spaceflight? And what was that about the occult?
. . .

Early Years
Parsons was born in Pasadena, in 1914, to a wealthy but troubled family. His father, Marvel Senior, walked out when his son was young, after having an affair with another woman, leaving young Marvel Junior in the charge of his doting mother, Ruth. His mother promptly filed for divorce, and began referring to her son, as “John,” which is the name he is referred to by the scientific community who worked with him later in life. As he grew older, other family members and close friends would refer to him as “Jack,” as would his occult buddies in his later years.
. . .
The Influence Of
In 1939 Parsons became acquainted with the works of English occultist Aleister Crowley who referred to himself as “The Great Beast 666,” and was referred to by the English media as the “wickedest man in the world.”
Crowley was the founder of the Thelemic religion whose practitioners lived by the motto “do what thou wilt.” He had previously enjoyed some success as a mountaineer, having scaled K2 and Kanchenjunga, the 2nd and 3rd highest mountains in the world, respectively. During the Kanchenjunga expedition in 1905, Crowley’s fellow mountaineers fell victim to an avalanche. They called to Crowley for help, and rather than assist his dying comrades he did what any good Englishman would do…he put his feet up, made a cup of tea. He then sat and watched them die on the mountain, later claiming that he had “no sympathy” for his chums.
. . .
Parsons pursued his occult interests and scientific interests with equal intensity. He purchased a large house on South Orange Grove Avenue, Pasadena, and created a commune, inviting actors, actresses, poets, and writers (including sci-fi master Robert Heinlein and ultimately, sci-fi minor L. Ron Hubbard) to participate in his wild parties. He nicknamed the house “The Parsonage.” The police were frequent visitors to The Parsonage, receiving reports of naked pregnant women dancing through fire in the garden, loud music, and consumption of illegal substances. Parsons always greeted them at the door and assured the officers that he was a respectable Cal Tech scientist, and therefore they had no cause for alarm, so they duly left him and his entourage in peace.
. . .
During the course of the war, the powers that be became worried about Jack’s reputation as a hedonist, and convinced him to sell his shares of Aerojet. Parsons took the pay-off, and used the money to devote his time to the fulfillment of his spiritual life, which largely involved more parties, sex, and other debauchery. Also before the war was over, Parsons had begun an affair with Sara “Betty” Northrup, the half-sister of wife, Helen. Helen decided to repay the favor by running off with O.T.O. head Wilfred Smith.
. . .
The U.S. Air Force advised the FBI that the USAF had been monitoring Parsons and his relationship with Crowley, and had observed that: “A religious cult, believed to advocate sexual perversion, was organized at subject’s home at 1003 South Orange Grove Avenue, Pasadena, California, which has been reported subversive…” Parsons lost all privileges with regards to security clearance.
. . .
In any case, the works of Parsons were systematically expunged from the academic papers stored at Cal Tech. At first, he became a footnote in the technical papers, and as time progressed, the footnotes disappeared also.
. . .

= = = =
"THE LAST OF THE MAGICIANS"
motherboard.vice.com...
= = =
"THE HELL PORTAL WHERE NASA'S ROCKET KING HUNG OUT WITH L. RON HUBBARD"
motherboard.vice.com...
= = =
"The strangely true connection between Scientology, the Jet Propulsion Lab, and Occult Sorcery"
io9.gizmodo.com...
= = =
"Occultist father of rocketry 'written out' of Nasa's history"
www.wired.co.uk...
= = =
Jack Parsons Occult Practicioner and NASA Employee
www.spookscentral.com...
= = =
"Inconvenient Truth #32; Jack Parson's and the Occult."
sleepbutawhile.com...

. . .
He was also a Satanic occultist who worked with Aleister Crowley (“The Beast”) and Ron L. Hubbard (Scientology) in Satanic rituals. Jack Parson’s made it a ritual before every test flight of his rocket’s to say a prayer to his “god” Pan (in reality Satan)…
. . .
“Jack Parsons, along with Ron L. Hubbard, carried out a highly satanic ritual in 1946 “…known as the “Babalon [sic] Working, a ceremony in which the “whore of Babylon” was invoked to attract an “elemental” with whom Parsons could conceive a “moonchild” to usher in a new age. the ceremony involved annointing objects with menstrual blood, invoking spells and incantations, and Parsons’ act of masturbating (using his “magic wand”).

= = =

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

a reply to: elysiumfire

I gather you have a very difficult time distinguishing between notes quoting the speaker on the youtube vs the OP poster.

Your assertions might be less embarrassing if you could learn to distinguish between those two sorts of things.

you talk a lot of trash for someone who took an anonymously posted robotically narrated youtube video at its word concerning a paranormal event that ALLEGEDLY took place at cern even though there arent any other reliable corroborating sources. a little less snark from the easily impressed, please. you arent doing yourself any favors by attacking well meaning skeptics who have honest critiques to share. particularly given how little you have brought to the table. thank you for your understanding.

edit on 10-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I see you chose to ignore the requested OP topic and engage in the typical rant.

Cute.

Guess what, as I noted in the OP, my chosen OP topic was to use the story as a spring board toward discussing the possibilities AS THOUGH the story was true; PRETENDING the story was true.

Of course, predictably, those given to frothing at the fingers at the mere sight of my posting CHOSE to IGNORE the OP topic and to use the thread as an excuse to personally assault and rant against my perspectives.

What an unclever deflection from the OP.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join