It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's what we know about the officer who shot Philando Castile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

On Thursday night, the Minnesota Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) named Jeronimo Yanez as the officer who shot dead Philando Castile, a 32-year-old black man, during a routine traffic stop in Falcon Heights, Minnesota, on Wednesday.

Diamond Reynolds, Castile's fiancée, live-streamed the event on Facebook, causing widespread outrage.

Reynolds initially described the officer as a "heavyset" Chinese man, according to a transcript of the Facebook live video.

The BCA also said that officer Joseph Kauser, Yanez's partner, had participated in the traffic stop.

Yanez, 28, lives in St. Paul, Minnesota, with his wife and infant child, reports The Star Tribune. He graduated from the Minnesota State University in 2010 and was sworn into the St. Anthony Police Department in 2011.

Yanez has no criminal history and no history of civil lawsuits. Both Yanez and Kauser have been placed on administrative leave.

Yanez's name was released to the public late Thursday evening. As of now, the Justice Department has not opened a federal investigation into the case.

So this is the "white" cop that shot this man. The deliberate lying about the officer deserves attention to how low the media will go to further the agenda.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Cough Cough Cough

He sure looks a LOT like the guy from the BOLO for the armed robbery. Also sounds like he didn't have a CPL.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Cough Cough Cough

He sure looks a LOT like the guy from the BOLO for the armed robbery. Also sounds like he didn't have a CPL.

I am also hearing that he was in fact a felon.. Unconfirmed. But it went from no record, to 31 misdemenors, to now a felon with no ccw. In my opinion, being a crips gang member, alcohol and drugs in the car, illegal gun, this is looking more and more like maybe it did not go down at all like the girlfriend said.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Cough Cough Cough

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

2nd line

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Twitter just released a freaking black power fist emoji to honor this dude and the other one if you use the BLM hashtag.

Nothing for the cops though.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I don't think Castile was a felon. It sure looks like he may have been a Crip though and he had over 50 driving citations which seems insane to me. He got popped for no insurance so many times I'm amazed.

The other guy was a child molester and had multiple felonies including domestic violence.

If something comes out saying that Castile actually was carrying legally I'm going to be pretty surprised. I hope they can finish the investigation into the gun robbery and either clear his name or change the narrative.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Twitter just released a freaking black power fist emoji to honor this dude and the other one if you use the BLM hashtag.

Yea and what also bothers me is during the shooting in Dallas, the cops were doing everything they could to keep these people safe, corralling them to safety. The very people who hate them.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Whatever "truth" comes out - about the perps, their checkered histories, the accuracies of their last interactions with police...or about the officers who shot them - it won't matter a damn. The ones with an agenda will ignore it and pursue the agenda. The rest of us - the ones who listen to the truth - will bear the brunt of the agenda.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Philando Castile had a valid permit to carry a gun when he was shot and killed by a St. Anthony police officer, a source confirmed to the Star Tribune Friday.

Castile, a 32-year-old school cook from St. Paul, was killed by a St. Anthony police officer during a traffic stop in Falcon Heights Wednesday night. His final minutes were live-streamed by his girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, who was a passenger in the car.

In the video, Reynolds said Castile told the officer, Jeronimo Yanez, that he had a permit and was carrying a gun. Yanez shot Castile multiple times.

“He’s licensed to carry, he was trying to get his ID, his wallet out of his pocket and he let the officer knew he had a firearm and was reaching for his wallet,” Reynolds said in the video as a bloodied Castile lay in the driver’s seat dying.

Star Tribune

Isn't this thread supposed to be about the cop though?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Well why no "white power" emoji since whites are the ones currently being attacked the most and are the object of most racism currently in this country?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
No one ever called the cop "white." Unless it's a fringe site or something.

Gun Activist Says He Warned PD Involved In Philando Castile Shooting About Shady Traffic Stops

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yeah I'm sure Diamond Reynolds wouldn't lie to the police or public.

The 217,000 names of people who have permits to carry is not public information. Therefore, it is not in fact known if Castile really did have a permit. Public Safety Commissioner Mona Dohman would not confirm that information because it is part of the official investigation.

I hope their source is legit.

All I really see is that family members said he was licensed.

You're right this is about the cop.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The big shot David Muir on ABC World News said it. I watched it and heard it with my own eyes and ears. My local news also said it.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 9-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Gun Activist Says He Warned PD Involved In Philando Castile Shooting About Shady Traffic Stops

Well, numerous people have brought up the Minn shooting as another black man being killed as a result of racism. The left has never used examples of a black cop shooting a black man as then they can't pull the race card but this Minn shooting has been labelled as a result of racism.

But since it's not a white cop, it has now opened a new can of worms, the implication that Chinese Americans are also racist towards blacks as this doesn't fall into the black vs white paradigm. Even the Minn governor suggested this was racism.

Jesse Jackson labelled both cops, the one in Louisiana and Minn as racists.
edit on 9-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Well, numerous people have brought up the Minn shooting as another black man being killed as a result of racism. The left has never used examples of a black cop shooting a black man as then they can't pull the race card but this Minn shooting has been labelled as a result of racism.

But since it's not a white cop, it has now opened a new can of worms, the implication that Chinese Americans are also racist towards blacks as this doesn't fall into the black vs white paradigm. Even the Minn governor suggested this was racism.

Jesse Jackson labelled both cops, the one in Louisiana and Minn as racists.

Oh for #'s sake people. It can be a race issue without a person knowingly or consciously being racist. Reactions are entrenched.

Some of you are dumb as dirt, including Jackson if that is EXACTLY what he said. Go ahead and remove my comments and take the points.
edit on 7/9/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Cough Cough Cough

Here's the suspect from the BOLO..

Ramsey MN Sheriff's dept have also confirmed that Castile never applied for a CCW through them, although it may have been obtained in another state.

It's also odd that the live broadcast was a mirror image, and she was in the passenger, not the driver's seat, and this -

is where you can see what could be the gun on his thigh, which is why the cop tells her not to reach for her boyfriend.
If he's got a CCW why isn't that weapon holstered? Why's he got it tucked under his T-shirt?

He does have a striking resemblance to the guy robbing the store.
edit on PM6Sat20161972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

All cops are thought of as white, regardless of what color they are.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
On TV news they were just saying that Jeronimo Yanez is Mexican/Hispanic.
Has anyone seen confirmation on-line about this?
He certainly does not look white.

How is BLM going to handle this?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

Ramsey MN Sheriff's dept have also confirmed that Castile never applied for a CCW through them, although it may have been obtained in another state.

From what I understand, he previously lived in another county, which was where he received the permit. Since it is a state permit, there is not need to reapply for another permit upon moving within the state.

Statute 624.714(Subd 2):

What are the requirements for getting a permit to carry?

Must be at least 21 years of age
Must complete an application form
Must not be prohibited from possessing a firearm under Minnesota Statute 624.714
Must not be listed in the criminal gang investigation system
Must be a resident of the county from which you are requesting a permit, if you reside in Minnesota. Non-residents may apply to any Minnesota county sheriff.
Must provide certificate of completed authorized firearms training. Training by a certified instructor must be completed within one year of an original or renewal application. (624.714, Subd. 2a)

Subd. 1b.Display of permit; penalty.

(a) The holder of a permit to carry must have the permit card and a driver's license, state identification card, or other government-issued photo identification in immediate possession at all times when carrying a pistol and must display the permit card and identification document upon lawful demand by a peace officer, as defined in section 626.84, subdivision 1.

Etc.

Addendum:

Event though an unnamed source:

Philando Castile had a valid permit to carry a gun when he was shot and killed by a St. Anthony police officer, a source confirmed to the Star Tribune Friday. . . Although the names of gun permit holders are not public under state law, a source confirmed Castile was issued the permit when he lived in Robbinsdale.

Startribune
edit on 9-7-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Whites under attack by whome? The little green men from mars? Show me some facts. America has its first black president is he oppressing whites? Were whites oppressed under Bush, Clinton, and Regan??

How on earth did you come to such conclusion?

top topics

join