It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brilliant Light Power Demonstration, June 28th 2016

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

I think the ITER and LHC are the biggest scams in history.

Yet the LHC took only about 10 years from the time construction began to the discovery of the Higgs boson, which was by no means the first meaningful discovery made there. It’s already paid for itself several times over in ways that you, not knowing physics and holding religious views about Einstein, can never understand. By contrast, your backyard handyman has taken a quarter-century to produce nothing.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

How's it going Mills?

The only thing telling me you’re wrong is that ATS members rarely have any money.

edit on 11/7/16 by Astyanax because: of an edit.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: TerryDon79

How's it going Mills?

The only thing telling me you’re wrong is that ATS members rarely have any money.

I have to tell you i have seldomly, of ever, seen anyone as stubborn and set and as the op. I mean, this had been going on for years. Same tune. Same dogged belief that the machine is about to be released. That takes a lot of effort...and gulliblity

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

That takes a lot of effort...and gulliblity

Whenever the behaviour of people like the OP seems absurd to me, I remember the Heaven’s Gate cult and realize that there is no limit to the human capacity for self-deception.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Mine's still here, still works & still boots up in 55 seconds......

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yet the LHC took only about 10 years from the time construction began to the discovery of the Higgs boson, which was by no means the first meaningful discovery made there. It’s already paid for itself several times over in ways that you, not knowing physics and holding religious views about Einstein, can never understand. By contrast, your backyard handyman has taken a quarter-century to produce nothing.

The Higgs is a failed attempt to salvage an aether out of Einstein's nonsense. The LHC has resulted in no new material sciences discoveries. It has not helped improve the quality of the human condition at all.

edit on 7/12/2016 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

THAT i agree with, the LHC should be nominated for World's Most Expensive Toy Ever.

The ITER is a move in the right direction but hopelessly overcomplicated, and outdated.
They will get it right, one day........
edit on 12-7-2016 by playswithmachines because: Typo's

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist

The Higgs is a failed attempt to salvage an aether out of Einstein's nonsense. The LHC has resulted in no new material sciences discoveries. It has not helped improve the quality of the human condition at all.

You are wrong. But even if you are right about no practical use coming from it, is it not beneficial for man to understand how the universe and matter/energy works?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

I don’t believe a word of it. I don’t think you even know how a transistor works.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I don’t believe a word of it. I don’t think you even know how a transistor works.

To be fair. Most people don't.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Yes, but you’re claiming to be a computer scientist — with practical experience.

If you blow any harder you’ll blow yourself away.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Yes, but you’re claiming to be a computer scientist — with practical experience.

If you blow any harder you’ll blow yourself away.

I'm not claiming any such thing. You addressed that to the wrong person!

But again, to be fair, I'd imagine most computer experts don't know the quantum processes that go inside a transistor. If that's what you are talking about...I just realised you might be just talking about how one electronically works...In which case, yes. They should know.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Sorry, yes I did aim that at the wrong guy. My apologies.

Yeah, I just meant the electronic-engineer narrative of holes and electrons, not even the actual physics.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hey AC, any news on the machine? Will I be able to get one by Xmas? He must be almost don't with it by now, no?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

LOL next you want to see my CV?
You want the short one or all 37 pages? I was playing with OC71 germanium PNP trannys before the very first chips hit the market. Now tell me which chip it was, without googling it....

Part of my job involves designing circuits, and i'm good at my job.
ETA of course, you already know that germanium, while having a much lower cascade threshold than Silicon, has it's uses. Scrape the paint off a (glass) OC71 & you have a nice photocell.
edit on 14-10-2016 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

sure sure, except being a electrical engineer doesn't mean you are a particle physicist. The LHC has already been a resounding success and has paved the way forward in many fronts from medical to computing.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433

sure sure, except being a electrical engineer doesn't mean you are a particle physicist. The LHC has already been a resounding success

as an experimental apparatus, and a large scientific organization, yes, it and its people perform admirably.

as experimental support for theoretical physics----yes, but only what was already strongly believed to be true in Standard Model. Past that---nothing. Well, we wouldn't have known that before, but Nature is a bitch sometimes.

and has paved the way forward in many fronts from medical to computing.

LHC in particular? Not really that I can see.
edit on 14-10-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel
should look a bit harder sir.

many proofs of concepts for a bit computing technology was developed to solve data sharing and computation requirements by the collaborations on LHC experiments. Only once it was shown to be possible did other industries pop up and start using the same backbones to bring identical services to everyone. hmmmm i wonder what that could be?

Not only this but the development and manufacture of 27km of super conducting magnets also put enough money into the industry which resulted in those industries offering super conducting power transfer systems for power stations.

Development of highly focused particle beams for cancer treatments

Material science - Clean production of vulcanized rubber

Medical imaging - More efficient detector technology developed for use in LHC trackers, have been directly used in PET and CAT scanners such that doseage can be reduced while resolution is improved.

Radiation hard technology production

Development of better ASIC chips, ultra fast signal digitization and processing

Just to mention a few...

Two words - Deny Ignorance

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

You forgot something in amongst all of that.

It doesn't work.

Why, after 25 YEARS and over $60 MOLLION, is there absolutely nothing, NOTHING, in our homes, cars, factories or anywhere else?

Do they need another $60 MILLION?

I say the same thing about the Tokamak, only in their case it's 14 billion rather than 60 million.

Latest test from brilliant light.

Sustained megawatt output without any electrode melting. 99% of the emissions are in invisible UV, so what you're seeing is just 1% of the actual output. Total input power of about 8 kW. This is a test run using production spec refractory materials designed to last indefinitely. Given that there are no moving parts, the system should run continuously without maintenance for years.

Mills is planning to have a production ready prototype Q1 2017 and possibly enter full production with units for sale by the end of 2017.

edit on 10/18/2016 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The Tokamak reactor is real, so it's got that going for it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join