It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about Kitties.

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I've had cats my whole life. If you get the right one they make a helluva companion. So many different personalities. My kids brought me Isis about 2 years ago. That's what her name is but cats get other names as you get to know them. I also call her Pretticus Puddicus.
She's all black except her eyes and mouth(really cute when the pink tongue is sticking out).

That's not her. I'm tech lame but it close enough for government work. Oh and she has a black spot on the top of her mouth about the size of a lima bean.

She is a loving cat but overly so. She nuzzles.
Quite talkative too. I'm not talking about caterwauling, which she does when she's in heat. Yeah. I'm not getting her fixed. I don't want to kill the kittie in her. I'll put up with the noise. She's an indoor cat anyway. Originally my choice. Now it's hers. She got out last year and loved the back yard. She made her way to the front.
A highway and loads of commerce across it. She climbed my son like a fire truck ladder. Hasn't had any desire for the great outdoors since.
The only downside I can see is that she's not quite 4 pounds. VERY health but also very active.

She's not picky about the people she encounters except my girls. Can't figure that one out. She just doesn't like them. Her first owner was over last year and she went ape#. Hissing, clawing, the whole nine yards. Apparently when her litter was born he thought it funny to blow weed smoke in their faces. I wanted to bash him myself but that's assault. I can see why they took her before she was old enough. I figure 3-4 weeks old. I had to teach her how to clean her eyes.

She's a cat which means she CAN get pissy. She hates it when I go out over night. Even if someone else is here. I get back and get the stink eye unless it's total ignoring. That lasts about 2 hours.
A good companion. Share yours if you like. Their quirks can be amusing.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I saw the title of this thread, and my first thought was.... "KITTIES!!!!"

I haven't owned a cat (or been owned by a cat) for quite a few years, and I've chosen not to have another kitty friend in my life until we own a house and no longer rent - it's just too unstable for pet-life and trying to find houses that actually allow pets.

My old cat was named Squishee, and he liked to pick fights with the vaccuum cleaner.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
These are Ocicats. Joshua is the orange one. Jericho is the darker one. The boyz are litter mates. In the 60's someone tried to put Siamese points on Abyssinians. They always got spots instead, and they bred true, hence a new breed. They also have a bit of American Shorthair. So although they look exotic and wild they are actually from two of the oldest domestic breeds in the world. Unlike Siamese, they have a peculiar and soft meow, preferring to speak in sign language. They are extremely smart, curious, and very gregarious, having never met a stranger. When they greet you they roll over on their backs to have their tummies scratched, and unlike most cats, won't curl into a ball and scratch you when you do that. They can open cupboard drawers, not to mention doors.

They weigh 15-18 pounds apiece and are now 4 years old. There are very few breeders in the country. We traveled to Sacramento to get these. Prior we had four Siamese at once, so this is quite a change. As you might expect, they are inseparable. Also unlike Siamese, they really don't shed much at all. Jericho likes to curl up with books and "read," flipping off a paperback every few days for a new one. Joshua prefers to eat them, and he's also the resident foodie, which is probably why he is a couple of pounds heavier. A fresh piece of cooked chicken tender every day is preferable to canned food, though they do have an expensive brand of dry on demand. They do play ball like a dog, except with scrunched up pipe cleaners. we call the game "Fetch!" Their spots are 100% identical.

edit on 7/9/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

This is Hermes.

He's a total a** hole, but we love each other. He's 2 now, a rescued barn cat, and he's still extremely shy when it comes to new people. He's so hilarious, and brings me a bit of joy everyday. He likes to cuddle me at night, but it's our secret.

This is his aunt-cousin incestual relative The Cat.

She was rescued from the same barn, and I was sure she wouldn't make it, so she got no name, and it stuck. She's a total lady, cuddly, and kind of aloof. She loves to steal the dogs beds and blankets. She's 3 now, and I'm hoping for 20 more years.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler omg! Muscles! Wouldn't want mess with that pair!😌

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct my cat wants to meet your Hermes.😊

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
My little one sorta looks like the blue tabby,
Video okay? He cost 40$ from the paper
And is looking for friends, not sparring partners.
youtube,similar in looks
Great thread, OP!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci Awes, my dad had cat named squishi. Can't remember her adopted name, she was very smart and my dad got along well with her

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Beautiful cats all. Happy too, you can tell.

Some people just don't get cats. See this ad:

That indoor cat looked damn happy to me.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Lol! This commercial always makes me laugh, too.

Thanks Koodo, your service is going to shorten my lifespan and make me more prone to feline disease? Awesome. Switching right away.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

An American cat named One-two-three and a French cat named un-deux-trois fell into a river.

Which one swam?

The American cat.

Why?

Because Un-deux-trois-quatre. . . cinq!

I'm an old fart but I do love cats.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
We have three.

Missy is our former feral. She's old and has hyperthyroid disease. So she's thin as a rail and I have to treat her with a hormone ointment in her ear. She thinks she's constantly starving, and I think the treatment is losing ground. I think we may have to let her go when winter sets in. She's a torty with the bad attitude to match. I'll be sad to see her go. She adopted us, and while she's always been aloof, she has shaped up into a decent pet.

Peeps is a roly poly too fat tabby. The shelter we adopted her from told us that her mother was supposed to be an Abyssinian who got out at the wrong time. How true that is? I don't know. She's thoroughly neurotic and thoroughly overweight despite all our efforts to ration her food. She is in the habit of making little chirruping sounds when she goes about doing things. That combined with her huge eyes rimmed in dark markings (like Kohl) gave her the name - Peeps.

Teddy is our big bear. Husband brought him home from someone else who rescued him. He's a Ragdoll. His first owners had the brilliant idea to declaw the poor boy on all four, so he's now a bit bitey which can be annoying and painful given how very large he is. When he decides to occupy my lap, there is no working around him. He's just that big.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I have a cat that highly dislikes me, and it's the only animal of any variety that doesn't love me. But when she is in heat so loves me the most. Maybe that's why she doesn't like me other times? Upset i wont let her have it lol. I also have another black and white kitty thay my father found a few weeks old dodging cars on a bridge in a busy city. We call him guito cuz he has giant arm pit hair hahah.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I forgot. Isis hates loud noises. She's cool with my grandson but when he cries she jumps up on my lap and puts her paws on my face and her look seems to say, "WTF is going on here. Do something."

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid omg, I was with cat with same name after the Egyptian deity..she preferred my BB at time and played helpless with him even though she took down a squirrel and left it for gift in basement... and I found the yucky stuff a bit later than should have been intended to clean her skill,
Just showed up at the door one day.
Your dear sounds pretty loyal!😊

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I didn't think that Kitticus could love me more BUT.... always being a nuzzler she's lovin my new beard. She gets lovin and groomed at the same time.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It's only dirty if you have a dirty mind.

Meaow.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yeah. Cutting her talons is a PITA. Trying that would be suicide.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Try giving her a bath.

top topics

join