It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Members Annoyed By Silence On Philando Castile

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Kali74

I don't believe for a second that the NRA would be silent if the he had been white.

Oh, bull#.

Colion Noir is the NRAs most popular commentator and reviewer. This is just an NRA smear.

Didn't you notice Kali's attempt to smear anyone who supports the second amendment as "fetishists who scream 2nd" amongst other insults?...

Not to mention that the staff is apparently not doing anything about a "scholar member of ATS" making such derogatory comments in her thread...

I saw the original video when it was first posted in another thread, and it only showed him shot. Which is probably why a lot of people who defend the second amendment didn't defend Castile, we didn't see what led to him being shot...

edit on 10-7-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I support the 2nd.

No mods did anything about the insults hurled at me either. But then again I very rarely hit the report button. I also posted this in the mud pit.

making such derogatory comments in her thread

That is hilarious coming from you.
edit on 7/10/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

honestly i am not surprised. look at the type of individual that makes up the majority of the NRA...yeah they dont get along with people outside of their own race.

I don't think painting with a broad brush and generalizing does anyone any good.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Odd how that works, isn't it? Even this non member, and sometime critic, is treated well. Mostly because I share the same passions.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

I don't think painting with a broad brush and generalizing does anyone any good.

Isn't that what the op did? Calling those of us supporting the second as "fetishists and bigots who belong in the kkk"?... It's right there in her first post in this thread...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Anti-environmentalists?

Not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand, but I'll take a swipe at it.

An organization like the NRA, which has championed hunting rights for decades has also, if you care to look, championed such things as wetland preservation, wildfire prevention, etc...

No, they don't make a big production out of it, but their public events usually have, by invitation, organizations like Ducks, unlimited, which works to aid in wetland preservation. I also, to my absolute shock, once so a Sierra Club group at an NRA sponsered function... Maybe they took a wrong turn...

So to call them anti-environmental is just mistaken.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

honestly i am not surprised. look at the type of individual that makes up the majority of the NRA...yeah they dont get along with people outside of their own race.

What is that type, pray do tell us more. Enlighten us. Some of us have actually been, past and present, members of this organization...

Go ahead, tell us all about it.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I support the 2nd.

How in the world can you make that claim when in your opening statement in here you stated and I quote...

I wish I could say I was surprised by the lack of outrage by fetishists who scream 2nd every time a fly farts but I'm not, in fact I would have been surprised if there had been even a modicum of such.

Then you went on to claim that the NRA is full of KKK members, and that liberals should "infiltrate/join so you could kick out those NRA members you claim belong in the KKK"...

No mods did anything about the insults hurled at me either. But then again I very rarely hit the report button. I also posted this in the mud pit.

I am pretty sure they did but you didn't see what they did. Heck, i have been given a warning for responding in a thread and pointing out a liberal member was simply insulting everyone that disagrees with him/her. The mod didn't say anything in the thread as they used to do such as giving a warning in the thread. Instead the insults from the other member was removed as well as my statement pointing out he/she was insulting. The hilarious part is the mod gave me a warning, and deducted 1000 points as well, when i didn't insult at all just pointed out the other member was insulting...

That is hilarious coming from you.

We are not talking about me, so stop trying to deflect.

edit on 10-7-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

edit on 10-7-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct amount

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

How in the world can you make that claim when in your opening statement in here you stated and I quote

Easy. It's kind of like being open minded but not being so open minded your brain falls out. Watch out for that binary thinking.

Then you went on to claim that the NRA is full of KKK members, and that liberals should "infiltrate/join so you could kick out those NRA members you claim belong in the KKK"

Copy pasted from my OP with added bolding. What's the problem? And how does that support your claim that I don't support the 2nd?

"Then again maybe we should encourage more infil... er joining up by Liberals and Leftists that support the 2nd. Then toss the bigots back to where they belong, infighting amongst KKK groups."

I am pretty sure they did but you didn't see what they did.

Wrong. No mod has modded any post in this thread. You would know that if you had read it.

Heck, i have been given a warning for responding in a thread and pointing out a liberal member was simply insulting everyone that disagrees with him/her.

I get lots of posts removed, warnings too. Not too mention a certain someone crying about my Trump avatar. Do you want to compare boo-boo's?

We are not talking about me, so stop trying to deflect.

And this thread is about NRA members calling out the NRA, it's not about me. You made it personal.
edit on 7/10/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Absolutely not true, the Jim Crow Dems (The Dixiecrats) were Conservative.

That isn't true the Dems are the same party they always been.

Be it the KKK, BLM and nouveau blmcrats.

ETA since this is the mudpit.

edit on 10-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Easy. It's kind of like being open minded but not being so open minded your brain falls out. Watch out for that binary thinking.

What in the world are you talking about now?...

And this thread is about NRA members calling out the NRA, it's not about me. You made it personal.

My argument revolves around the fact that you are making false accusations and insulting anyone who supports the second amendment. But when someone points out what you are doing suddenly that person is making it personal?... My comment was based on, and was a response to your own comments... It wasn't a personal attack... This latest response by you is nothing but another attempt at deflection...

edit on 10-7-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Probably the NRA isn't saying anything because they are waiting for all the facts of the case?

There's been some disturbing revelations on this case since the shooting took place.

LOL please shut up. Please sit down. They jump on any opportunity to push gun rights.. excluding when it involves a black man's right to carry. You have to be dumb, or deliberately diluting yourself to even think stating that was logical.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Invicid
Waiting for facts is logical.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Erno86

Anti-environmentalists?

Not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand, but I'll take a swipe at it.

An organization like the NRA, which has championed hunting rights for decades has also, if you care to look, championed such things as wetland preservation, wildfire prevention, etc...

No, they don't make a big production out of it, but their public events usually have, by invitation, organizations like Ducks, unlimited, which works to aid in wetland preservation. I also, to my absolute shock, once so a Sierra Club group at an NRA sponsered function... Maybe they took a wrong turn...

So to call them anti-environmental is just mistaken.

I agree to disagree...

"National Rifle Association Supports Conservation Opponents, Always" 9/16/08, Press release from American Hunters and Shooters Association. "Contrary to its stated goals and assurances to the hunting community, our unprecedented analysis shows that NRA's leadership overwhelming supports Members of Congress with the worst conservation voting records. The NRA's leadership is spending its Member's money to support the campaigns of the biggest conservation opponents in Congress. Despite their lofty bylaws and forest friendly taglines, the NRA is standing by silently as its allies in Congress are helping to destroy America's wilderness."

Link to press release from the American Hunters and Shooters Association:

www.donjordanoutdoors.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Probably the NRA isn't saying anything because they are waiting for all the facts of the case?

There's been some disturbing revelations on this case since the shooting took place.

One of those facts is that the officer did not pull him over for a broken tail-light as the PD claimed...leaked and confirmed radio traffic.

“I’m going to stop a car,” an officer can be heard saying in the recording before reading off a license plate number. KARE did not publicize the number for privacy reasons, but the station said it had verified that the car was Castile’s.

“I’m going to check IDs,” the officer says in the audio.

“I have reason to pull it over. The two occupants just look like people that were involved in a robbery.”

“The driver looks more like one of our suspects, just ‘cause of the wide-set nose,” the officer continues.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

* So...knock one against the PD for BSing...the broken tail-light bit is getting kind of old..And pulling someone over for having a "wider-set nose"???

Let's see what else in the emerging facts department..
Philando Castile Had Valid Permit for Gun
www.slate.com...

Let's see...what Else?

"Got News" Conveniently posted a mugshot from Castille from 2011...Without explanation..
What was he actually arrested for in 2011???
Driving on a revoked License..

He had no Felony record, but had been arrested more than once...what for?

those arrests were typically related to minor traffic violations, such as speeding or not wearing a seat belt

IMO...aka..He had been arrested for driving while black in a predominately white geography. Yes..I said it.

More on the unsubstantiated claims of "Crips" association here.
www.snopes.com...

None of the innuendo above would warrant shooting someone who very clearly (agreed facts both by officer and passenger) began the interaction by explaining to the offer that he was armed and had a valid permit...something every responsible gun owner is encouraged to explain to police when pulled over.

I see a racist media campaign that is premised on ..."Yah...but see how black he was?" making excuses for an unjustified shooting.

Hell, I got an x-Military buddy in the south that never goes anywhere without a small arsenal in his pick-up truck. He is also lilly white, shaved head with a beard. He gets pulled over at least once a month because he drives like an idiot. He told me his typical interaction with police when he is pulled over..."Any weapons in the car"?..."Eff yes! Always" followed by a chuckle and then he usually ends up talking guns or military service with the officer and is let off with a warning.

Driving while black is a whole different animal in this country...

And Philando Castile is the NRA's bread and butter gun owner who was pulled over and shot death while following the rules....and it really does look like his skin color had a lot to do with it.

edit on 11-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Invicid
Waiting for facts is logical.

You might have a point if the NRA had not consistently demonstrated it disdain for "facts" over the past 10 years with the "their coming for you guns" campaign.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Every law they pass is an infringement. California just passed a whole mess of laws that leaves little else but confiscation left on the agenda.

I've been hearing that line for years.

"No one wants to take your guns" meanwhile those same people talk about Australian gun control as a model.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Absolutely not true, the Jim Crow Dems (The Dixiecrats) were Conservative.

That isn't true the Dems are the same party they always been.

Be it the KKK, BLM and nouveau blmcrats.

The Civil Rights act flipped the map...So no...the South turned GOP and the North turned Dem.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I am an NRA member. There is no need to say anything. Someone was pulled over who fit the profile of someone wanted for a crime. He was pulled over and a gun was seen and he was shot.

Notice I did not say black man? Because it does not matter. White people. Asians. Hispanics. They are all shot and some killed by police. Each day.

Why are we not having a sit in on the floor of the Senate for Chicago. Over 2000 shootings this year. Where is the National Guard. If you put a tank on each corner the bad element would leave. It is a war zone.

No one wants my guns? Sorry, but this is simply not true.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

So what part of a REBEL FLAG in 1992 did someone miss?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join