It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM - Please Listen to this Mother.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

With all of the senseless events of this week, with all the cries of black lives matter, blue lives matter and so forth I was stunned to listen to this video from a mother. It may have been posted before, it may not, but the power in this woman's simple words would stop any protest. This video is nearly a year old, but the words ring truer now than ever before. It was time someone in the black community told their kids to have a big cup of STFU and better themselves, and value their own and everyone else's life. This was made after the events of Ferguson, but it could be about this week.
edit on AM6Sat20161972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/7/16 by masqua because: replaced 'all caps' in title

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

Mothers really do know best.

But it's not just BLM...some of their staunchest critics could use a serving or two of STFU, too.

We don't/won't get anywhere feeding off of each others fears, and differences. Our differences should be explored and celebrated, not derided--and certainly not fought over. Geeze, hasn't there been enough of that in the past several thousand years?

Personally? I don't care where you go to church, or if you even do. It means little to nothing to me, other than it helps make you--you. I don't care what color your skin is...nope. Or nationality. I don't give a flying whatever what your sexual preferences are, or if you were originally a boy or a girl. It flat doesn't matter to me.

I figure, if I give you a chance to prove you're a good person...the rest is window dressing.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I would really like to buy this woman a drink and have a nice long chat with her. Mother to mother. I have told some of the very same things to my children.

This lady is telling it like she sees it and doesn't mind hurting a few feelings in the process.

join