It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Members Annoyed By Silence On Philando Castile

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

Perception?

Do you know what perception means?

It means that people THINK something is true. Whether it is or not is irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
people are dying because of the color of their skin. oh well i dont give a # it doesnt effect me. theres no problem nothing to see here folks move along ill just live in my little happy bubble

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Erno86

are a anti-environmentalist organization

I'm interested in what led you to this conclusion. Legitimately, not trying to be a dick. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before.

Because the leaders of the present NRA, have never politically campaigned for pro-environmental bans...such a bans against shale oil and gas drilling on Bureau of Land Management public lands, most likely, in fear of retaliation from these big anti-environmental Republican fat cats in Congress.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Perception has nothing to do with reality.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

people are dying because of the color of their skin.

Yes they are. What does this have to do with the NRA?

oh well i dont give a # it doesnt effect me. theres no problem nothing to see here folks move along ill just live in my little happy bubble

Emotional appeals when all other arguments have failed is a logical fallacy, you know.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Because the leaders of the present NRA, have never politically campaigned for pro-environmental bans...such a bans against shale oil and gas drilling on Bureau of Land Management public lands, most likely, in fear of retaliation from these big anti-environmental Republican fat cats in Congress.

Got a link I can peruse?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

exactly. and you can clearly see how flawed the majority think

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You know we're talking about the National Rifle Association right?

I mean I suppose they could lobby for those things but it sort of seems like a very different issue.
edit on 0920160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
a reply to: neo96

exactly. and you can clearly see how flawed the majority think

I sure do.

Some people think cops are out to get them.

Some people think guns are out to get them.

Some people think the weather is out to get them.

ALL make believe.

Political solutions that POLITICIANS create.

Q.E.D.

Ban politicians.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Why?

Plenty of white people get shot by cops and the NRA does not go all black lives matter on them for it.

The NRA protects the rights of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. This case has not yet been shown to be a case of a law abiding citizen. Just because you have a concealed carry does not mean you are following the law in every instance. People can and do misbehave with their legal firearms.

Now if Castile is exonerated by evidence, they may have something to say about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

originally posted by: Domo1

are a anti-environmentalist organization

I'm interested in what led you to this conclusion. Legitimately, not trying to be a dick. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before.

They've also never campaigned for lowering gas taxes, most likely because it's not a gun rights issue.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

you definitely failed to see my point.....

because in your little world. you think everything is peaches and roses. you are in the nra cool and a minority even better. you claim you have never had anything bad happen! wow awesome. s

this relates to the fact that being ignorant is so blissful. the problem does not affect me directly so therefore there is no problem.

the racist members of your organization could probably give a care less about you and given the choice would choose their own race over you. i would be willing to place a bet on that.

the racist members of your organization wont step in and defend other ethnicities rights to CC in the same way they would for their own race.

and if they do its merely a facade in order to cover their tracks and make it look like they actually care because its hard to be openly racist in todays society. you have to be more subtle about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Orionx2

No one is blaming the NRA for the shooting. NRA members called the NRA out on their silence (they've now responded) regarding the potential violation of 2nd Amendment rights of Philando Castile... I happen to think they were right to call out the NRA.

Why? NRA had nothing to do with any of this. What violation of the 2nd?
edit on 9-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Got a link I can peruse?

www.nraontherecord.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Except he has stated that the NRA more than likely has racists in it somewhere. Just not as pervasive as you're convinced it is.

So again, you're making # up and ascribing it to him as some sort of springboard into yet another barely coherent comment from you.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I am ANNOYED that NRAPHOBES are ANNOYED.

So let us ALL be annoyed together.

Because were StrongerTogether.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

originally posted by: projectvxn

Got a link I can peruse?

www.nraontherecord.org...

Odd. I don't see anything on the coalition's website about their stance on drilling on BLM lands.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Summertime.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

you definitely failed to see my point.....

You didn't make a point at all in this thread.

because in your little world. you think everything is peaches and roses. you are in the nra cool and a minority even better. you claim you have never had anything bad happen! wow awesome. s

The ignorance on display here is yours. You just can't wrap your head around a hispanic man having a different view than what you expect as you have clearly insinuated in several of your posts.

the racist members of your organization could probably give a care less about you and given the choice would choose their own race over you. i would be willing to place a bet on that.

This is the first time you've said something that makes sense. You're right, racists probably don't like me. Like you, for instance.

the racist members of your organization wont step in and defend other ethnicities rights to CC in the same way they would for their own race.

The NRA doesn't comment on every police shooting. To include all the white people that get shot by cops. Some of those people might be legal CCW holders. While CCW holders are FAR less likely than even cops to do something illegal with a firearm, that doesn't mean that there are no instances of CCW holders that do commit crimes.

I submit the Orlando shooter. He was a minority with a legally held CCW permit. NRA didn't jump up and defend him on those grounds because it would not have been appropriate. So why would the NRA jump up to defend someone who may have been involved in some kind of crime prior to the shooting? We have ZERO context on what happened that lead up to the shooting. But even so, you expect the NRA to condemn the cop without all the facts of the case?

Gee that would go over really well if it turned out different wouldn't it?

and if they do its merely a facade in order to cover their tracks and make it look like they actually care because its hard to be openly racist in todays society. you have to be more subtle about it.

More supposition and baseless accusation.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

"more then likely has racists somewhere"

think you can downplay it even more?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join