It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Members Annoyed By Silence On Philando Castile

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

WHAT'S TRUE: Police who pulled over and killed Philando Castile reported they thought he might have resembled a suspect in an armed robbery case.

That's getting a little pedantic.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

He matched a "wide set nose".

link   
a reply to: Domo1

The police officer was acting out of 'reasonable suspicion'. Which is fine and part of his job.

Everything that happened after that is what has me concerned.

link   

The more I dig the more it looks like a bad shoot.

I'm torn. I thought it was at first, that cop was not in a great place mentally he sounded panicked AF.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You're right, it doesn't. Hence why I hesitate to put the NRA on blast for not jumping in to a situation where a lot of information seems to be missing.

As much of an oddity as it may be on ATS, some folks still like to have all the information possible before producing an opinion on something.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I know this is from a conservative site but it does a pretty good job of pulling information from various sources, including local media.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

It includes the radio communications of the officers before the car was pulled over and some screenshots from the video. I would suggest reading the entire article before blowing it off as conservative spin. It is really a comprehensive account with good detail.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
From what I understand, the girlfriend did not start recording until after the man was shot.

Also, the man did apparently have a permit to carry, but a stillshot of the video his girlfriend took may show a firearm was sitting in his lap.

The blurry screen capture of the live video shows a gun now?

Looks more like a black wallet with a bill partly sticking out (the lighter color triangle shaped thing) at a slight angle, to me.

link   
a reply to: Domo1

No proof? So because you don't have your proof you just assume he's a criminal illegally carrying a gun? Well, if you bothered to look a Minnesota outlet has confirmed he was a legit carry holder.

m.startribune.com...

Castile had a valid permit to carry a gun when he was shot and killed by a St. Anthony police officer, a source confirmed to the Star Tribune Friday....

....Although the names of gun permit holders are not public under state law, a source confirmed Castile was issued the permit when he lived in Robbinsdale.

edit on 9-7-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

I know this is from a conservative site but it does a pretty good job of pulling information from various sources, including local media.

It includes the radio communications of the officers before the car was pulled over and some screenshots from the video. I would suggest reading the entire article before blowing it off as conservative spin. It is really a comprehensive account with good detail.

This is the source discussed in the Snopes article.

Seems this conservativetreehouse website is a bull# peddling factory.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Funny you defend the man apart that failed Bundy takeover who was shot by the FBI but this black man makes you go hmmm...

m.startribune.com...

“He’s licensed to carry, he was trying to get his ID, his wallet out of his pocket and he let the officer knew he had a firearm and was reaching for his wallet,” Reynolds said in the video as a bloodied Castile lay in the driver’s seat dying.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: introvert

He matched a "wide set nose".

There was more to it than that. Let's not be disingenuous. The car matched the vehicle BOLO from an armed robbery.

link   

It's been useful in the past (Michael Brown shooting) for trying to do some sort of investigation, which has provided images that were beneficial. However, it is bad about jumping to conclusions and has been.

On another note, something to consider...
Black Man vs White Man Open Carrying AR-15 Legally

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Some folks, a very small minority of them.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well I guess the NRA should have shot off their mouths before the investigation was complete.

The good ole NRA some peoples favorite manufactured villain.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

We must have very different definitions of unfounded.

Gun Control, Racism and the NRA

NRA President: It's Only A Matter Of Time Before We Own Colored People Again

He must have become president by magic...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Waiting for facts never stopped them before.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I've seen that already. A source confirmed. That could be anyone. If they said a source inside LE I would be much more likely to believe them. I don't assume he was a criminal, just an irresponsible driver.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Khaleesi

This is the source discussed in the Snopes article.

Seems this conservativetreehouse website is a bull# peddling factory.

If snopes is debunking this article then they are debunking local media and the police communications because theconservativetreehouse sourced their article.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Read it or don't.

bluelivesmatter.blue...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
honestly i am not surprised. look at the type of individual that makes up the majority of the NRA...yeah they dont get along with people outside of their own race.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join