It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist hate crime jumped 42 percent during Brexit referendum in UK

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39
i see a lot of hear say in there but not much more. So far it is shown that the anti-brexit groups propaganda is in full spin. I think that is the most hateful crime portrait in there, mongering hoping to incite
fear and violence hoping it will damage the vote.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Query...

If you do not believe in the freedom and rights of everyone here in this country, why should you be entitled to any?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

You are the one that is disillusioned and your arrogance just points to a lack of real insight.

You accuse eletheia of talking nonsense and yet you state that anyone that does not comply with your version of humanity should be subjected to violence. In the Tennessee shooters thread, you support the police being shot at. And you have the blind cheek to talk about shame regarding the UK!

Shame about the civilians, but I could care less about any hurt LEO's.

You disgust me.

It is pretty obvious the type of reality you want to live in and it is most certainly not a democratic one with free speech. You are just as bigoted as the people you profess (wrongly I might add) to be bigots.

It isn't eletheia that is part of the problem, it is people like you.

Among the closest thing we have to fascists in modern Britain are people who call themselves ‘anti-fascists’. Not all people who call themselves ‘anti-fascist’, thank goodness. But a sizable portion. If you ever see these people in action you will notice that they behave in exactly the way you would expect their alleged opponents to behave. It is not just their behaviour (screaming, shouting, marching, fighting, threatening, brawling etc) that is so evocative of fascism. It is the belief that their rigid belief system is the only correct one and that all opponents are ‘scum’ who must be ‘smashed’ (this really is the language they use).

Some anti-fascists are very fascistic

Yes it is disgraceful a handful of racists incidents based mainly on ignorance. Despite what the MSM tells you, they do not represent the majority and even then they do not deserve to be lined up and shot. They are not the scum of the UK. There is a group that is far worse. It has people that aspire to ideas like yours. They are the real scum.

edit on 9-7-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
What I find interesting is you hear about the British being racist, but you never hear the stories when it's the other way around and British are the victims.... Which they often are nowadays.

That's not a race or hate crime....... Minorities get a free pass on attacking the majority.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo

"Making excuses for those raciest scum-bags, makes you part of the problem"

It's just a shame that you can't see what's in front of your eyes.

WOW!! you have just confirmed .... whatever anyone else thinks

or has reason to believe *you believe that you are right* only you are able

to see whats in front of your eyes

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Query...

If you do not believe in the freedom and rights of everyone here in this country, why should you be entitled to any?

Not everyone is in this country legally ....

I do not have the *freedom and rights* to park myself on someone else's property...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There are nasty bigoted pricks in all societies, be it nationality, race, gender etc, just being different.
All I think is that as a society all the decent people challenge it whenever we see or hear such things happening.

Anecdotally my social groups are a mixed bag of Brits, Polish, Czech, Slovakian, Lithuanian, Irish, and even Madeiran so I don't actually know any 'Send them home!' types in real life.
I voted Leave in the referendum, but wishing sensible controls on immigration only so public services can plan and keep up.

As for settled EU nationals here then of course I would oppose any plans to 'send them home' vociferously and with a passion.

Only last night I had a lovely night with a 'friend' who cooked me traditional Czech food before we got drunk on some imported rocket fuel spirit from her local distillery back home. I love my EU friends and will challenge any behaviour directed negatively towards them.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yeah maybe hate against the people that voted to leave the EU.
Seems to me like the left(as usual) are the violent ones here.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

What I find interesting is you hear about the British being racist, but you never hear the stories when it's the other way around and British are the victims....

That's not a race or hate crime....... Minorities get a free pass on attacking the majority.

Not Britain YET ....but arriving at our borders very soon if the agenda

of *multiculturalism and diversity* keeps on being pushed, and there is no

control of our borders.

Two immigrants who acted like animals in a mass frenzy of sexual assaults in
Cologne cheered, grinned and raised their fists in the air in celebration after
receiving suspended prison sentences, they showed little remorse when leaving
court. The two were found guilty for their part in the attacks in which dozens of
immigrant men sexually molested and robbed hundreds of women.
Their victims broke down and wept in court as they described their ordeals. The
judge said the duo acted like animals.

But we must make way for these people and turn a blind eye, or the other cheek

to their behaviour treat them with respect

In my book respect is earned not given freely.

In Switzerland the parliament is considering tough new legislation to stop
people who enter the country as refugees, from flying home. The move was
sparked by seven Eritreans who entered as penniless refugees fleeing
violence
, but who flew back home for breaks - and even to get married.
Their asylum status has been revoked.

Thumbs up ...Hats off ... one country with the right idea

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Awesome, I disgust a nobody on the internet. That was on the bucket-list as it happens. Thank you so much. As for the rest, why bother, you're a nobody.

Thanks again.

Rev

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Really? This is what we've become on ATS? I can see just fine thank you very much and I see someone poking fun because they have nothing valid to say. Don't get me wrong, I support your right to poke fun, but it's not really much of an argument, is it?

Oh well, best search elsewhere for intelligent life...there's so little of it in this thread. Shame.

Rev

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I must commend you on your scaremongering and your awesomely biased views. I salute you and hatred of immigrants!

Carry on.

Rev

/sarcasmoff
edit on 9/7/2016 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo
Oh well, best search elsewhere for intelligent life...there's so little of it in this thread. Shame.
Rev

To the only intelligent *somebody* on ATS!!

In whose eyes everyone else is an unintelligent *nobody*

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

How old are you?

My 9 year old nephew could have come up with a better response than that.

You like to spout hateful ideology and when challenged, respond with childish gibberish.

Laughable.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

LIES !
/

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I find your analogy to be ridiculous.

For a start, in the exchange between yourself and revmoofoo, the distinction between illegal immigrant, and citizen is never explored. More to the point, there is absolutely no way to actually tell the difference between a legal citizen, and an undocumented immigrant by looking, listening, or any other method, unless you happen to be part of the government body responsible for our borders and immigration anyway.

This means that any animosity or indifference gets shared around everyone who looks, sounds, or acts differently than the perceived British norm. Clearly, this points to the fundamental issue with segregationalist attitudes. Casual disregard, indifference, is an example of a state of mind that comes from the person who harbours that attitude, having been made to, or allowed themselves to autonomously and of their own free will, dehumanise the object of their disregard. What follows is not opinion, but fact:

A) Dehumanising others in ones own mind IS hate, no matter how casual ones disregard may be. Doing so on the basis of race, colour, perceived nationality, or any other similar metric, is racism.

B) Dehumanising others is fallacy, a fallacy so huge that the only one which overshadows it, is the idea that it can be justified to do so. The reality is that you simply do not have permission to decide whether an individual has personhood, whether they possess humanity as a concept. No human being on this whole planet has permission to decide on such matters.

C) If a person takes it into their head to take for themselves the right to make decisions about other people, about their personhood, about whether or not they should be treated like a human being, that person automatically becomes part of the problem with a society, not any solution worth a god damn.

Realistically speaking, you cannot justify or legitimise your position. Whether a person is an illegal immigrant or not, does not make the blindest bit of difference. So they commited the offence of illegally entering the country? We have people who were born on this island, whose parents, their grandparents and their grandparents before them, were born on this island, who commit crimes far more serious on a weekly basis, muggings, thefts, arson, murder, starting or joining criminal gangs, pushing drugs to kids, protection rackets, armed robbery, car theft, joy riding, causing death by dangerous driving, driving while banned and intoxicated....and yet these individuals do not receive the sort of treatment, the casual disregard that immigrants, legal or otherwise, receive in this country.

Why? Because they do not LOOK or SOUND different to the rest of us. And yet, clearly, their criminality is far more excessive! The reality is, that those who find themselves able to be indifferent, to casually disregard, to simply not care a damn for those who APPEAR to be different than themselves, are more harmful to our society than all the overstretching and strain that a burgeoning population places on our infrastructure. History bears this out.

It is not, as you said, a matter of opinion, but a matter of fact, when accounting for all the historical and contemporary evidence available.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That is a very pertinent question, and not just in the UK.

I'm paraphrasing here, so bear with me...

Thomas Paine said (or words to that effect)

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it.

If all are not free to express/live as themselves, then none are. Be they Muslims, Jews, or Christians...or Anglicans, I suppose as we're talking the UK.

It really is an all or none proposition. If, in doing so they break the laws of society, then punish, otherwise leave them be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join