It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisoners break free to save guards life

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
In a small story that might restore some faith in humanity, these guys forced their way out of a holding cell to help a guard who suffered a suspected heart attack

Inmate Nick Kelton told WFAA: ‘He just fell over. Looked like an act. Could have died right there.’

Kelton and the other inmates immediately began shouting for help while attempting to break free from their holding room in Texas.

Despite it being dangerous, the group of eight men managed to burst out of the room and raise the alarm.

Kelton said: ‘We were worried they’re going to come with guns drawn on us'.

There is a video in the link and it is refreshing to read something about humans acting like humans again and not animals. He was on the ground out for the count. They didn't grab his gun. They didn't grab his keys. They helped despite the fact they could easily have been shot. I'm not saying these are now a group of angels but it just goes to show people can be decent in whatever circumstances.

edit on 3791642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Nice thread !
It's good to have sunlight breaking through on the dark days of humanity

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Nice thread !
It's good to have sunlight breaking through on the dark days of humanity
certainly makes a change.

link   
Stories like this need to be the ones told the loudest. There are far more of them than the horrible ones that attract all the attention. Thanks.

link   
a reply to: sg1642

Thanks for sharing this story here. They absolutely saved the guards life by breaking out of the cage and making noise. They took a risk to their own safety as well. The other guards could have easily mistaken them for harming the guard and got trigger happy. It's great that everyone kept their cool and his life was saved.

He wasn't a guard to these prisoners at that moment ,just a man who needed help.

All lives matter!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Stories like this need to be the ones told the loudest. There are far more of them than the horrible ones that attract all the attention. Thanks.
couldn't agree more. I mean it even says right there that one of them was in on assault charges. These aren't upstanding members of the community but the man who had them behind lock and key can go home to his family and it might well be because of them.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think this happened back in October, still good to see it again though

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

It's probably the same guard that slips them their drugs... That's the only reason they broke out to help him.

edit on 9-7-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

it's pretty sad when a group of criminals acts more human than our neighbors...

good for them though, and I'm sure the guard and his family are eternally grateful.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Banquo
I think this happened back in October, still good to see it again though
near the end of june apparently.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

After all the inhuman things I read daily, it's nice to see something like this. Makes you wonder if this act will benefit them during their hearings.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jekka

After all the inhuman things I read daily, it's nice to see something like this. Makes you wonder if this act will benefit them during their hearings.

You know I'm surprised nobody has said 'they just did it to get a better deal' etc and it might well make a judge think twice. Yes you do a crime you do the time but this shows the men in question have some humanity and sense of right and wrong inside them.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

It's probably the same guard that slips them their drugs... That's the only reason they broke out to help him.

I really hope your joking.

People get put in jail for many things that are bad...but they are still human beings that can do good things in times of need.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I"m sure it was said in jest.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
humans are humans - most people would help. These guys are humans but did not something silly in the past and suffering consequences. They are still human.

iwonder how many other stories are like this that dont get aired

very nice story thanks for sharing a reply to: sg1642

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

The girlfriend of Castille who filmed his death took to TV cameras to express her sympathy for the families and the men themselves who were killed in Dallas. Now that is someone who (regardless of our opinion on it) feels her boyfriend was murdered. It was nice to see that when there are a minority within a minority saying they deserved to die etc etc.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin

edit on Jul 13th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

join