It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Members Annoyed By Silence On Philando Castile

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As stated previously... that is a way to get dead before the cop even gets to your window.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Greven

A lot of the eyewitness testimony and the physical evidence on the scene told a different story than the popular narrative.

The DOJ disagrees with you.

Although no eyewitnesses directly corroborate Wilson’s account of Brown’s attempt to gain control of the gun, there is no credible evidence to disprove Wilson’s account of what occurred inside the SUV.

The fact of the matter is, whether the struggle over the gun happened or not, Brown ran away, Wilson followed, then shot Brown as Brown advanced towards him. Wilson testified he shot him out of fear - that the advancing Brown was an imposing figure, and if Brown reached him, he would "be done."

He then fatally shot Brown twice (once through the eye, half a second later through the top of the head), but go ahead, believe whatever reality you want.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Kali74

I don't believe for a second that the NRA would be silent if the he had been white.

Oh, bull#.

Colion Noir is the NRAs most popular commentator and reviewer. This is just an NRA smear.

So it's BS because the NRA has a token Black guy in its ranks?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Wonder why this guy "Castile" didn't have his ID out by the time the car stopped and the police walked over to the car ??

There was plenty of time.

Hmmm.

The cop asked him for the ID and he reached to grab his ID. Black people should automatically have it out beforehand even though they don't know why they've been stopped? The classic blame the Black victim routine.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The Open Post is spot on
As a white person and pro second amendment and also one that hates Lobbyists, the NRA Lobbyists need be thrown right the *F* out of DC.

As far as Castile is concerned, In Minnesota it is legal to open carry a fire arm as Castile was doing close to his person and it is also REQUIRED for law enforcement to request a permit to carry. Civilians are not required to disclose they are carrying.

www.fox9.com...

Minnesota's permit to carry law and how it applies to Philando Castile

Oftentimes, people will incorrectly call it the “conceal-carry law,” and use the term interchangeably – but it is not. Minnesota’s permit to carry law does not require citizens to conceal their pistol, although most people do.

To get a permit to carry a firearm, you have to be at least 21 years old and you have to have completed a firearms training course. The permit holder must carry that permit and a driver’s license with him or her at all times when they’re carrying that firearm -- and according to statute, “must display the permit and identification document upon the lawful demand of a peace officer."

It has also been confirmed that Castile had a permit to carry issued by Hennepin County where he used to live

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Actually, she livestreamed the aftermath. She wasn't filming when the shooting happened. Right now, it is "he said, she said" as to what happened before she started filming. If what she says is true ... the cop should be charged. If she is lying .... she is changing the narrative. I'll wait for more information before forming an opinion. I saw a report (I will look for it and post when I find it) that said they were NOT pulled over for a broken tail light. If that is true, then that is one lie already on her part.

The officer thought the driver was one of the suspects from a burglary so he fabricated the broken tail light as a cover to pull them over. She was correct in that is what the officer used as an excuse and this is not uncommon for them to do.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I've seen no proof he was licensed to carry other than the thing you posted in the other thread with an anonymous source.

Also it sounds like he met the description of a suspect who just robbed a place at gunpoint and you have no idea what he actually did when the cop approached.

Why would the NRA jump on this until things are confirmed? If everything checks out, he was legal, and the investigation shows that he was shot because a cop saw his gun then the NRA should get involved.

Perhaps old news now but it was confirmed he had a permit.....Not by Ramsey County where he lived but by neighboring Hennepin Country

www.startribune.com...

Although the names of gun permit holders are not public under state law, a source confirmed Castile was issued the permit when he lived in Robbinsdale.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
a reply to: Khaleesi

I know this is from a conservative site but it does a pretty good job of pulling information from various sources, including local media.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

It includes the radio communications of the officers before the car was pulled over and some screenshots from the video. I would suggest reading the entire article before blowing it off as conservative spin. It is really a comprehensive account with good detail.

I came across that site earlier in my research and they put a lot of spin into the story

For example they cite Ramsey Country Sheriffs Department stating he did not have a permit with them as not having a permit at all.

Ramsey country has tweeted back to these people saying he did not have one is not what they said
He was not issued one by THEM
It has been confirmed he had with Hennepin County

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: xuenchen

Funny you defend the man apart that failed Bundy takeover who was shot by the FBI but this black man makes you go hmmm...

m.startribune.com...

“He’s licensed to carry, he was trying to get his ID, his wallet out of his pocket and he let the officer knew he had a firearm and was reaching for his wallet,” Reynolds said in the video as a bloodied Castile lay in the driver’s seat dying.

This is not what happened according to the officers own words
He thought this was the suspect and when he saw the open carry weapon, he put two and two together and drew his weapon and fired.

That is what his transcript says

I saw the weapon next to the suspect and fired

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Well I guess the NRA should have shot off their mouths before the investigation was complete.

The good ole NRA some peoples favorite manufactured villain.

Well you should not be worshiping them since they are shoveling boatloads of money to your buddy politicians in DC.....

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ketsuko

You get out your permit and your license

Which were in his... wallet.

In a routine traffic stop, there is plenty of time to get those out before the officer gets to your car. You know you are going to need them. Why not already have them ready?

Having both the license and the permit there to be seen does two things:

1.) Verifies you are a legal driver and a legal gun owner/carrier.

2.) Verifies right at the outset that you wish to be cooperative.

In Minnesota, Gun Owners are NOT required to disclose they are carrying
It is up to the officer to ask for it.

Now if you want to take a different route via courtesy and common sense, we can open up a whole can of worms from this incident all the way up to the political and economic level, not sure you want to go there

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
a reply to: projectvxn

go get bent? what does that term even mean never heard of it. i

i think its safe to say that statistically the majority of the NRA which is male and caucasian in their 40s-60s probably dont see eye to eye with people who are different then them. thats just an educated guess based on statistics.

i think i already posted on another thread. the hatred these people feel is passed down from generation to generation. do a poll yourself on some members you know. ask them their views on other ethnicities. im sure the results wont be that shocking.

It means go get sodomized. Classy..

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Why does. The NRA have to say anything at all. Police shootings have nothing to do with the NRA as the NRA does not determine how police should respond or de-escalate a situation. I took a # today...maybe the NRA will have a comment

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The first thing I do when I get pulled over.

Have my id ready.

Both my hands on the steering wheel.

To show I am no threat.

So glad i dont live in the land of the free

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sopasdepollito

So it's BS because the NRA has a token Black guy in its ranks?

I know, I know, darkies couldn't possibly be NRA members.

They're tokens! Not real people.

Gonna go for the Uncle Tom bit next?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: neo96
Well I guess the NRA should have shot off their mouths before the investigation was complete.

The good ole NRA some peoples favorite manufactured villain.

Well you should not be worshiping them since they are shoveling boatloads of money to your buddy politicians in DC.....

I really hate to rain on that that nonsense.

But I am not a NRA member. and NEVER in my life have I given politicians money.

So thanks for pretty much proving my comment.

The NRA manufactured VILLAIN.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

If he was involved with a gang, he should never have been allowed to have a gun

So you are okay with infringing his Second Amendment rights based on his exercising his First Amendment rights?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

If he was involved with a gang, he should never have been allowed to have a gun

So you are okay with infringing his Second Amendment rights based on his exercising his First Amendment rights?
They are violent around here. The Crips? They doe drive bys and shoot at homes, shoot at other cars, and murder people on the streets. What are they like where you live. They are involved with drugs, prostitution and other illegal operations. They are outlaws. Outlaws dont qualify for the right to bear arms, as they use them in an aggressive, and destructive way

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have not read the entire thread...

That said what I did read gave me the distinct impression that if the NRA does or says something they are the root of all evil and the stooges of the Gun companies... now if they stay quite while evidence and proof is still being gathered they are racist stooges of the gun companies...

Wtf... I am not a big fan of the ACLU but they are quite often on the leading edge of defending many parts of the bill of rights... I am also not a big fan of the NRA but they are without a doubt leading edge in the defense of the 2nd..

I appreciate the fact that they are dedicated to defending the bill of rights... You dont have to agree with every single thing they do, no organization will do that, be glad there are people out there fighting to defend the bill of rights.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

In other words, yes. The Klan commit acts of violence. If someone associates with Klansmen, should they have their Second Amendment rights infringed?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join