It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moral compass is broken.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I need help, I need some money.

Can I send you my pay pal account?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Maybe one day we will create a system that is not based on a power pyramid Ponzi scheme where real power and knowledge is distributed on the most local level.

This parasitical structure have always been unholy creating violence and suffering to the whole of humanity.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

INDEED.

After Armageddon, such evils and ills will be history.

I long for that day.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

The problem is when compassion is not based in awareness and facts then it can become a self destructive paving the road to mistreatment of others thru good intentions. Instead of going after any soul that have predatory behavior and cleaning up the own culture/society of predatory flaws and removal of ideas that cause us vs them duality people tolerate the predatory in their own culture/society thinking their culture/society is not corrupted.

To not be a hypocrite. Do not tolerate insanity anywhere you find it even if people will call you a hater for pointing out a problem that they do not want to deal with.

Karl Popper defined the paradox in 1945 in The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1.

"Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

INDEED.

I long for that day.

Since I have made sure I do not know to much of the future I do not know how that will play out. I long for home forgotten instead. Humanity has much potential unrealised. I hope you are on a path that will cause you as much comfort and hopefully as little suffering as possible.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
U TOO.

THANKS

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

originally posted by: BO XIAN

INDEED.

I long for that day.

Since I have made sure I do not know to much of the future I do not know how that will play out. I long for home forgotten instead. Humanity has much potential unrealised. I hope you are on a path that will cause you as much comfort and hopefully as little suffering as possible.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Nowadays, when Putin farts, we all talk about the stench.

There actually is no increase in the corruptness or evilness on this planet - from personal observation I came to the conclusion there is a DECREASE, actually. But there is an increasing amount of information available on the evil that resides. You can revel in all that bad news and some do. They have plenty of options to do so, as the media will, by their very nature, bring only bad news and thrive on enlarging the evilness of people. They will present gory details about that horrible murder or killing nationwide, even worldwide, giving you the impression that the world is an unsafe place.

It is not.

This is a great world, with great people, and it is constantly improving. This is hard to believe if you just focus on the bad news - which you seem to do - but do as I do and focus on the good things and you'll soon see that actually the amount of evil decreases.

You may want to read this article by Olson.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: NewzNose

Haha then I'd like to add:

Eat meat!
Shoot guns!
Drink beer!

I know I know, typical 'murican here

wash , rinse , repeat. The way we do those in the South

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Sorry to tell ya, but thems not typical 'murican rules these says. Tho I agree with you, today it's

Eat Kale!
Shoot your mouth off!
Drink Starbucks!

I long for the good old days when line dancin' had nothing to do with snorting anything.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

I've been known to do just that. Somehow, I doubt your sincerity of need.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Some yes; mostly no.

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

Nowadays, when Putin farts, we all talk about the stench.

There actually is no increase in the corruptness or evilness on this planet - from personal observation I came to the conclusion there is a DECREASE, actually.

Perhaps your observations are somehow greatly lacking.

The article you linked to is a good one . . . later on that . . .
1. IIRC, around 1900 or so, there was a study of crimes in Boston and/or maybe New York . . . When church attendance was highest . . . murders, rapes, thefts, drunken brawls, etc. were at their lowest. THINGS DO CHANGE--for better or for worse--DEPENDING.
2. Many crime statistics change as demographics change--ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL. i.e. When there are more men in the more crime ridden age bracket [?16-35?], there are more crimes.
3. Your assertions and assumptions evidently exclude God from the picture--though your article seemed to leave room for Him and even cite some evidence--e.g. the cosmological constants--that can be taken as proof of His existence.
4. GOD has asserted that this era in which Israel is returned to its GOD-GIVEN lands will INCLUDE a return to the immorality, wickedness, raw evil as was in force and aflood across the planet just before Noah's flood. And, IN FACT, THAT IS what discerning observers see. There will be a 'correction' after Armageddon.
5. The ruthless, satanic oligarchy the evil one has been nurturing and guiding to setting-up the global tyrannical government have been very diligent and are very close to springing that horrifically abusive world government and one world religion overtly on the world stage. Folks who are not aware of that have not been paying attention; are horribly uninformed and/or willfully ignorant and/or terminally blind to major themes and forces in our era--forces even evident in the MSM.
6. CHRIST HIMSELF NOTED that THIS ERA WILL BE WORSE THAN THE PLANET HAS EVER SEEN AND WORSE THAN IT WILL EVER SEE AGAIN.. I'll take his Word over that of anyone & everyone else. Besides, it is already evident that we are entering such a time. The mass killings and a totally corrupt Federal etc. government are merely hints of what's coming.
7. By the time the above has resulted in overt, routine activities convincing some folks of such realities, there will hardly be chances to hide or run. And . . . at some point, the blood WILL flow as high as a horse's bridle--perhaps at Megido at Armageddon.
8. At some point, probably the chip as the Mark of the Beast will be required to buy or sell . . . and to get the chip, one must swear allegiance to/ worship satan incarnate. If you think that's wonderful progress, I think you have a very different dictionary to mine or are living in a very different galactic cluster.
9. I do believe that humans have a ton of influence on their own daily lives with their outlook and attitude. Research makes clear that optimists succeed much more in life than pessimists. However, that is true of optimists WHO ARE REALITY BASED. Folks who live in a fantasy rosy cloud DENYING realities are not so successful.
10. I believe the verse about "As a man thinks in his heart, so is he." We have a lot of influence over our own character, habits, outlook, personality, tendencies etc. by how we think and what we focus on chronically. That's a lot different than pretending that we can make the drive home sparse with cars . . . or a magnitude 8 quake stop short of damage by wishful thinking, positive thinking or 'imaging.'
10.1. I'm NOT, however, discounting Holy Spirit fostered prayer toward such moderated, miraculous events and HIS following through accordingly. He can do whatever He wants. But the fantasy that my vainly imagined notions can alter foundational reality doesn't cut it, with me. I've not experienced life that way.
11. IS THE UNIVERSE FRIENDLY? Yes and no. For those walking in intimate Fellowship with God--EXCEEDINGLY SO. Foundationally, with the cosmological constants--however many dozen or so there are--EXCEEDINGLY SO--TO SUCH AN EXTENT that it is a mathematically functional impossibility for the universe we observe to have 'just happened' without a CREATOR engineering it. A Swiss watch has never been observed to spring spontaneously up out of a chaotic junk yard. Never. The universe has not existed remotely long enough to make of those probabilities more than an absurd joke.
12. For those in rebellion against Creator God--tough tacos. It's a slightly interesting fantasy to spew the absurdity that there "IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG--JUST WHATEVER'S RIGHT for you. We'll see how that works out for the millions swallowing that delusion hook, line and sinker.
13. WHEN there is a right, that automatically means that choosing wrong, results in LESS IDEAL CONSEQUENCES. One can pretend that living in a squalid shack drunk on one's arse week in and week out with a battered wife and kids is great fun and freedom. But such a fantasy doesn't alter the reality--particularly for the spouse and kids.
14. CERTAINLY THE Yequana Indians of Brazil HAVE IT RIGHT--INSURING THAT FOR THE FIRST 2 YEARS OF LIFE, THEIR CHILDREN ARE IN CONSTANT 24/7 SKIN CONTACT WITH ANOTHER WARM CARING BODY. OF COURSE THAT YIELDS SOLID SELF-ESTEEM AS WELL AS A VERY SECURE, POTENT, STRONG AND CONFIDENT OUTLOOK ON REALITY AND THE WORLD.
14.1. However, that likely does not prevent said children from being damaged by a poisonous snake, insect or frog. I'm even somewhat skeptical that it would prevent a warring tribe from attacking and stealing their food or children.
14.2. Certainly individuals growing up confident, with a positive outlook and personal confidence makes a huge difference in the quality of that person's life. That's one reason I rant so constantly about RAD--which, essentially, is a huge part of what that 2 years of constant skin contact prevents.
14.3 AND WHEN a significant percentage of the tribe's individuals walk in such confidence and caring--it makes a huge difference for the quality of the tribal life as a whole.

15. I recall what life was like in the 1950's in the rural Southwestern USA. Folks left their doors unlocked. They dropped in on one another unannounced and were warmly received. They helped each other routinely--often volunteering unasked. They reached out to those unfortunate more routinely. Children respected their parents and behaved accordingly more consistently and routinely.

[to be contd]

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
15.1. But even in the 1950's the rot was beginning to surface. The oligarchy had bought out the major media in 1915-1917 and were beginning to increasingly shape the cultural memes, themes, values toward nihlism, globalism, etc. Few saw it. Some did. My High School PhD level Advanced English teacher did--though she didn't overtly declare it much at all.
15.2. She had us read, over that year, Machiavelli, Brave New World, Animal Farm, Fahrenheit 451?, John Locke, Walden, The Declaration, Bill of Rights and The Constitution; The Communist Manifesto; and some others of that ilk. The final term paper was to answer the questions: WHO AM I? WHAT DO I BELIEVE? WHERE AM I GOING? Most folks wrote 3-4 pages. My best friend wrote 8. I wrote 32 IIRC. And got a B+ on my first draft. LOL.
15.3. Thoughtful students even in 1965 could see where we were headed at an increasing speed. It has NOT gotten BETTER since then. We are MUCH CLOSER to the ruthless tyrannical global government and one world religion than we have ever been.
16. And anyone who pretends that the thoroughly corrupt, ruthless, greedy, power-mongering Federal Government is "better" in any rational meaning of the word . . . must be lobotomized or living in a different galactic cluster.
17. I loved the Crichton narrative. Certainly our own perspective on our own situation alters the quality of that situation. Perceptions DO make a difference. They don't remotely automatically turn a raging bull or cougar into an affectionate kitten.
18. HOPE IS PRICELESS. And it IS possible to have hope in the current situation where the planet is being aggressively and with increasing speed shoved down the chute to hell.
19. But there is NO HOPE in government. There is NO HOPE in science that primarily brings us more deadly and pervasive ways to control individuals by a ruthless government. There is NO HOPE in chaos. There is NO HOPE in anarchy. There is NO HOPE in political activism, demonstrations, or even get-out-the-vote movements. The oligarchy is already far too much in !!!CONTROL!!! for there to be a shred of hope in any of those options.
20. THERE IS ONLY HOPE IN THE ONE WHO PREDICTED ALL THIS. Folks know my sentiments on all that or can ask or search them out.
21. The quantum physics experiments are interesting. And some fantasize from those that any significant decision on the part of anyone ACTUALLY splits off another whole new multiverse. That's an interesting sci-fi fantasy. It has no practical impact or implication the daily lives of any of us. Pretend, for a really absurd moment, that such is REALLY true. We are still challenged, called, thrown into an existential existence WHERE we are called, expected, more or less forced to LIVE AS THOUGH what we see, can sense, is all we got between now and facing God and whatever eternity our choices will result in for us as an individual.
22. I thought the "library angel" was a cute metaphor. My belief is that God sooooo loves individuals He created that even when they are somewhat in rebellion against Him, He will still, often enough, cause literal angels and His Holy Spirit to work out constructive events for their lives.
23. It is NOT "bad fantasies" that result in a declining bio-sphere etc. It is the UTTERLY SUPREMELY ARROGANT, RUTHLESS, EVIL, DESTRUCTIVE CHOICES AND ACTIONS of the satan worshiping oligarchy that have landed us in this situation. And, one could add, also the complicit choices and actions of billions of selfish, greedy, self-serving, arrogant, power-mongering average citizens have contributed to the same end. We have gotten, more or less, the rulers we deserve. CHOICES IN THOUGHT AND ACTION HAVE REAL CONSEQUENCES.
24. Bastardized monopolistic crony-ism Capitalism married to a bastardized Communism has been chosen by the ruthless satanic oligarchy as THE STRUCTURE for the looming one world government, culture. THE POWERFUL ELITE consciously and deliberately chose that and have evidently been working toward it methodically for 400 years; probably as far back as Rome and even Babylon. They didn't just lay around fantasizing until it came into being as a function of their dastardly evil thinking.
25. Certainly LOVE IS THE PRIORITY SANE CHOICE. What that translates to in each contact and interaction is often simple but sometimes not. Sometimes tough love doesn't look all that warm and fuzzy but is still what is precisely the MOST LOVING OPTION possible.
26. Some of us are called to being WATCHMEN ON THE WALL. WOE TO US IF we do NOT warn those we have contact with of the looming devastating events, disasters, wars, structures, dynamics, forces etc. But all we can do is warn. At that point, the blood of those warned will be on their own heads.

a reply to: BO XIAN

@openminded2011:

But there is an increasing amount of information available on the evil that resides. You can revel in all that bad news and some do. They have plenty of options to do so, as the media will, by their very nature, bring only bad news and thrive on enlarging the evilness of people. They will present gory details about that horrible murder or killing nationwide, even worldwide, giving you the impression that the world is an unsafe place.

It is not.

Nonsense. Tell that to the victims in Dallas, Iraq, Vietnam, Dacau . . .

There is NO lasting, dependable safety outside of Almighty Creator God's arms, high tower, protections. None. Individuals and governments are as a gnat's fart compared to Him, His Authority, Turf, Realm.

This is a great world, with great people, and it is constantly improving. This is hard to believe if you just focus on the bad news - which you seem to do - but do as I do and focus on the good things and you'll soon see that actually the amount of evil decreases.

This is a mystifying paragraph. It is as though you've been away all your life and just returned to your ancestral origins this week.
Focusing on the good news does NOT make the bad go away nor even become neutered and of low impact. Evil is not that wimpy.
And IF you think the USA is remotely BETTER, as a whole and in a lot of particulars, than it was 50 years ago, you are disastrously mistaken to the max.
Sigh.
Yes, there is reason for HOPE . . . but ONLY IN CREATOR GOD.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
If you knew were this world came from and everything involved, then you would see that what you see in front of you is about as peaceful and understanding, as things get, and have been in a long long time.

Did you know that morality was invented and conceptualized but a few thousand years ago, only to be really implemented in these past few centuries with give or take results and plenty of epic failures to even get it to this point. NO! You did not? Well! Now you know.

Its like a whole remake on the 10 commandments there what you wrote on your opening thread, but your right, those needed to be brought and reinterpreted into today's age. But don't you think that 10 is a bit to much for people remember? Which is why ol Jesus and comp etc etc, when they revised it they basically stuck with 1 or a few, easier to remember ya know. You know that whole love thy neighbor thing, and those other ones. Right? Whatever they are or were.

Basically dude! In all reality. I think we with all the progress we have made, can and after untold ages can finally check off that whole "keep hairless monkeys from throwing poop at each other, to much"... of the list. ie; Check
Done and done.

Now were will we go from here. It's oh so magical, the sky is the limit, or it could be that the limit is the sky. Who knows right! Not really, but really, but hey! I forgot what I was going to say.

Dont let me be the party pooper to a good doom and gloom thread. Carry on I suppose. I sometimes have a fascination with people who just realized that things are not all they are cracked up to be, and that the world is merely a progression of decisions as a whole that we have to live with, good or bad, but it should be said good and bad.

Now if life were so simple as you describe above, well then really we would not be here chatting up text on it.

In fact, I don't even know why I responded to this thread. Or I do, but I like to think that I don't know.

edit on 3amSundayam102016f0amSun, 10 Jul 2016 03:00:58 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join