It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We cannot judge the whole by the few

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
After all these shootings, I have come to the realization that I am guilty of doing what I was against. Judging different police officers as a whole when it comes to shootings.

What I mean is that when I created a thread regarding the heavily armed white male being taken alive and another thread regarding an unarmed or concealed carrying black male being shot, I realized I linked the three situations when all three are completely different situations in different parts of the country with different LEO's and different mind sets.

I am not very articulate at the moment but I hope you get what I am trying to say. I have been caught up in the BS and think I may have to take a break for while.

edit on 9-7-2016 by shredderofsouls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Yes, you were. Not going to sugar coat my opinion of some of your comments. While some I couldn't disagree with you on, others I felt weren't very fair or even handed.

But I think it says a hell of a lot about you that you recognized something in your comments that you didn't like and did something about it. I think that's to be commended and applauded in the highest order.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

We cannot judge the whole by the few

Oh yes they do, all_day_long.
Everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

Ever more so. And I don't mean cops.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Right, so the few people that use an AR-15 (or similar) for mass murder should not represent the MILLIONS of people that own an AR-15 (or similar) that never use them for mass murder or any murder should not be punished because of the few that use them for such? I totally agree 100%.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Somehow we all seem to do this shred. In my day it was called stereotyping. It seems that so many of us do it and don't even realize it as you say you have. White does it to black does it to white. Left does it to right and right does it to left.
And everybody does it to Muslim.

I kinda think it is like that parable of the mote that we see in someone else's eye while not seeing the log in our own.

new topics

top topics

join