It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swat killed sniper. Used "bomb", blew him and guns to hell. Gun Control?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

Well, I do too and I support that to a degree. But honestly? I know a few folks I'd rather NOT have one. Several are my ex's!!

Thank you, MS

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I can appreciate the sentiment...but restraint is important. Look at what wouldnt have happened in many of these shootings if restraint was used? We wouldnt be here talking now.

Im going walking the dog now...11pm in the dark neighborhood. A shame I have to be armed with a 45 and my headphones on low,. But you know what? Ill train. Ill stay licensed and legal. And will defend myself and others should I have too. I am not over anxious though...

Best to you, thanks for the reply.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Yeah...you know? I cannot figure out what idiot said "Hey guys! I know! Let's blow the bastard up!"

What knucklehead thought that up??

Crazy...just nutz!

Thanks AMPTAH, MS

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Agreed...except some of my ex's. After all...I was a touring rocker in the 60's-70s-80s...to this day when a woman walks up to me and say "Hey! I think I know you! Arent you....?"

I back up and say "Wait. I dont owe you any money or fathered any of your children did I?!" If the answer is "no"...then I'm good....

Otherwise...I duck...they could be packin'!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
Hey bubba, I was just pointing out that violence is rampant, and it is.

I have been alive long enough to see one generation could walk to school with very little fear, then the next has to be a little more leery, today no one really walks to school because some pervert grabs them and kills them after having their way with them.

gangs increased and their killing has quadrupled in the last 40 years and are now prevalent in areas so rural you would not even think it was possible.

More wars have been fought in the last hundred years than all wars preceding the 1900's.

Murder of such trivial things as T-shirts, Tennis shoes and water has increased 100 fold since the 1940's

So I'm sorry no matter what you say you will not convince me this world is less violent.

edit on 9-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

I am afraid youre quite right about that.....

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I didnt think of that. Youre spot on....

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Cant wait for that explanation to come down...and then it will be b.s. You know it will....
Thanks

MS

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

edit due to me being dyslexic.
edit on 9-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Is that a serious comment? Really?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Change the weapon, the laws. Let governments come after our only derense against governments on waves of violence our governments might be largely responsible for
in the first place. We are the only on planet species that commits murder. Address any sympton you like. We love to kill each other and that is the disease. Nothing will change until we do.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Yep. Ive always believed that if we want other life forms from elsewhere in dimensions and star systems to make contact if they are really out there...we 1st have to stop our killing between races and each other.

Contact will never happen until we stop killing..and realize what one race we really are: the HUMAN one...Im afraid I may not see it in my lifetime....

We are continually and aggressively increasing our destroying of us and our planet....

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

When the thought of having to kill another human being keeps us all from becoming cops. It will be a good indicator. Becase as much as hate to say it. A police FORCE, is where the disease will gravitate.
edit on Rpm70916v25201600000001 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I still find it amusing how they went from self inflincted gunshot to we blew him up with a bomb lol. Like "oh well when we first got there it looked like he shot himself in the head but upon closer inspection there was nothing left! Then we remembered Johnny sent a robot packing C4 up there."

Seems rather wasteful and slow moving as well. Next time this route is used i bet they strap that baby to an RC car. Vroom vroom.
edit on 10-7-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Hey bubba,

sup shorty

today no one really walks to school because some pervert grabs them and kills them after having their way with them.

Incorrect

gangs increased and their killing has quadrupled in the last 40 years and are now prevalent in areas so rural you would not even think it was possible.

Incorrect

More wars have been fought in the last hundred years than all wars preceding the 1900's.

All quiet on the western front.

Murder of such trivial things as T-shirts, Tennis shoes and water has increased 100 fold since the 1940's

When you have more people, more of everything happen, but proportionally, things are becoming very peaceful.At least things are a lot better than when lynch mobs used to roam around in rallys in the last century.

So I'm sorry no matter what you say you will not convince me this world is less violent.

I simply am showing facts.
You are a product of hysterical television painting your world view verses simply understanding statistics, and perhaps going outside your house to experience the world as it is in reality..but its ok..keep watching the news and get worried isis is about to kick your door in.

This was more for people who would think you are actually making a point. a voice of facts and reason to counter the absurdity fear cult mindset.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It is so nice to see people who trust the MSM. Get out in the real world you will see the truth.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
the "good guy with a gun" narrative should be dead now

mateen faced a good guy with a gun and killed 50 and johnson targeted good guys with guns and killed 5

the US streets look like baghdad or a game of halo

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It is so nice to see people who trust the MSM. Get out in the real world you will see the truth.

...dude...you trust the msm..you are parroting their fear.
I am showing you simple statistics, not some msm, and my passport looks like it went to war with a stamp factory. have you even left your state in the last 20 years?

you are the one that needs to shut the tube off. I never watch television, therefore not influenced by it. you are paralyzed with false fear and skewed fear-mongering "news"

cant walk down the street without being raped, cant leave the doors unlocked..where are you living? kabul?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

No I trust what I see everyday in the real life world.

I see at least one person shot and killed everyday at the hospital I work at. We see at least two stabbings a day, we see thieves getting shot for breaking into an occupied house every week (you don't hear about all of them in the MSM). And we have seen seven people killed in their homes by thieves who broke in, one of which was a 70 year old women bludgeoned to death while she slept (never made it to the MSM). See have gang shootings, knifing and bludgeonings on a daily basis.

Over the last three years we have had two mothers killed by their own children, we have seven 6 children killed by their parents, We have seen 15 murder suicides (many of which never made it to the MSM). WE have seen in the last three years 168 missing children under the age of 18, 6 missing mothers, 8 missing persons over the age of 18.

And all this from a some what rural city in the Bible belt.

I would quote more but time for me to go to work.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

No I trust what I see everyday in the real life world.

what you see is anecdotal accounts based on your work that does not reflect reality.

a person at ground zero of a earthquake may think the entire world is crumbling apart, but thats because they are standing right at ground zero. the reality is that the world is fine and this is just a statistical anomoly. You work in a hospital..therefore you see a lot of bad stuff.
Do you think you would have that same view if you worked at say, a library or dentist office? no..you would think the world is calm and contemplative, or full of candy...because that would be your experience.
bad stuff has been going on forever. being a cop or a doc will jade you, but those experiences are not the norm, that is an exceptional view of the dark underbelly humanity offers. It is your choice however to accept it as the norm (its not), or to understand your viewpoint is not relevant to the greater worldview but instead built on extreme examples

A fireman doesn't think the world is on fire. I would say try to adopt that stance..and trust simple statistics...stop watching terror news. its their job to keep you frightened and tuned in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join