It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Members Annoyed By Silence On Philando Castile

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Fusion

Castile was reportedly a licensed gun owner. His disclosure to the officer that he had a gun in the car led the officer to shoot him, according to Castile’s girlfriend who made a Facebook Live video shortly after the shooting.

It’s exactly the sort of case that you might imagine would outrage the NRA, an organization dedicated to protecting the Second Amendment right to bear arms. But despite rushing to mourn the death of police in Dallas, the NRA was silent in the days after Castile’s death.

I find this very telling. If Castile had been white under the exact same circumstances, the aftermath would be very, very different. I wish I could say I was surprised by the lack of outrage by fetishists who scream 2nd every time a fly farts but I'm not, in fact I would have been surprised if there had been even a modicum of such.

Anyway, this is why I despise the NRA and yes I am pro-2nd. The NRA is a total scam, an arms lobby that knows exactly how to market to the majority of their membership. Looks like some didn't realize what they were joining though and now are wondering what is going on.

I hope people realize quickly that you don't have to join this farce of a rights advocacy group in order to send a message to DC that your rights aren't up for debate. Then again maybe we should encourage more infil... er joining up by Liberals and Leftists that support the 2nd. Then toss the bigots back to where they belong, infighting amongst KKK groups.

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Probably the NRA isn't saying anything because they are waiting for all the facts of the case?

There's been some disturbing revelations on this case since the shooting took place.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Haven't really been keeping up on this case but is there anything other than "his girlfriend said so" that supports her version of events?

If not, perhaps that's got something to do with their perceived silence?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wonder why this guy "Castile" didn't have his ID out by the time the car stopped and the police walked over to the car ??

There was plenty of time.

Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Probably the NRA isn't saying anything because they are waiting for all the facts of the case?

There's been some disturbing revelations on this case since the shooting took place.
Thats right. The part about the Crip gang hand signs he was doing on Facebook, and his belonging to a Crip group on Facebook. If he was involved with a gang, he should never have been allowed to have a gun, let alone a conceald carry.
I hope the cop had a body camera. That is the film I would like to see. If it went down like she said, then the cop should be charged. If she lied and is trying promote disharmony and violence, then she should be charged

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah, I think she lived streamed the entire event. Probably on YouTube by now.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Have you seen the video? I'm not going to post it because it shows him dead. I;m sorry though, I don't believe for a second that the NRA would be silent if the he had been white. Their response would have been immediate and the internet would be blown up with outrage about his right to bear arms being violated.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I don't believe for a second that the NRA would be silent if the he had been white.

Oh, bull#.

Colion Noir is the NRAs most popular commentator and reviewer. This is just an NRA smear.
edit on 9 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

My understanding of the video is that it shows what happened AFTER shots were fired. Unless the video I saw was edited, which I can't imagine it being edited to not show the shooting but leaving in the part with the death spasms.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Actually, she livestreamed the aftermath. She wasn't filming when the shooting happened. Right now, it is "he said, she said" as to what happened before she started filming. If what she says is true ... the cop should be charged. If she is lying .... she is changing the narrative. I'll wait for more information before forming an opinion. I saw a report (I will look for it and post when I find it) that said they were NOT pulled over for a broken tail light. If that is true, then that is one lie already on her part.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
From what I understand, the girlfriend did not start recording until after the man was shot.

Also, the man did apparently have a permit to carry, but a stillshot of the video his girlfriend took may show a firearm was sitting in his lap.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: Swills

Actually, she livestreamed the aftermath. She wasn't filming when the shooting happened. Right now, it is "he said, she said" as to what happened before she started filming. If what she says is true ... the cop should be charged. If she is lying .... she is changing the narrative. I'll wait for more information before forming an opinion. I saw a report (I will look for it and post when I find it) that said they were NOT pulled over for a broken tail light. If that is true, then that is one lie already on her part.

The man fit the description of a robbery suspect. That is why they were pulled over. Dispatch recordings confirm this.
edit on 9-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm not impressed. The NRA deserves to be smeared for more reasons than this but this is pretty bad.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I dunno if he was involved in a gang but what I hear is that he was a beloved school cafeteria worker and typically you can't work in a school if you're a criminal and or apart of a gang. Word is he had a minor police record, mostly traffic violations and 2 dismissed pot charges, and is not a felon by any means. I dunno where you're getting info about gang related FaceBook posts/groups but I'm reading he was a social justice warrior via FB.

heavy.com... man-shot-lavish-reynolds/
edit on 9-7-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Seriously? That's a way to get dead before the cop ever asks you to roll down your window.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

They man fit the description of a robbery suspect. That is why they were pulled over. Dispatch recordings confirm this.

The report says he was a robbery suspect, but that wasn't the case.

www.snopes.com...

I'm still waiting for more facts on this...The more I dig the more it looks like a bad shoot.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Just the aftermath? Shame she didn't start from the beginning.

Makes no sense he would tell the cop he had a conceal carry before pulling a gun on said cop, especially with his girlfriend in the car.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

He was not a robbery suspect. He only fit the description from what I understand.

I think it is the best thing to do to wait and lets the facts come out.

The girlfriend spread a lot of bad facts with her actions and it is not helping matter in any way.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've seen no proof he was licensed to carry other than the thing you posted in the other thread with an anonymous source.

Also it sounds like he met the description of a suspect who just robbed a place at gunpoint and you have no idea what he actually did when the cop approached.

Why would the NRA jump on this until things are confirmed? If everything checks out, he was legal, and the investigation shows that he was shot because a cop saw his gun then the NRA should get involved.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'm not impressed. The NRA deserves to be smeared for more reasons than this but this is pretty bad.

With unfounded accusations of racism?

What the F is wrong with being honest instead?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join