It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Members Annoyed By Silence On Philando Castile

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

definitely hatred is passed on from generation to generation. its doesnt come out of thin air.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

So glad I was born in the mid eighties! Exempt!

I was born in '84 so I'm dangerously close to being a racist myself.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: prepared4truth

Pretty sure the last sentence of Domo's post directly and completely refutes your assertion in your last sentence.

Anecdotal evidence about gun sales. Anecdotal evidence about gun shows. Anecdotal evidence about ranges. Anecdotal evidence about microagression.

There. What a debate this is!

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You're just a little more racist than me!

link   
a reply to: Domo1

Idk, maybe you should ask the gun shop owners who do it which app they use?

It's probably one of those "neighborhood watch" apps that Black people get reported on so often.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

False. Your parents were born in a time of segregation and are probably racists. Since you probably spent a lot of time with them, they had every chance to impart their racist beliefs.

Except you said you're an immigrant so I'm not sure where that puts you as far as blanket statements go. Domo is screwed though.
edit on 9-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

That's right where I started, pay attention.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes but in the context of what I was responding to that doesn't make much sense.

So far I have managed to refute every claim you've made.

When I refer to the board of directors you call them "tokens" when, in fact, they are elected to that position by the membership.

So, what else do you have for me?

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

So....anybody born before, say, 1980 is be default likely racist.

Who then had kids, who grew up with likely racists for parents.

Then those kids had kids, who spent time with people (grandparents) are likely racists.

Huh. I had no idea I'm probably a racist because of when my parents were born.

Many Black people didn't have an idea that they probably had PTSD as children because of when their parents were born, but it happened. We can thank the CIA dumping crack coc aine into Black neighborhoods for that.
edit on 9-7-2016 by prepared4truth because: clarifying CIA involvement in genetic predispositions

link   

Disturbing facts like:

1. Armed robbery 4 days earlier.

2. Car he was in matched the BOLO for the car in the armed robbery mentioned above.

3. He matched the description of one of the armed robbery suspects (shoulder length dreads and mustache and beard).

4. Girlfriend claims he was armed in her video.

5. Previous videos he made with his gf show he was possibly involved with or a member of the Crips.

6. GF claims they were pulled for broken taillight although videos and pictures taken by bystanders show BOTH taillights in working order.

7. Audio of officers has no mention of broken taillights. Audio actually records officers stating they were pulling him over because of the BOLO.

link   

Do you not know that non profit organizations have paid employees?

That's exactly my point... what is yours?

link   

Yea you completely missed my point. Pigeon holing racism to "if you were born in America during X time frame you're probably racist" is a fail. Which is my point.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

False. Your parents were born in a time of segregation and are probably racists. Since you probably spent a lot of time with them, they had every chance to impart their racist beliefs.

Except you said you're an immigrant so I'm not sure where that puts you as far as blanket statements go. Domo is screwed though.

My parents were born in Cuba where racism is a hell of a lot worse there than in the US by far.

Interestingly enough, my parents never were racist.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You actually haven't refuted anything I've said except the satire article I fell for, which I owned up to. You keep claiming you have, that doesn't make it true.

ETA:

When I refer to the board of directors you call them "tokens" when, in fact, they are elected to that position by the membership.

They don't seem to hold real power within the organization, token appointments elected board positions that "don't have the authority to speak for the NRA" every time one of them says something they get too much backlash for.
edit on 7/9/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

so where does racism start if not from your parents?

and i didnt miss any point. what i said stands true. kids today hopefully will have less of that if we can curb the hateful messages that are being spewed by the spawn of racist individuals that raised them that way...

things that will help: more interracial relationships/multiracial children, calling out those for being racist on social media, ending their hateful messages etc etc
edit on 9-7-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You're going to need to clarify your point. I think we're all confused.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

My parents were born in Cuba where racism is a hell of a lot worse there than in the US by far.

Interestingly enough, my parents never were racist.

Hold on. I need a minute to figure out how to pigeon hole your parents and then by extension you. I know there's a blanket statement I can make to cover this I just have to think it up first!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

At what point do you address my actual point instead of asking me to speak to something I did not say?

I stated it. I clarified it when you missed it the first time. Yet you persist in asking me to explain something utterly irrelevant to what I said, and is in fact not what I said at all.

I'm not in the habit of defending or explaining what other members make up and then ascribe to me. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Yes of course the apps, I meant what do the agents do to slow down the process when they are summoned by the gun store owners to slow down the transaction? I guess I haven't been in enough gun shops, never seen that happen.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Yes it is a partnership with the industry for a common interest.

But the NRA does not represent these corporations. That was never the purpose or practice of Ring of Freedom and it isn't now.

The donations received from members is where the NRA-ILA gets their money for lobbying and other functions.

Ring of Freedom members donate to the NRA for other programs like training and certification of instructors and armorers(which is largely a system based on company to company certs), youth programs, and other initiatives.

That's a bit disingenuous.

They do work together for a common interest, but it not simply a relationship in which the NRA takes corporate money to create fluff programs. The NRA still lobbies in favor of the industry as a whole. This program was a way to get around the problem of the manufactures donating money directly to the NRA general fund.

Plausible deniability.

Also, the NRA was a major player in getting the Disclose Act trashed, which would have potentially exposed some of their tactics during campaigns and where their money went.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join