It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Members Annoyed By Silence On Philando Castile

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Man I can't make out anything with the lap picture. Can you draw me an arrow or something aimed at the ejection port?

The rear little nub looks like the bolt/charging handle, as in this pic.

May be a stretch but I do see similarities.

*edit* The picture from the snopes site is bigger when you click on it.
www.snopes.com...

iTruthSeeker
edit on 9-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You scared me.

Washington State law doesn’t require you to update the address on your concealed pistol license when you move. However, if you’d like to voluntarily update your address, the process is the same as when you first applied (except you won’t be fingerprinted):

Whew!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

That looks to be a belt.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Yes, but it may not have been on his person.

There were mentions that it was in the glove box. I do not know the facts on this, here, and I have no urge to watch someone dying on video.

link   

I'm not convinced that is a firearm. It may be, as has been suggested, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know which side he was reaching to get his wallet/ID?

link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: xuenchen

Seriously? That's a way to get dead before the cop ever asks you to roll down your window.

LOL

The entire "stop" took more than 2 minutes before the police even got out of the squad car.

It would have taken 2 seconds for the guy to get his ID in plain sight long before the police saw anything.

The first thing I do when I get pulled over.

Have my id ready.

Both my hands on the steering wheel.

To show I am no threat.

Your kidding right??????
I usually have a gun on my lap, and promptly inform them that I have it. Then I reach down

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yea that varies from state to state. Where I used to live you had to update, but had 90 days to do it and it took all of about ten minutes to do it, even across counties, but didn't automatically invalidate. Where I'm at now, you have 30 days to do it and failure to do so could invalidate your license, thus putting you at risk for catching a carrying concealed charge if stopped.

link   

Ahh OK I can kinda see what you're seeing. Not well enough to be able to even say that's a gun though. So it's actually on his lap and oriented in a much different way how you have it then how I was picturing. Thanks for taking the time!

link   
a reply to: Greven

First off.

According to Mulford, then, openly carrying a gun is an "act of violence or near violence." Apparently Reagan and the NRA agreed.

reason.com...

That is about as ASININE as it gets.

Second:

The Mulford Act was a 1967 California bill that repealed a law allowing public carrying of loaded firearms.

That pretty much speaks for itself.

CALIFORNIA.

en.wikipedia.org...

You should have read the REST of that.

the bill was crafted in response to members of the Black Panther Party who were conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods while they were conducting what would later be termed copwatching. They garnered national attention after the Black Panthers marched bearing arms upon the California State Capitol to protest the bill.[1][2]

The 'Mulford' Act was a bunch of WHITE folks across the nation 'scarred' of black people with guns.

Interesting.

And I thank you for those links.

Which was probably the facilitator of the Gun Control Act of 1968 that followed after.

The NRA should have stood up to it.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: xuenchen

Seriously? That's a way to get dead before the cop ever asks you to roll down your window.

LOL

The entire "stop" took more than 2 minutes before the police even got out of the squad car.

It would have taken 2 seconds for the guy to get his ID in plain sight long before the police saw anything.

The first thing I do when I get pulled over.

Have my id ready.

Both my hands on the steering wheel.

To show I am no threat.

Your kidding right??????
I usually have a gun on my lap, and promptly inform them that I have it. Then I reach down

Whatever you do, do not listen to Neo's advice. Yes, it is best to pull over and put your hands on the steering wheel, but do not start digging for your ID. Wait for the officer to ask you for it. For all he knows, you are digging for a firearm before he gets to the window.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
That seems unnecessarily vindictive, ugh.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

That looks to be a belt.

I don't know. Could be a wallet, belt or gun. I see similarities but would help to see the full object obviously.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Turns out the NRA was not silent on this:

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Turns out the NRA was not silent on this:

mobile.twitter.com...

Ahh this is a thread closed reply. Good find.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

They did finally release a statement, but note the date and the careful legalese.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
“The core of the NRA’s support comes from white, rural and relatively less educated voters. This demographic is currently influential in politics but clearly on the wane.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.people-press.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

They did finally release a statement, but note the date and the careful legalese.

Yeah, it's called waiting for facts. you think the NRA is gonna start accusing cops on a national stage of wrong doing when it doesn't have the facts?

edit on 9 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
“The core of the NRA’s support comes from white, rural and relatively less educated voters. This demographic is currently influential in politics but clearly on the wane.”

www.people-press.org...

So being poor and white+NRA member = racist...

Gotcha.

By the way this doesn't back up your assertion that most of the members don't like brown people.

Got any numbers to back that up? Or will you come back with numbers to another unrelated quip?
edit on 9 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

www.people-press.org...

Propaganda technique number 1.

www.uvm.edu...

link   

So hang on really quick... Do you see the gun being oriented like this on his lap?

You wouldn't be able to see the ejection port, on the wrong side. Glad I had one handy.

That bottom arrow was pointing to the rear sight right?
edit on 0920160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join