It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Spent $120,000 on Luxury Trip With Trump Foundation Money At 2008 Charity Auction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Wow! I mean....wow! Again, here he is using his charity to give money to a cause. However, in this case it was not a football it was so he could have dinner with none other than Salma Hayek. I would have to say he does not hate Latinos

In 2008, at a gala hosted by Gucci benefiting Madonna’s charity, Donald Trump paid $120,000 for a tour of a France’s Chateau Latour vineyard. As auctioneer Chris Rock described, the tour would include a lunch with “Salma Hayek and her breasts.”

Link

Is he in more hot trouble for 'donating' money from his charity to another charity? I mean, it was not like a private dinner alone...he did not even attend

The trip reportedly included a tour of the famed Chataeu Latour vineyard and a meal with actor Salma Hayek and her husband, the French billionaire François-Henri Pinault, whose family owns the vineyard. Trump himself didn’t go on the trip, an aide told BuzzFeed News, but said that she did not know what became of the auction prize. Asked if it had been given to someone else, she reiterated that she didn’t know.

"Tax Experts" contacted BuzzFeed and they said that it could be 'self dealing' but that would only apply if he had taken the trip. Now, what is more suspect is the fact that Gucci wrote it down at 145k and Trump showed donating 107k from his foundation. I wonder if the truth is on his secret server in Mar-a-Lago...
edit on 07pm31pmf0000002016-07-09T16:41:17-05:000417 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
Huh? looks like a bunch of spin...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If what he did is completely legal, who cares?

What is the point of this thread?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Oh it is. I think the article itself is a riot. They make it sound like he paid for a 'rape date' if you read the article. I just do not understand how anyone could be upset when someone has a foundation and they 'donate' money. You read about people complaining he does not give enough personally or to quick but then at the same time ding him for donating for a football.

The Left...they like to have it both ways.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

What does the Left have to do with this?

This is a piece from gawker. It's like TMZ.

What a stupid topic to put in the mud pit.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It seems that one can start a charity and use the donations to buy things from other charities to where it is perfectly legal.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

So, he used foundation money to donate to Madonna’s charity, and then never even used the "prize" that came along with the donation.

I don't see the problem here.

Don't charity foundations sometimes use their funds to contribute to other charities?

Yes they do and can:
source

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The lefts only hope of beating trump is to make him unlikable enough for people to vote for Hillary

They MSM will attack him not stop for that goal.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

When you are "buying" something from a charity, it is usually a donation.
Charities have fundraiser auctions all the time.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
then why such the big deal in this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Grimpachi you had at least 7 or 8 replies...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

As I said it looks like it is perfectly legal. I just think it is shady.

IMO a real charity is where things are donated and you don't get something in return, but that might just be me.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Personally, I see nothing wrong with it but I am sure the HuffPost will be running in the next day or so. It will have a headline like "Trump pays 140k for Mexican Boobs...."

I just wanted to see what people would say after the other thread that was much less. People were furious that he had done it and i do not understand why someone should get beat down for contributing money to charity.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline

The lefts only hope of beating trump is to make him unlikable enough for people to vote for Hillary

They MSM will attack him not stop for that goal.

The left isn't Trumps only problem. His own party is going to destroy him at the convention.

Trump has succeeded in alienating minorities, women, jews and the leaders of his own Party. That wasn't the left doing it but Trump himself.

The GOP is not going to allow Trump the nomination.

www.rawstory.com...

edit on 9-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Look into the Clinton foundation or should I say the Clinton Slush fund. They have collected $billions and are spending it on mansions,private jets, etc. They never built the Haitian hospital

top topics

join