It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Naval Exercise in the World underway RIMPAC16

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

In Hawaii and off its coast the biennial US lead month long massive naval exercise RIMPAC is under way. RIMPAC 2016 (the Rim of the Pacific Exercise) has 45 ships, 5 subs, 200 aircraft and 25,000 personal. Its month long joint training includes amphib operations, gunnery training, defensive exercises against subs, missiles, and aircraft, anti piracy training, EOD, ship salvage, mine clearing, diving, and submarine rescue. Participants include mostly US allies and friends Australia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, South Korea, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Tonga and the United Kingdom. And also 5 warships from China. Russia has not been invited since its occupation of Crimea.

If your wondering why invite China, their are several reasons. One it reduces paranoia that the exercise is not directly focused against them, It allows us to see the Chinese Navy operating far from home, something rarely seen, and it reminds China just how powerful the Navy and its allies are.

Wait you say, does this not give China a chance to spy on us? Yes yes it does. However the times they were not invited the sent spy ships to that anyway. So it really does not matter in that regard.

Russia who was not invited for the second time has sent a spy ship this year. Russian Spy Ship now off Hawaii What makes that interesting is that clearly the Russians are not expecting the Chinese to share anything that they learn so they are going to monitor the exercises themselves.

It is always pretty cool to this many nations cooperating and training together so that can do is it is ever needed in real world.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Being that this is a conspiracy site, I'll be the first to say it. Makes me wonder what might happen during these exercises.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jekka

Being that this is a conspiracy site, I'll be the first to say it. Makes me wonder what might happen during these exercises.

The greatest false flag of all times....

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Is anyone else getting some immature giggles out of the name/slogan?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I tried having navel exercises but every time I squeeze too hard I fart.

Kidding. I'm kidding.

That would be neat to see. It would be like a war movie.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: Jekka

The greatest false flag of all times....

Yeah I'm sure the greatest false flag so far is one we haven't even, as a community, realized is a false flag.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Absolutely

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I thought it sounds like a gay rapper ?

I'm from uk and don't know American music that well

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Jekka

The same thing that happened during the other 24 times RIMPAC has been held?

A whole lot of training, sweating, and, according to friends and family who participated in the past, a whole lot of fun.

I'd be very interested in seeing how the Russian spy ship is treated...

Hopefully ATS-members who are participating can tell us later--without getting into trouble, of course. I don't want to know that badly.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Why should the Russians expect China to share anything with them in any case if they can maybe watch the whole thing either on tv or by satellite?

I suspect the Russian ship is just a token of 'respect' sent by the Russians to let Obama and RIMPAC 16 know they know all about it.

This is just another jolly for the services to attend to qualify their existence - except for the rescue sections of the fleets and it probably costs a fortune to play around.

In war situation would all these ships be operating together, unlikely so why bother? Cynical me hates these expensive show-offs and sabre rattling against a country that has not threatened us and only took its base back after a civilised vote by the locals to remain in Russia.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Depending upon where the war is? Many of these nations would be fighting together, or at least working together.

Anti-piracy operations off the Horn of Africa, many of these nations are, indeed, working together. Humanitarian operations after EQ's find many of these nations working together.

It's not just about fighting, though that is, of course, part of it. It's essentially a "getting to know you" thing. Though that's an over-simplification. Think of it as a corporate training seminar/convention, where you learn to network with others in the same line of work.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Talking to some of our Sub mariners:

According to them, their fast attack subs always escape and win just about every simulated battle. They are on shore leave while the fleet is still looking for them ! Maybe youthful bragging ?

Kinda surprised Thailand is participating in some ways...?.... although they have said it is their intent to purchase a Chinese made submarine in the near future. All of Asia is holding the middle of a rope while the USA and China pull on both ends.

USA still conducts training exercises in Thailand but on a much more reduced scale than in olden times. USA C130s arrive every year and show the flag and help with inspections. While China invest in roads and high speed rail systems.. If I were a small country in Asia I would be holding the center of the rope too. No telling what kind of goodies might fall out of the rich and powerful's pocket book.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You made the point that most of these countries already 'network' together, especially on rescue missions etc which I did mention.

Strange how we don't seem to have many of them operating in the Med to stop hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants there from barging into other countries.

All of these countries I suspect regularly hold their own training exercises because its part of keeping your Navy effective and efficient. But again how often are all these country's Navy's going to be employed together as this current shindig is operating, never in actual fact and neither are individual Navy's going to give any operating secrets away in times of war?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

That's a very good question, and one that should be brought up. ...and I'll do just that, not that I expect anything even resembling a real answer--the Med. issue, with my Congress critter. She doesn't like me...as I ask her stuff when she's here.

But again how often are all these country's Navy's going to be employed together as this current shindig is operating, never in actual fact and neither are individual Navy's going to give any operating secrets away in times of war?

Probably not very often at all, as you say...but never is a very long time. They're not going to give away particular trade secrets, no probably not...but learning each others operational tempos, general training standards, etc... all go a long ways towards understanding capabilities. One of the reasons, I surmise, that China is invited.

They'll, the Chinese, observe, even participate in some things, so that they'll understand how various Navies operate, and maybe more importantly, why those navies do things the way they do. Which could help prevent bad things from happening in the future.

Or, I'm completely out in left field, and haven't the slightest notion about any of this. which wouldn't totally surprise me.
edit on 7/9/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
What Royal Navy ships?

Surprised to be honest as though the UK had pretty much withdrawn from the Pacific and left it to you guys.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

I thought it sounds like a gay rapper ?

I'm from uk and don't know American music that well

You must...and I am copyrighting that ASAP

edit on 7/9/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It looks really cool, the picture of all the ships in formation.

But, I cannot stop thinking it looks like a really big sitting duck.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

oh.....now I am. lol.

didnt see that at first. mind in the gutter

edit on 9-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: seagull

You made the point that most of these countries already 'network' together, especially on rescue missions etc which I did mention.

Strange how we don't seem to have many of them operating in the Med to stop hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants there from barging into other countries.

All of these countries I suspect regularly hold their own training exercises because its part of keeping your Navy effective and efficient. But again how often are all these country's Navy's going to be employed together as this current shindig is operating, never in actual fact and neither are individual Navy's going to give any operating secrets away in times of war?

First with the Med. Asian and South American Countries would likey send ships to assist how ever the EU would have to request them and that would make it look like the EU can not take care of its own backyard. So not going to happen.

As for how often would they work together? They all train with the US. Most of them are members of other groups and this is more of those groups working together.
For example NATO states US, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, and the UK.
ASEAN states Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.
Five Power Defense Arrangement states UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia
ANZUS- Australia, New Zealand, US
Southeast Asia Collective Defense Treaty- US, Australia, New Zealand, France, UK, Thailand, Philippines
Rio Pact- US, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru
Trilateral- US. Japan. India

South Korea has joint exercise with most NATO and many Asian nations as well. Only tiny Tonga is not really involved but they often send troops to help the US.

So yes in a conflict many of these states would be working together as they have overlapping treaties and common allies. In particular in Asia. Or in other operations like Task Force 151 of Somalia which has ships from 20 nations and in conflicts in Korea, the Gulf War, and supporting the war on terror have all seen multi national fleets working together. Even the Kingdom of Tongo sent forces to Iraq.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
It looks really cool, the picture of all the ships in formation.

But, I cannot stop thinking it looks like a really big sitting duck.

With the US, China, India, UK and France navies all of a part of it their is nobody outside of the Russian who could even get a ship there with US supply aid. i wonder how long it takes them to get all those ships and subs lined up for a photo op?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join