It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Facebook Phenomenon .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

no, you DONT "got it".

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I think he just feels like arguing. It's like he's bringing his Facebook feed to ATS or something.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: veracity

I think he just feels like arguing. It's like he's bringing his Facebook feed to ATS or something.

Nice, a triangulation using a third party to enforce your own self-delusions, because somewhere deep down I've damaged your ego and now your mental is exerting physical energy to prove me wrong. Cheers

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I bet he was so annoying that all his fb friends deleted him so now he comes here

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I bet he was so annoying that all his fb friends deleted him so now he comes here

I've been here 4 years longer than you

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

Too long, didn't read.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Difference between Facebook and ATS is that you can be found and killed on Facebook for expressive your point of view where is on ATS you can be anonymous and people are forced to read your replys. Also on Facebook people can eliminate your point of view by removing you.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: subfab

originally posted by: introvert

I'm not an old fart and I have people act shocked when they ask me to friend them on facebook and I have to tell them I do not use facebook. They tell me to "get with the times". I tell them I am a grown man. Perhaps they should grow up as well.

i too get looks of confusion when i say i don't have a social media account.

they ask, "why"
i respond, "i like my privacy and i don't trust social media."

I just answer, "why would I?"
I bet mine ends the conversation faster than yours.

you would win that bet

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Especially with FB's blatant promotion of Leftist political ideals and blocking Right leaning news. It's scary to think that the younger generation are exposed to years of positive Leftist stories before they can vote. Most young people vote for what's popular and have no concept of critical thought or dissection of the Media

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
ATS wouldn't post what in write or pc glitch...
edit on 7/14/2016 by AlexandrosTheGreat because:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Don't know why it won't post what I wrote
edit on 7/14/2016 by AlexandrosTheGreat because:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I agree that most of what I see on FB is BS

But it also depends upon what circle of friends you run with. I am heavily involved in the fitness community and I'd say 90% of my feed is focused on on physical health and wellness, nutrition and exercise... plus a lot of the feel good stuff, motivational posts and such. I also like the fact that a lot of people can't get away with things anymore like elderly abuse, veteran abuse, child abuse and animal abuse.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I noticed the low quality early on, and decided I would try an experiment -- the "you are what you eat" or "as above, so below."

I began posting stuff I wanted to see -- science things and op-eds (generally fairly neutral in tone and things I found funny or interesting (like Government Drones Will Shoot Vaccinated M&Ms at Ferrets (yes, really)) I linked to daily cartoon strips I liked (no videos, no music) and unfollowed but did not unfriend one or two.

After a week or so, my feed cleaned up. I was getting better quality material in the promoted links (Mainly interesting news stories with a slant more aligned with my political view.) There's no nastiness on my feeds and folks will tag me with dinosaur stories (or place links on my timeline.)

Facebook's algorithms are designed to give you content you want (edited to add - or things it THINKS you want based on what you respond to, what you click, and what you hide)... the reverse side of this is you have to know how to game the system.
edit on 14-7-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Saw this today on...... Facebook and it seemed apt:

This is where we are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join