It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I can't be bothered.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Like I said before, it is a two street.

It might have had a chance at being a 2 way street - but that ship has sailed

I'm not accusing you of anything. Honest. There are plenty of good cops out there. Way more than bad - but it doesn't matter now because for too long people were willing to look the other way

This is where we are

In case you don't understand this - it's not just about cops - no matter the OP. This is about betrayal - our justice system, juries, the media - government right and left - all of it

We are living in a divided nation - and if we continue to bang this anti SJW drum, call people snowflakes - belittle people that state simply that black lives matter, and in general try to shut people up - we get what we've earned
edit on 7/9/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I am confused by your statement.

So you want to disarm the police?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I am confused by your statement.

So you want to disarm the police?

Please don't put words in my mouth and use this stupid debate tactic. I didn't say that and you know it.

Approaching a peacemaking situation with the attitude of compliance is the wrong approach.

Didn't you take the CIT classes?
edit on 9-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I honestly hope it's my dystopian novel addiction tainting my reason. What do you think?

I think I'm hoping it's your addiction too.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Who approached a peacemaking situation with an attitude of compliance?

I have taken a lot of CIT training.

Doesn't change the fact that I have my firearm on me when I am working.
edit on 9-7-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

"Those people?" How racist ...

(post by ketsuko removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: aethertek

"Those people?" How racist ...

Pfft,,,

K~

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Your point about Black on Black crime in America is intellectually weak and/or thought-poor. It reflects a very childish mindset and the lack of critical thinking. Or as this author put it:

It is the dumbest, most ridiculously racist phrase used to describe crime in the world right now.

Also:

93% of African American deaths are caused by black-on-black crimes.

82.4% of White American deaths are caused by white-on-white crimes.

Go Google it if you don't believe me. Here, I will save you the effort:

www.amren.com...

Did you know...

Whites are 6 times as likely to be murdered by another white person as by a black person; and overall, the percentage of white Americans who will be murdered by a black offender in a given year is only 2/10,000ths of 1 percent (0.0002). This means that only 1 in every 500,000 white people will be murdered by a black person in a given year. Although the numbers of black-on-white homicides are higher than the reverse (447 to 218 in 2010), the 218 black victims of white murderers is actually a higher percentage of the black population interracially killed than the 447 white victims of black murderers as a percentage of the white population. In fact, any given black person is 2.75 times as likely to be murdered by a white person as any given white person is to be murdered by an African American.

The ignorant people who bring up the ignorant argument of "Black-on-Black Crime: Why don't blacks protest that instead?" or as you have phrased it: "But it is frigging crickets when it comes to black-on-black homicides," have never contemplated, or asked themselves, these common sense questions regarding the fact "Whites kill more Whites" than anybody else:

Have you ever heard anybody talk about white on white crime? Have you ever seen any white folk march about white crime, have conferences or gatherings focused on white on white crime? Don't lie—you know you haven't.

...and yet here you are as the OP asking the question about Black people due to your very own ignorance.

BLM, angry white people, and everyone else is protesting the cop-kill-black-man issue.

They are protesting more than just "cop killings". They are protesting violent traffic stops, unfair and abusive treatment, and many more degrading experiences they are often subjected to by police across the country for many years that happens at a higher rate than it does any other demographic...

They are protesting experiences such as the one in the video below of harassing the passenger of a car because the driver was not wearing her seat belt; pulling a gun on him; demanding he step out of the car for no just cause; smashing the window; tasering him; dragging him out of the car; placing him on the ground to cuff him; all the while TWO young children are sitting in the backseat.

and also situations like this:

"Man Tasered While Waiting To Pick His Kids Up From Day Care While on his work Break."

They do this in front of their children...

But if we can't blame all Muslims for terrorist acts If we can't blame all cop killings on BLM

Very true. However, the issue is less about race, even though it is often the cause of Blacks being subjected more to harassment than whites are, as what was demonstrated in the two videos above, due to unconscious bias.

Why in the F### are they protesting ALL COPS?

It is not about blaming or protesting all cops, but more about the dysfunctional police culture that exist within the United States that is negatively affecting the entire fabric of its society.

The "police culture" in the States is an embarrassment to the police culture of other first world nations in the world. The American people deserve better overall policing. This can only be accomplished by improving the recruitment standards and training.

That is why they are protesting.

I thought it would be obvious by now...

www.dailykos.com...

edit on 9-7-2016 by Involutionist because: Grammar and punctuation SUCKS! Fixed Youtube links.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Your reply is one gigantic farce.

In a country that is predominately white (e.g. USA), it is only logical that white people will far more likely be the perpetrators (and victims) of crime. Therefore, using the term "white-on-white crime" is nonsensical because the majority is white. Minority groups committing crimes in disproportionate numbers relative to their population is illogical, and therefore spawns terms like "black-on-black crime" to explain this anomaly. (If you can show me evidence of countries where white people are the minority and commit crimes disproportionately to their population size, I will reconsider my position. And if it can be shown, I WOULD expect the term "white-on-white crime" to be referenced in these situations.)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

In a country that is predominately white (e.g. USA), it is only logical that white people will far more likely be the perpetrators (and victims) of crime.

The two links I provided in my previous comment clearly explained what you stated in greater depth along with demonstrating how nonsensical your below words are:

Therefore, using the term "white-on-white crime" is nonsensical because the majority is white. Minority groups committing crimes in disproportionate numbers relative to their population is illogical, and therefore spawns terms like "black-on-black crime" to explain this anomaly. (If you can show me evidence of countries where white people are the minority and commit crimes disproportionately to their population size, I will reconsider my position. And if it can be shown, I WOULD expect the term "white-on-white crime" to be referenced in these situations.)

Your above thought process sure does exemplify irony because:

Your reply is one gigantic farce.

This part almost made me spit out my beer. You stated:

Therefore, using the term "white-on-white crime" is nonsensical because the majority is white.

Do yourself a favour and marinate on your above thought until you realize how stupid a statement that was to make...

Also, you seem to have a problem discerning information presented within its proper context. You should read this link below along with your entire last comment until you realize how absolutely absurd your argument is.

www.dailykos.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Deflection abounds.

Bring some links that aren't saturated in emotional reasoning and they might be taken more seriously.

Oh and here's some advice: don't ingest a substance that is likely to impact your cognitive functioning when attempting to engage in an intellectual discussion.

edit on 10/7/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Oh and here's some advice: don't ingest a substance that is likely to impact your cognitive functioning when attempting to engage in an intellectual discussion.

Thanks for the kindly worded advice. The snob in me usually doesn't take advice from daily commuters but, that one sounds good.

Bring some links that aren't saturated in emotional reasoning and they might be taken more seriously.

So, I suppose this following fact from the link in my initial post doesn't fit your narrative? Deflection abounds, indeed...

Whites are 6 times as likely to be murdered by another white person as by a black person; and overall, the percentage of white Americans who will be murdered by a black offender in a given year is only 2/10,000ths of 1 percent (0.0002). This means that only 1 in every 500,000 white people will be murdered by a black person in a given year. Although the numbers of black-on-white homicides are higher than the reverse (447 to 218 in 2010), the 218 black victims of white murderers is actually a higher percentage of the black population interracially killed than the 447 white victims of black murderers as a percentage of the white population.

In fact, any given black person is 2.75 times as likely to be murdered by a white person as any given white person is to be murdered by an African American.

Here is a link not saturated in emotional reasoning with fair stats that might even appeal to your bias:

www.timwise.org...

You stated:

Minority groups committing crimes in disproportionate numbers relative to their population is illogical, and therefore spawns terms like "black-on-black crime" to explain this anomaly.

Can you expound on this, please.

Just a glimpse from the above link:

Only about 1 percent of African Americans — and no more than 2 percent of black males — will commit a violent crime in a given year;

Chat more later. Need to be up by noon.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join