It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Going On ...The World has gone Crazy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Metropolis1927

It's not that anything different or more severe is going on now, it's just that you hear about it more.

Probably the biggest thing I see is people's expectation of instant gratification. We can thank the Internet age for this.

The level of pure evil has not really changed. If anything, it has gone down (not up).

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Yep , take my word for it. I have been around for a while . Everything goes into the wash , rinse , repeat cycle over the years...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Thanks Metropolis had a huge effect on me as a teenager and in some ways I'm seeing that world happening now, and wish it wasn't.

And your right there is a beautiful world outside and I do enjoy it, I have a wonderful garden and people and pets around that I love and love me.

Maybe it's a getting old thing as once I used to think my job was to spread happiness and make people smile, the world makes me weiry and wares me down sometimes, I'm not normally a Debbie Downer and spreading bad vibes wasn't my mission.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hm. Well there was Vietnam and WWI and II and there have been countless upheavals and a near nuclear war during the Bay of Pigs. I dunno, I'd say we are just not evolving very fast. Go back far enough and look at all we humans have done and the world turns into rivers of blood and pain.

The problem is we have to evolve from the little lizard brain to the frontal cortex and such before we destroy ourselves.

Sorry. It's just kind of grim. But there is light closer than our life vein and this game can be won. I suggest focusing on harmonious and beautiful things for a few days. Find balance.

Peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

If you liked obscure Metropolis, you may have also have liked, Brazil, THX 1138, Roller Ball (the original with James Caan), Logan's Run and a little gem called Wisdom, with Emilio Estavez.

Edit: By the by, you're not spreading negativity, you're calling attention to issues that gives others pause and chance to reflect. Its better to be informed than not.

"Having a little more awareness about world events is a kind of Hell." --Chris Rock (paraphrased)
edit on 9-7-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
We'll certainly the Internet, I think I'll get off tomorrow for a few days, it's pretty depressing reading all the crap that's going on and most likely why I'm feeling so negative about our messed world.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard
Or is it technology is maybe making us envolve to fast, and our primitive brains can't keep up with it, hence the great mind sickness ?

However peace and harmony I shall focus on, I'm certainly happier and more positive when I forget the world.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Thanks intrptr, whilst I do like obscure and am certainly a movie buff Logans Run is about all I've seen on your list, well that I can remember anyway. I will seek them out and zone out in the near future, and escape the world event hell !

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
So I'm right, there is a great sickness in the world!

Was it Einstein that said:
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and hoping for a different result"
Yep that's our world, totally insane !

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metropolis1927
a reply to: Gothmog
So I'm right, there is a great sickness in the world!

Was it Einstein that said:
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and hoping for a different result"
Yep that's our world, totally insane !

Touche. Hats off to you . You have me there.
Well said.

edit on 7/9/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It seems to me that when people have it good, they want more and feel like it should always get better for human kind. But maybe we can only go so far as humans and we're starting to reaching that limit.

People in the past had it far worse IMO. Civilized humans in this day take for granted our overall well being. We don't have to deal with as many incurable diseases (all disease was incurable at one time). Food, shelter and our level of comfort is comparatively higher than throughout history. Compared to living a primitive tribal existence where everyday was a struggle for survival and we had to make everything we owned by hand with primitive tools, we are living like god-kings.

It seems to me, most modern civilized humans are born with expectations that make us spoiled and when we hit a rough patch we can't handle it and throw a fit. Naturally speaking, the world is a hard, cold and unforgiving place where winning or losing could mean the difference between life and death. We need to get real and stop projecting our great expectations on life because the universe doesn't really care about anything. Once we get over that we can begin to comes to terms with the current human condition.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

...am certainly a special movie buff Logans Run is about all I've seen on your list...

Then you're in for some treats, especially the first three.

Happy awakenings...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

What is causing it is the same as has caused every period of darkness to cast a shadow across our world. The powerful becoming unaccountable, and the masses being too weak of will to use their numbers to force the powerful to account for their behaviour.

The powerful and unaccountable were just as powerful and unaccountable through two world wars, and were still powerful and unaccountable after those wars. Had it not been for the likes of Clement Attlee, plebs would still be eating grit.
It is only through from the 1960's to the present that the plebs have become more sophisticated, though still not sophisticated enough to knock down barriers of class completely.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
i dont know hasnt it always been like that? humans having ISSUES? i think the best thing to do is to try to find some light where you can.

you can choose to focus on the cloudy sky above or instead focus on the flowers blooming just below your feet

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
I agree with you particularly about reaching our limit as human beings.

This is something I've been thinking for many years, it's a feeling of stagnagnation to the point of almost boredom. It's like we've almost reached our peak and there's no where else to go.

The areas I notice it most is in music, film and new exciting discoveries, it's almost like it's all been done and something needs to happen to move forward.

Maybe that's part of the sickness, were stuck bored and stagnant and need to evolve or something to escape the rut we are in as a species to move on to something better.
Or maybe we destroy ourselves and start fresh again..cave man style !

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111
While I agree humans have always had issues and there are darker and lighter times, what's going on the moment is different.

I feel the world is changing in big way, and whilst I love to smell the roses and probably need to do so more, I'm too much of a truth seeker to be an ostrich and bury my head in the sand and hope it all turns out ok.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Gee that's pretty heavy, don't think many will be left as doesn't everyone sin?
Didn't Jesus say something about casting a first stone?

Every mortal is a sinner. However every sinner can be saved if they pray to Jesus Christ and beg Him to be their Savior.

Then if they take up the Cross and guide other sinners back to Jesus then their names will be written back into the Book of Life.

Every sinner is actually throwing stones at themselves everyday. The sinless person doesn't even have to throw a stone anymore. The sinners are doing the job themselves.

A lot of sinners in America are now going to seek revenge after demons 'suggest' to them that they need to get their own back. Its all out chaos now and the evil elite love watching it because they feed off the anger.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
I agree with you particularly about reaching our limit as human beings.
. . .
The areas I notice it most is in music, film and new exciting discoveries, it's almost like it's all been done and something needs to happen to move forward.
. . .

Yes, the post modern dilemma that it has all been done before. We can only mix things up culturally and rehash them. Plus try shattering the entrenched taboos, but the "shock" tactics of taboo breaking are all too common and boring as well now.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Na, it's the internet. The 70's-80's were never like this. The 90's too. It's wasn't until the invention of social networks aka Facebook, when everything started going downhill. It's the dualism in life being categorized as opposition when it' s always been (it is what it is). It's this internet that exacerbates everyone's need to self-identify with specific causes while excluding others. It's the Internet that has allowed ideologies to flourish unimpeded and it's the internet that has pulled people apart while bringing the world together (dualism).

The internet is the cause of this and it's the people who haven't yet managed to be mature about it. We have an addiction and it isn't for truth or the realities of life. it's an addiction to be accepted, to know what others are doing so we can compare our faults, it's an addiction to texting while walking and an addiction to irrelevant subjectivity.

Knowledge is a powerful thing however, we are now living in a world of "know-it-alls" regardless if any of that knowledge is correct. Half the # on the internet is just convoluted lies and without the maturity to decipher it, it just propagates more generation snowflakes and corrupt ideologies.

I think there's a reason why we are on continents and galaxies are far far away.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If you ask me it is the control mechanism you feel in your choices, your economy, your control of outside events, your perception and understanding of fair/justice, the world as itself under the guise of goodwill. Coupled with the feed back of reality that none of these things exists creates a skewed perception, that most believe is their own, but in fact is an artifice of another's making.

In really simple terms:

The game is rigged and you are starting to be aware of the enormity of it all.

Exhibit A)
Yes, a Wikipedia link link.
Nash

I know this is abstract but this is basically the control mechanism.. John Nash's Equilibrium Theory on a global scale and you are on the Unequal side. That, and a little Art of War by Sun Tzu and you get a pretty good look that there is a man behind the curtail...

The funny thing about being a Lemming that knows the edge is coming... It doesn't stop the other 'unaware' Lemmings from dragging you right along with them...

edit on 9-7-2016 by Newt22 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join