It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist critical of police undergoes use of force scenarios

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is a pretty good look at the split second decisions police have to make. Serious props to this guy for actually going and participating and being open to the whole thing.

It takes a big person to admit when they're wrong, and I'm hoping he spreads the word. He seems like a good dude that cares so I'm sure he will.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Anyone with internet access can go to youtube and search "shootouts" and "police shootouts" and get some perspective. Easier just to be an armchair bitch though.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Star and flag. The video raises some questions and should be spread far and wide. However, and I say this with an open mind so don't go all out here, do you get the feeling that total compliance he speaks of is the end game for the government in all of this?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
Star and flag. The video raises some questions and should be spread far and wide. However, and I say this with an open mind so don't go all out here, do you get the feeling that total compliance he speaks of is the end game for the government in all of this?

Total compliance? That is a NWO issue not a police issue. Police are just local law enforcement paid by local governments. The police Officers are you neighbors and fellow citizens.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Total compliance seems to require total trust. There seems to be no middle ground on either issue in the US. Why is that?

Why is there such an "us vs them" attitude?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Honestly no.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Why is there such an "us vs them" attitude?

that's the society we cultivate. some will sugar coat it.
but this is all many generations witnessed . us vs them. in every aspect of the phrase.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

Total compliance? That is a NWO issue not a police issue. Police are just local law enforcement paid by local governments. The police Officers are you neighbors and fellow citizens.

I mean having a fully compliant population in general not just with regards to law enforcement. I don't mean police men and women all have an all seeing eye imprinted on their chest. They are clearly a group of brave and dedicated people who should be seen as such. I mean hammering home that message in all walks of life you will comply or you will face consequences.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The whole world could benefit from this type of scenario swapping.

I have a dystopian thought... in the future of you are convicted of a hate crime then you are sentenced to live in a VR world as the avatar of the type that your crime was against until you showed understanding.

Movies, books and games about this already exist, i know. It's just i now realize how close we are to that being a possibility.

Good on this dude.

Next up... white cops made up to look black having to interact with white cops. Maybe
edit on 07Sat, 09 Jul 2016 16:10:33 -0500420167America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

I mean having a fully compliant population in general not just with regards to law enforcement. I don't mean police men and women all have an all seeing eye imprinted on their chest. They are clearly a group of brave and dedicated people who should be seen as such. I mean hammering home that message in all walks of life you will comply or you will face consequences.

I think I see what you are getting at and you are not wrong. That is the liberal progressive movement. They want everyone to be exactly the same, act exactly the same and they think that is utopia. Unfortunately for them Humans are individuals. They think on their own and act on their own. They will do what is overall best for them. That is why there will always be conflict.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Aren't police also trained in hand to hand combat?
I thought they were supposed to try everything else first and shoot as a last resort.
Maybe it use to be that way but now I guess it's shoot first ask questions later now.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Use of force continuum spells that stuff out. And cops are not well trained in hand to hand combat unless they do it on their own.

Did you watch the video? Do you think it would have been a good idea to charge the guy at the back of the truck and try to wrestle with him?

And no they can't shoot kneecaps.
edit on 0920160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Aren't police also trained in hand to hand combat?
I thought they were supposed to try everything else first and shoot as a last resort.
Maybe it use to be that way but now I guess it's shoot first ask questions later now.

Dude, if there is a gun involved they are not going to walk up to the guy and try hand to hand............. it takes a fraction of a second to pull the trigger and kill someone.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I did notice one thing. They used an absolute monster of a man in the second serial. They also didn't give him a non lethal option. Any normal person when feeling threatened would try to defend themselves. So you could argue that there was a desired outcome there. Equally though it goes to show how quickly someone can go from carrying out a job to serve and protect and pay their bills to being dead on the street. That is a huge amount of pressure to be under and can be compared to frontline combat in an insurgency type conflict where you can't tell civilian from foe.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I get the message of this video... law inforcement is dangerous, but how is this "experiment" representative in any way?

The guy goes into a solo-approach, without any experience or having absolved 3,5 years of training.

That's hardly realistic.
edit on 9-7-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

What about the two guys fighting? He should just shoot the guy walking at him? Didn't cops use batons to take out someone's knee?
I know if there's a gun then you have to use yours first.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Total compliance with the following orders like:

Don't reach for that
Put your hands _______
Stop doing _______
Stay in your car
Get out of your car
Don't move
Move away

Basic commands

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline

Total compliance with the following orders like:

Don't reach for that
Put your hands _______
Stop doing _______
Stay in your car
Get out of your car
Don't move
Move away

Basic commands

I don't mean from the point of view perhaps I have worded it wrong. Like i said I don't mean specifically regarding police commands I mean in a more broad sense.

new topics

top topics

join