It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Members Annoyed By Silence On Philando Castile

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Erno86

Because the leaders of the present NRA, have never politically campaigned for pro-environmental bans...such a bans against shale oil and gas drilling on Bureau of Land Management public lands, most likely, in fear of retaliation from these big anti-environmental Republican fat cats in Congress.

Got a link I can peruse?

www.nraontherecord.org...

You've provided NOTHING to back up your assertions. NOTHING.

I ask for a link relevant to your assertions. You just went and got a link to an NRA hit piece site that describes nothing you said.

Thanks for playing, but this game is over.

(insert coins to continue)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

I am guessing that the OP thinks that if Castile had a concealed permit, then he was somehow magically allowed to behave however he wants with a gun. So if he misbehaves with a gun or waves it around in a stupid manner when interacting with a cop who has reason to believe he may interacting with a robbery suspect, it makes him immune to any consequences.

This is like saying that anything and everything BLM chooses to do is covered under the blanket of free speech somehow no matter how illegal it might actually be (like blocking highways).

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

About as well as you play it up, right?

Yea. The NRA has racists in it. Is it the majority? Well all those minority board members make it kinda hard to argue that point yet....you persist in it.

Nobody has denied the NRA has racists in it. It doesn't matter how you try to bend or twist or turn anybody's comment, at any point in this thread, nobody has stated that the NRA is devoid of racists.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

what do minority board members have to do with anything. again by that logic we should have ZERO racial tension in this country because of our lovely black president.

but that is not so...so where is all of this racism stemming from? are people just making it up?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
a reply to: Shamrock6

what do minority board members have to do with anything. again by that logic we should have ZERO racial tension in this country because of our lovely black president.

but that is not so...so where is all of this racism stemming from? are people just making it up?

Actually, sometimes, I think they are.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Maybe by whatever logical fallacy you operate under that's a rational argument, but no under any form of actual logic.

One - again you persist with the absolute of "zero" which is not what I said.

Two - if the majority of an organization is racist, to argue that the members of that organization would elect multiple ethnic minorities to positions of power and control of said organization is beyond stupid.

Then again, according to you everybody in America born before a certain date is racist so I don't expect any of that to actually sink in.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Interesting.

The records show he had not been arrested since 2011, though he had been issued tickets for minor traffic and parking violations. NBC News counted 31 misdemeanor traffic violations, for things like driving without a muffler. A Heavy review of court records found even more traffic offenses. Racial profiling has been a concern in Minnesota; the Legislature even commissioned a major study on the topic, in which 65 police departments participated.

heavy.com... man-shot-lavish-reynolds/

Pulled over 31 times.

Presumably with his weapon each time.

And just got shot for being 'black'.

Anyone playing the 'race' card.

HOW DO YOU SPIN that ?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No. Take your paintbrush elsewhere. Castile's fiance claims that Castile informed the officer he had a gun and was licensed to carry and informed the officer that he was going to reach for his wallet and that's when he got shot and killed.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You don't do that.

You get out your permit and your license to show him, and you then wait for the officer to tell you what to do. Telling him you have a gun is not enough. At that point, he knows you have a gun, and he needs to know he is in control. Reaching without his instruction is inviting trouble no matter who you are.

This is according to a coworker of my husband's who is the smallest, petitest blond woman in the entire world and a CCW holder.
edit on 9-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
it would seem to me that a large organization that totes gun rights for law abiding citizens would jump all over the opportunity to voice some genuine concern in turn promoting their organization...

and im not talking about this one particular situation. how about ones in the past, the future, ones not blasted all over social media. dont they matter. dont those minority law abiding citizens matter to?

i dont see much effort being put in...

i wonder why that is? oh wait maybe its because they dont give a DAMN about those individuals

and the majority of the NRA is white...shocker

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Why do you automatically believe her?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: projectvxn

The non profit organization... with like presidents and employees and stuff.

Ok..Where are you going with this?

Looks like she is implying that the NRA is just another money making outfit and in the respect she is right. Anyone that thinks the NRA fights for their rights is an ignorant fool. The NRA fights for the gun manufacturers they are just smart enough to get millions of chumps to pay for their lawsuits.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

We get it white+NRA= racist.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The non profit organization... with like presidents and employees and stuff.

Ok..Where are you going with this?

Looks like she is implying that the NRA is just another money making outfit and in the respect she is right. Anyone that thinks the NRA fights for their rights is an ignorant fool. The NRA fights for the gun manufacturers they are just smart enough to get millions of chumps to pay for their lawsuits.

I've already addressed this.

Your assertions are incorrect.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

do you get it? i dont think you do. maybe on your behalf you can start a thread, FB post etc... listing all of the law abiding gun carrying minority citizens that have been wronged and raise some awareness among your fellow NRA members.

that would make me think otherwise on the issue

edit on 9-7-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

No. Take your paintbrush elsewhere. Castile's fiance claims that Castile informed the officer he had a gun and was licensed to carry and informed the officer that he was going to reach for his wallet and that's when he got shot and killed.

She could have said he was singing happy birthday with his hands on the steering wheel and flowers in his hair.

It doesn't mean it's true.

That's not to say she's lying. She may be telling the complete and unvarnished truth. But we don't know that yet. I'd much rather the NRA just stay shut the hell up than do what the governor did.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
More than likely they are waiting for all the facts to come in before saying anything. It is beginning to seem obvious that he did not even have a cc permit on his person. Standard law with all CCs is that you have that permit on you whenever you carry.

I don't blame the NRA for not responding. Amazingly, they seem to be the most responsible ones out there. Deal with the facts, not emotional responses.

Edit add: Just found out that Officer's Attorney has confirmed that Castlle had a valid ccw. Unfortunately, the officer did not know this and Castille did not comply with orders once the officer found out he had a gun. Here is hoping that when the NRA does speak up, they educate everyone in updating manuals with more precise instructions on how individuals with CCWs should respond to police officers. I have always assumed it was understood.
edit on 7 9 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Did Philando Castile Have a Valid Permit to Carry a Gun?

Seems that has been questioned.

Did he or didn't he?

Social video media is not 'proof'.
edit on 9-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why?

Plenty of white people get shot by cops and the NRA does not go all black lives matter on them for it.

The NRA protects the rights of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. This case has not yet been shown to be a case of a law abiding citizen. Just because you have a concealed carry does not mean you are following the law in every instance. People can and do misbehave with their legal firearms.

Now if Castile is exonerated by evidence, they may have something to say about it.

He's innocent until proven guilty, but y'know, dead...

So... where are you going with the exonerated bit?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

If he was a law abiding citizen, then likely they will say something.

Right now, all we know is that the cops say one thing, and the girlfriends says another. He said; she said.

You are taking the position that the cop is automatically lying and the girlfriend is automatically telling the truth. Thus, anyone who does not believe her and side with her must only be doing so for racist reasons.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join