It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Members Annoyed By Silence On Philando Castile

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I like to turn on the dome light first if it's at night.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: neo96

White t-shirt vs green long sleeve jersey... you'd think that would be a better comparison than a wide set nose.

The robbery happened 4? days earlier. I should hope whoever the perp was would have changed his shirt by then. They didn't identify him by his clothes on the day he was shot. They suspected him because he was driving a car that matched the BOLO and he matched a general description (shoulder length dreads and facial hair). Try reading the article I presented.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Man I can't make out anything with the lap picture. Can you draw me an arrow or something aimed at the ejection port?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Failure to see satire is not confirmation bias.

And you'd be dragging GOA and NAGR through the same mud if the NRA didn't exist.

If they're guilty of the same revolting behavior, sure.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Isn't that weird? You go to an NRA sponsored event and everybody seems to get along with everybody else.

Take an NRA sponsored class or course, everybody gets along with everybody else.

For such a racist organization they sure do seem to stay quiet about it. Like not even a mouse fart in church quiet.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You should probably read that whole article.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

My gun range has people from all walks of life. It's more diverse than the post office. Everyone is just there to have fun and really are the friendliest people.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Seriously??!!

This wasn't about whether or not the man had a right to conceal and carry. This was about an officer thinking the driver was reaching for his gun! What could the NRA possibly have to say about that?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Can you give proof that Castile had a permit to carry?

If not, you are just making racist statements talking that blah blah blah.

Put up or stop putting up

I would say this should be moved to the grey area, unless there is proof that Castile had a permit.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

The reference to the Black Panther Party probably refers to the Mulford Act enacted in 1967 under Ronald Reagan during his period as Governor of California. This act effectively restricted citizens from carrying guns in public and created one of the countries most strict gun control regulations. This was a direct reaction to the Black Panther Movement’s rise in California and in the 1960s, the NRA would not yet have been a hard-line advocate for gun ownership rights. In the 1980s Reagan changed his opinion on the subject. He would begin to actively encourage 2nd amendment rights to keep citizens safe from the despotism that could be enacted by government, just what African Americans had been hoping to achieve in the 1960’s when he had instead endorsed the Mulford Act. The post 1977 NRA endorsed their first presidential candidate, Ronald Reagan, after both had switched to a more strict 2nd amendment rights defense.

So, to a certain extent the statement is true; The NRA was supportive of gun control in the 1960s during the Black Panther Movement. But by the late 1970s the organization’s goals had changed and both groups would advocate minimum restrictions on gun ownership

Nothing. I was addressing a separate question.

Jim Crow gun control was not the NRA. Which is what I was referring to.

The Mulford act was NOT explicitly endorsed by the NRA.

BUT, Ronald Reagan sure did love gun control both this and several other acts as Governor and president and thereafter endorsed and codified several gun control initiatives.

You should note that I am no Reagan fan.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

i had no idea that the majority of the NRA is compromised of hispanic immigrants. thats news to me. thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

If they're guilty of the same revolting behavior, sure.

I just proved how not guilty they are using your own sources.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
From what I understand, the girlfriend did not start recording until after the man was shot.

Also, the man did apparently have a permit to carry, but a stillshot of the video his girlfriend took may show a firearm was sitting in his lap.

The PD in MN have confirmed that he did not have any CCW licence issued by them.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's not weird, I never said all the members were racist, I said the Organization is. It's the members calling out the NRA that caused the article to happen.

link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

i had no idea that the majority of the NRA is compromised of hispanic immigrants. thats news to me. thanks

I'm not the only one.

Racism is painting with a broad brush based on skin color.

Which is what you're doing. But because you're trashing white gun owners it's ok.

Again, go get bent.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: introvert

He matched a "wide set nose".

Yes, that it what I read.

I'm unsure what to think of it.

link   

originally posted by: thinline

Can you give proof that Castile had a permit to carry?

If not, you are just making racist statements talking that blah blah blah.

Put up or stop putting up

I would say this should be moved to the grey area, unless there is proof that Castile had a permit.

The Ramsey Sherriff Department claims Mr Castile never applied for a gun permit through their office. Is that true? I don't know. Just another piece of the puzzle.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

And others just blame things, and organizations like the NRA.

Pot meet kettle.

As Kali mentioned in a reply, the NRA once supported gun control - gun control pushed by Republicans because a black militia group was open carrying in California.

Republican Don Mulford, for which the Mulford Act is named (restricting open carry in California), got supportive letters from the NRA.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: introvert
From what I understand, the girlfriend did not start recording until after the man was shot.

Also, the man did apparently have a permit to carry, but a stillshot of the video his girlfriend took may show a firearm was sitting in his lap.

The blurry screen capture of the live video shows a gun now?

Looks more like a black wallet with a bill partly sticking out (the lighter color triangle shaped thing) at a slight angle, to me.

That is what has been claimed. I'm not stating anything as fact. That is why I said "may" show a firearm.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You did no such thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join