It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says U.S. 'not as divided as some have suggested'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

In a country thats bi-polar er I mean bi-partisan it's hmm what to buy and sell stock in.

In this day an age there are only two choices.

Ruger, and Smith, and Wesson.

The rest are either private or foreign owned.
edit on 9-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

In this day an age there are only two choices. Ruger, and Smith, and Wesson. The rest are either private or foreign owned.

Oh now I get all the gun humper threads.
You own stock & these paranoid posts are merely an attempt to get the gullible to by more & more weapons to increase your portfolio.

Sly devil you

K~

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Obama just made an unintentional and careless mistake is all.

After all, he can't just say his plans are an ongoing agenda.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Racial division has only gotten worse over the last 8 years, and all the progress made in the last 50 years is being undone.

Is this the "change" Obama was talking about?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Almost half of Americans — 49 percent — say racism is a “big problem” in society today, according to a poll conducted by CNN and the Kaiser Family Foundation.
That’s a greater percentage than in 2011 — 28 percent — or in 1995, when 41 percent said racism was a “big problem.”

I swear he's saying this dumb stuff intentionally.

No teleprompter, and probably wrote it himself.

He is consistent, gotta give him that!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It's the media pushing the agenda.

I walk around town where the is a healthy mix if black and white people and I don't see the same problems.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

From outside my door, I agree 100%.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
in a nation of 300 million, the acts of a few are not a good sample size, lol

going forward, if you are a partisan divider, you are part of the problem

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

From outside my door, I agree 100%.

There is racism issues but it's not with the common people.

There are 2 areas right outside of town where there is known racism but minorities stay out of there and so do I.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

We're being fed $hit and expected to like the taste. The only reason these news sources divulge information is to garner more clicks/profits. Among others, we need a media revolution and in a bad way.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

there is polarization between a very intense minority, and a majority of Americans who actually think that we could be doing better when it comes to gun safety.

Hmmm, I see how that works.

"There is polarization between a very intense minority, and a majority of Americans who actually think that we could be doing better when it comes to keeping our locker rooms safe for women and children."

Any bets on which side he took in that debate?

"There is polarization between a very intense minority, and a majority of Americans who actually think that a marriage is between a man and woman."

Gosh, I think we all know which side he took in that debate too. And before we go there, remember, most times people voted gay marriage was voted down.

Now, I understand we have all debated these issues until we are blue in the face, but my point is that his interpretation of minority v. majority and when he decides that might makes right is very convenient depending on his personal agenda. So maybe he ought to stick it in his ear. If he really had the majority he claimed, he would be calling for an actual Amendment to the COTUS. That he doesn't should tell you all you need to know about how much of a majority he knows he truly has.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Seems like Obama is intentionally defending the Black Lives Matter terrorist organisation and their ideological hatred of whites.

Anything to advance the totalitarian agenda of the regressive left he seems to have shackled himself to.

more division = more violence = more justification for totalitarian surveillance and other measures (firearms confiscation and the like).

edit on -050008pm7kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Let's try not to lose our minds okay? BLM is not hatred of whites. They are against systemic racism in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.

It's a ridiculous notion that the President of the United States claiming we are more united than divided should cause more division. Maybe for people who have become Anti-American Extremists who no longer believe or want a United States.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Obama says U.S. 'not as divided as some have suggested'

So his plan is to ramp it up . He realizes he does not have much time to finish his agenda.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
He's ruined race relations.We came together after 9/11 and now we're divided as ever.

I recall Muslim Americans being treated like sh*t after 9/11, what world do you live in sir?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

originally posted by: avgguy
He's ruined race relations.We came together after 9/11 and now we're divided as ever.

I recall Muslim Americans being treated like sh*t after 9/11, what world do you live in sir?

I recall people bending over backwards not to treat them that way because they were ours and Americans too, but maybe my part of the country is different than yours?

I know it inspired me to learn about Islam because I felt I ought to better understand my Muslim students at the time.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Yeah he ruined race relations by presidenting while being black.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The media is casting an illusion of racial divide.

Yes, there are people who are blatantly racist. Doesn't matter what their background is, white, black, hispanic, asian, indian there are racists.

But I think overall, no, I don't think anyone wants god damn race wars or killings in the street.

but when you are bombarded with messages in the media 24/7...psychologically, it will warp people's minds and people will begin to think "oh no...i'm white/black/etc...this person who is coming towards me hates me because i'm white/black/etc and may do something to me"

the mass media, and the government are trying to divide the populace, especially the poorly educated who cannot see through the illusion being cast, at the behest of the financial elite.

the recent video releases of police killings, and the terrorist attack on officers in Dallas, is in my opinion a coordinated attempt to ignite a powder keg.

I do not believe the official story of the Dallas attack. who was the man in the mask on the street? who were the snipers?

they want us at each other's throats for a reason and it has been ramped up.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: supremecommander

Yeah he ruined race relations by presidenting while being black.

pretty much. To some, he has ruined race relations because...he's not white. PERIOD.

and I am NOT a fan of his because he picked up right where Bush left off. But this nonsense that he has divided the country isn't about anything that he's done or said, its because he is a black man and you have many pieces of trash who believe that non whites have no place when it comes to leading a country.

But yet, these same people that claim Obama has divided the country flock right to Donald Trump, who has alienated minorities with his rhetoric. Do you see how dishonest and warped the racist mind is???

edit on 9-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join